Islam and the supernatural

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ebony
    yeah..most of the time u see a man (men/women) walking about wearing a cloak, wailing and weeping..cz he has nowhere else to go

quite easy to mistake them for ghosts and what not i suppose :eek2:
    NoOoOo....lol. Trust me, its not men in cloaks,weeping. Its like im walking down, then i see my brother. Start talking to him. You get home and he says hes gonna do afew things, and he'll be back later on. He walks of, while you step into the house. Next thing, you see ur whole family including your bro sitting talking...and your like "huh, i was talkin to ya a min ago, n you went in the other direction". He's like, " errmmmm no, ive been sitting here for the last hour".
    Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

Quote:

Is wearing a "thaveez" wrong or acceptable? How likely is it that someone can intentionally or unintentionally put "nazzar" on someone else? Are there certain verses in the Quran to specifically 'combat' these things?

Answer:

thaveez is a form of shirk and quranic verses should not be worn like this but READ by the person who wants help from allah. People in my family do this and it really makes me angry.

The reason for this is because when u wear thaveez u are putting FAITH in the TAVEEZ, ufeel if u dont wear it ,something will happen to you but really u shoudl be turniong to allah and RECITING these verses u have round your neck,arm etc.

Shirk is the biggest sin someone can commit,be carefull becasue there is so many ways that it can be commited that u would not even have thought about.
      The Prophet SAW said, "(There are2words which R dear 2 the most gracious (Allah SWT)&very easy4the tongue2say but very heavy in the balance.They are:Subhan Allahi Wa Bihamdihi - Subhan Allahil-Azim

Comment

lets make it interesting has anyone came across something which they coulden't explain, it could be anything

Comment

Originally posted by muslim girl
          Quote:

Is wearing a "thaveez" wrong or acceptable? How likely is it that someone can intentionally or unintentionally put "nazzar" on someone else? Are there certain verses in the Quran to specifically 'combat' these things?

Answer:

thaveez is a form of shirk and quranic verses should not be worn like this but READ by the person who wants help from allah. People in my family do this and it really makes me angry.

The reason for this is because when u wear thaveez u are putting FAITH in the TAVEEZ, ufeel if u dont wear it ,something will happen to you but really u shoudl be turniong to allah and RECITING these verses u have round your neck,arm etc.

Shirk is the biggest sin someone can commit,be carefull becasue there is so many ways that it can be commited that u would not even have thought about.
          Thank you Muslim girl! I think i agree with this bt can you tell me the source? Also if a person is Illiterate... is it permissable then? I would still think it would make more sense to read the Quran in the presence of the person. Unless the person is TOOOOOO busy to sit there. i mean there are illiterate muslims in this world who work excessivey, I know that many people read verses and blow on water... maybe this is allowed in such cases ? BUt would that be allowed for people who are not illiterate? And what of those who can read a translatrion of the quran but have learnt arabic?

any feedback would be appreciated. I would be interested whatthe various schools of thought has to say about these matters....

Comment

Originally posted by Shaid_b
            NoOoOo....lol. Trust me, its not men in cloaks,weeping. Its like im walking down, then i see my brother. Start talking to him. You get home and he says hes gonna do afew things, and he'll be back later on. He walks of, while you step into the house. Next thing, you see ur whole family including your bro sitting talking...and your like "huh, i was talkin to ya a min ago, n you went in the other direction". He's like, " errmmmm no, ive been sitting here for the last hour".
            Yes...iv heard stories like these from both my parents...grandparents u name it.
            Makes good for time pass.
            You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Comment

Originally posted by Ebony
              Yes...iv heard stories like these from both my parents...grandparents u name it.
              Makes good for time pass.
              lol! They are true. Why dont you pop over to pakistan and camp in the forest :P

You be in no time!

Comment

What about Kunjree and Dhakair?

Comment

Originally posted by Baby Paw
                  What about Kunjree and Dhakair?
                  wats that?

