Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Quran Club - Bid'ah or Khayr?

New thread
    Last edited by Pippin1376; 07-02-16, 03:22 PM.
    [SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"][FONT=Book Antiqua][CENTER][B][URL="http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?459504-Immensely-rewarding-dhikr!!!&highlight="]IMMENSELY REWARDING DHIKR!!![/URL][/B][/CENTER][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][COLOR="#2F4F4F"][CENTER]Before you post, think..."Will this help me when I stand before Allah?" If it doesn't, then you're wasting time....[/CENTER][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Re: The Quran Club - Part 2

Originally posted by |Abdur Raheem| View Post
    Imagine how much reward OP is getting for making this thread. :masha:
    imagine the sin if its bidah and they continue

Comment

Using the same logic, isn't this forum an innovation..?

Why are you here, mate?

And as regards to argue, the guys have given so many dalaa'il showing the prrmissibility, but if you aren't going to accept being unable to understand such arguments, then just stay away please..

So many other 'bidah' of a much more serious nature taking place around the world, and I don't see you actively doing something about that, but projects to encourage the recitation of the Quran gets you riled up?
      Last edited by i.badat; 19-01-16, 09:58 AM.
      وَإِذَا قِيلَ لَهُمۡ ءَامِنُواْ كَمَآ ءَامَنَ ٱلنَّاسُ قَالُوٓاْ أَنُؤۡمِنُ كَمَآ ءَامَنَ ٱلسُّفَهَآءُ*ۗ أَلَآ إِنَّهُمۡ هُمُ ٱلسُّفَهَآءُ وَلَـٰكِن لَّا يَعۡلَمُونَ

And when it is said unto them: believe as the people believe, they say: Shall we believe as the foolish believe? Beware! They indeed are the foolish? But they know not.
      Al Baqarah : Verse 13

Comment

Originally posted by i.badat View Post

Why are you here, mate?
        im not going to get into a debate about whether this particular thread is bidah or not. tbh i dont have enough knowledge to even begin. me personally im undecided
        what i do want to comment on is your reply. why on earth whenever someone warns against bidah we get the same old tired reply. "but your car is bidah" "your microwave" is bidah "this forum is bidah"
        there are two types of bidah, bidah in the deen which is completely rejected and bidah in the dunyah which is perfectly halal. you should know this

when the duat warn against bidah they are calling people away from hellfire and to reply in such a manner is mocking those who enjoin good and forbid evil

as to wether nonameakhi is correct i dont know the answer but show some respect to his dawah as he is calling you to what he believes is khair and wishes well for you

sorry for jumping down your neck like this but the old "but your car is bidah argument" is really weak and really frustrates me

rant over
        "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
          im not going to get into a debate about whether this particular thread is bidah or not. tbh i dont have enough knowledge to even begin. me personally im undecided
          what i do want to comment on is your reply. why on earth whenever someone warns against bidah we get the same old tired reply. "but your car is bidah" "your microwave" is bidah "this forum is bidah"
          there are two types of bidah, bidah in the deen which is completely rejected and bidah in the dunyah which is perfectly halal. you should know this

when the duat warn against bidah they are calling people away from hellfire and to reply in such a manner is mocking those who enjoin good and forbid evil

as to wether nonameakhi is correct i dont know the answer but show some respect to his dawah as he is calling you to what he believes is khair and wishes well for you

sorry for jumping down your neck like this but the old "but your car is bidah argument" is really weak and really frustrates me

rant over
          :jkk: bro..

I accept your criticism of me. You're right, I was very harsh there, and you call the argument weak, I agree.

But in my view, the root of the objection that the respected brother nonameakhi raises is also in the same vein. Look at his arguments in previous debates..

And after the constant spanners that this brother keeps throwing into this thread, I felt compelled to respond in such a way.
          وَإِذَا قِيلَ لَهُمۡ ءَامِنُواْ كَمَآ ءَامَنَ ٱلنَّاسُ قَالُوٓاْ أَنُؤۡمِنُ كَمَآ ءَامَنَ ٱلسُّفَهَآءُ*ۗ أَلَآ إِنَّهُمۡ هُمُ ٱلسُّفَهَآءُ وَلَـٰكِن لَّا يَعۡلَمُونَ

And when it is said unto them: believe as the people believe, they say: Shall we believe as the foolish believe? Beware! They indeed are the foolish? But they know not.

Comment

:jkk: bro..

I accept your criticism of me. You're right, I was very harsh there, and you call the argument weak, I agree.

But in my view, the root of the objection that the respected brother nonameakhi raises is also in the same vein. Look at his arguments in previous debates..

