X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Praying Qadha Salah...

Assalamu alaykum,

Bismihi Ta'ala, Was-Salatu was-Salamu alaa Rasulillah

wanted to make a thread on qadha salah. maybe this could be like a support and encouragement thread.

is anybody else regularly praying there's? has anybody finished off all their qadha salah? how much did you have and how long did it take you?

i have about 7 years worth of fajr and zuhr and 3.5 years of asr, maghrib and isha...if i wanted to finish them all before ramadhan, i'd have to pray roughly 150 rakats every day, tabi'een style. :(. Allah Ta'ala help me, ameen.

i'm very lazy in this regard, may Allah Ta'ala give me love for salah and make it the coolness of my eyes, ameen.

i'm shafi though, so i can't pray any nawafil or sunan so i just substitute qadha for all of them, that way i finish quite a few every day. but in the shafi madhab, doing anything unnecessary instead of praying qadha is impermissible so i have to quickly get out of this habit of procrastination.

and, yes, i know salafis say there's no such thing as qadha salah.
    please do not ever rep me. jazakallah.

Re: Praying Qadha Salah...

:wswrwb:

Brother, chill off a bit. It doesn't matter how many Qadhaa Umris one has/had & the rate they complete(d) at.

Understand the idea of Qadha Salah in Islam. It is not merely a debt that you are paying off. One missed his Salah. That original Salah can never be replaced, not by qadha nor by 100 nawafil of pure humility and sincerity. Qadhaa is what shariah requires of us as a compensation to seek maghfirah of Allah. Now, knowing that you are reading the qadhaa to beseech the mercy of Allah, would it be wise to hurry & cut corners in it?

Imagine flattering your beloved with a bouquet of wilted flowers, or perhaps dandelions ! You are still fulfilling the obligation of giving some gift, but what? Apply the same to Qadhaa Salah. To beseech Allah's mercy, one needs to read Qadhaas properly, completely with devotion and full of istighfar over the lost salaat. Then make dua to Allah for forgiving your shortcoming.

If one dies while in the process of making up his qadhas, it is hoped that Allah will forgive him . So there is no point in over exerting oneself to complete the task inefficiently... rather focus on the quality.

Comment

Re: Praying Qadha Salah...

Wa alaikum salam

Jazakallah for this reminder, it is a reminder for those of us who have qadha to complete to start now
      and, may Allah forgive and make it possible and easy for all to complete it insha'allah.

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
      X