And after the constant spanners that this brother keeps throwing into this thread, I felt compelled to respond in such a way.
            it says alot about you that you accepted this critisism so well mashaallah may allah grant you khair
            im reluctant to comment on this issue of wether the thread is bidah or not because simply i do not have the knowledge. inshaallah you and nonameakhi can come to some sort of understanding but like i say i dont have the knowledge to get involved
            may allah guide us all to what is the truth of this and save us from falsehood ameen
            "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

Originally posted by nonameakhi View Post
              imagine the sin if its bidah and they continue
              Have any of the pious predecessors said something about what they are doing?
              [SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"][FONT=Book Antiqua][CENTER][B][URL="http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?459504-Immensely-rewarding-dhikr!!!&highlight="]IMMENSELY REWARDING DHIKR!!![/URL][/B][/CENTER][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][COLOR="#2F4F4F"][CENTER]Before you post, think..."Will this help me when I stand before Allah?" If it doesn't, then you're wasting time....[/CENTER][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Have any of the pious predecessors said something about what they are doing?
                Biddah is innovation, the pious predecessors never did bidah so why would they have said anything?

if your question is about what is being done here, ie the different people reading juzz and calling it completion then this is not from the pious predecessors. Their gatherings and recommendations was to come together and teach and listen, there is reward in that

If you read 1 juzz and i neither hear it or sat with you and i read 1 juzz and likewise you didnt hear it then your reward is for your 1 juzz and mine for mine, the two are seperate readings and should you read the first 15 juzz and me the second 15 then still your reward is yours and mine mine, BUT its not a completion or khatam

people started to do this with surah kahf on fridays ie read portions ad say it was a complete reading, it wasnt we have to read it all ourselves to get the reward

Comment

Why are you here, mate?

And as regards to argue, the guys have given so many dalaa'il showing the prrmissibility, but if you aren't going to accept being unable to understand such arguments, then just stay away please..

So many other 'bidah' of a much more serious nature taking place around the world, and I don't see you actively doing something about that, but projects to encourage the recitation of the Quran gets you riled up?
                  If you believe his forum is a form of worship then you need to question yourself brother. ONLY in worship is the concept of bidah an issue
                  Furthermore with newly invented matters, outside of worship, we have a formula that we follow based on a ruling on a similar matter. So cocaine wasnt around at teh time of the Prophet saw, but we use the rulings of alcohol (which is alos an intoxicant like cocaine) to derive the ruling on the newly invented matter (cocaine)

The forum is a form of communication and unless you can tell me that communication is haram then we have no argumen about bidah or anything else. Also its a form of dawah so all teh better. Only time it becomes an issue is if we use it for wrong things.

What you have to understand is that it is bidah i the deen that leads to hellfire, so we should be very riled about it, so your comment, although emotional, s incorrect ( I mean your last sentence/question here)

There have been dalail about reading in gatherings etc, I have yet to see a dalail to prove what is often happening in this ''quran club'' if you are truthful bring it forwrd and if you are correct I will happily apologise. But remember it is what yu are oing here ie reading bits and calling it a completion I went the daleel for. ot reading in gatherings (which this isnt) or reading for dead at time of death (which this isnt)

so please lets put teh rants to one side and bring teh evidences

Comment

Imagine how much reward OP is getting for making this thread. :masha:
                    You mean for creating a thread hosting bid'ah?
                    You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

No it isn't.
                      /end
                      You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Astaghfirullah. I'll have my post taken down. I didn't fully understand what was going on. :jkk: for clarifying.

Comment

[MENTION=82080]nonameakhi[/MENTION]

Yes, it was an emotional response. I personally do not have the knowledge to debate with you, hence the reason I have refrained before.

All I will say is that now most of the participants know your stance, if you really want this objection resolving, then take it down the right channels, go and talk to a moderator/@darul Ilm in private, or away from this thread.

When I get told by those responsible for the forum , or a person I regard to be a scholar to take it down, I'll do so.

:jkk: May Allah reward you for your concern, and guide us all towards that which Allah wants from us, and keep us away from the which is disliked by Allah.

Comment

[MENTION=82080]nonameakhi[/MENTION]

Yes, it was an emotional response. I personally do not have the knowledge to debate with you, hence the reason I have refrained before.

All I will say is that now most of the participants know your stance, if you really want this objection resolving, then take it down the right channels, go and talk to a moderator/@darul Ilm in private, or away from this thread.

When I get told by those responsible for the forum , or a person I regard to be a scholar to take it down, I'll do so.

:jkk: May Allah reward you for your concern, and guide us all towards that which Allah wants from us, and keep us away from the which is disliked by Allah.
                            jzkh

akhie it doesnt work like that. enjoin good forbid evil whenever, whereever you see it

i class dar ul ilm as a friend but this isnt something i would refer in private

it is a mistake not to address a public mistake publicly. this is islamic ruling and tht is the only ruling i obey

Comment

Keyboard warriors will tell you its "Biddah" to do a Khatm in a group, but they can't be bothered to do a Khatm themselves,
                              http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

Imam al-Shafii (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Working...
                              X