Comment

Originally posted by ponderingstar
                    Thank you Muslim girl! I think i agree with this bt can you tell me the source? Also if a person is Illiterate... is it permissable then? I would still think it would make more sense to read the Quran in the presence of the person. Unless the person is TOOOOOO busy to sit there. i mean there are illiterate muslims in this world who work excessivey, I know that many people read verses and blow on water... maybe this is allowed in such cases ? BUt would that be allowed for people who are not illiterate? And what of those who can read a translatrion of the quran but have learnt arabic?

any feedback would be appreciated. I would be interested whatthe various schools of thought has to say about these matters....
                    We have no record of the Prophet s.a.w wearing quranic verses (thaveez) or allowing them to be worn. The wearing of quranic charms(thaveez) also contradicts the prophetic method of breaking spells and averting evil.The sunnah is to recite certain quranic chapters (113th and 114th) and verses (e.g ayatul kursee,2:255,sahih bukhari) when evil approaches. The only prescribed method of gaining good fortune from the quran is also by its recitation and application. The Prophet s.a.w said, "whoever recites a letter from Allah's book earns a good deed and each good deed is worth ten times its value. I am not saying that ALIF LAAM MEEM is one letter but that ALIF is a letter, LAAM is a letter and MEEM is a letter." (by Ahmed and al-hakeem).

Wearing the quran in an amulet is like a sick man given a prescription by a doctor. Instead of reading it and getting the medicine, he rolls it into a ball, puts it in a pouch and hangs it around his neck, believing that it will make him better!!!

As long as one who wears a quranic charm believes that it will avert evil and bring good fortune, he has given a part of creation the POWER to cancel what Allah has already destined. Consequently, he/she will depend on it instead of depending on Allah. This is the essence of the SHIRK involving charms, as is evident from the following narration:

" Eesa ibn Hamzah said, "once i came to visit 'Abdullah ibn 'Ukaym and found Hamzah with him, I asked 'Abdullah, "dont you wear a Tameemah (charm)?" He replied, "May Allah give us refuge from that! Dont you know that Allah's messenger s.a.w said , "Whoever wears a necklace or bracelet, depends on it". (tirmeedhi).

One who wears it for decoration does NOT commit shirk but most who wear it do so for protection from evil and as such, fall into an aspect of shirk in the fundamental Islamic principal of TAWHEED.

A conscious effort has to be made to purify one's belief of all that would detract from a pure concept of TAWHEED.

We as muslims must be careful to avoid using the quran as a goodluck charm. By hanging it in their cars,on key chains, bracelets, necklaces the way non-muslims use their various amulets and talismans, they open the door to SHIRK!!!

hope this helps!
                    The Prophet SAW said, "(There are2words which R dear 2 the most gracious (Allah SWT)&very easy4the tongue2say but very heavy in the balance.They are:Subhan Allahi Wa Bihamdihi - Subhan Allahil-Azim

Comment

Originally posted by Shaid_b
                      lol! They are true. Why dont you pop over to pakistan and camp in the forest :P

You be in no time!
                      Camping isn't my thing..why anyone would (voluntary) want to sleep amongst bugs/creepy crawlies and what not is beyond me.

Ws
                      You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Comment

Kunjree and Dhakair got their feet back to front, one sight of them can turn a mans hair grey and make him go mad. Well that's how the story goes.

So what you saying? I got this adornment inside my car with Allah's 99 names on it, am I commiting shirk?

Who the what?

Comment

Kunjree and Dhakair got their feet back to front, one sight of them can turn a mans hair grey and make him go mad. Well that's how the story goes.

So what you saying? I got this adornment inside my car with Allah's 99 names on it, am I commiting shirk?

Who the what?
                          it depends what ur intenetion was when u put it in your car, is it for decoration or is it there some other reason?

Comment

My mum got it as a gift when she was buying some Takta (you know wall plaques and tapestry with Surahs, Allahs names and all that).

To be honest, I just put it in the car as decoration, it's pretty looking and designed. Sometimes when waiting in traffic or when the car is stationary I will look at it and read the names of Allah off it. Good way of clocking up sawab I suppose, Insha'Allah.

Who knows maybe when I am not there in the car, something unseen might be there in the car, reading the 99 names of Allah off the decoration.

Who knows? Only Allah knows.

Comment

My mum got it as a gift when she was buying some Takta (you know wall plaques and tapestry with Surahs, Allahs names and all that).

To be honest, I just put it in the car as decoration, it's pretty looking and designed. Sometimes when waiting in traffic or when the car is stationary I will look at it and read the names of Allah off it. Good way of clocking up sawab I suppose, Insha'Allah.

Who knows maybe when I am not there in the car, something unseen might be there in the car, reading the 99 names of Allah off the decoration.

Who knows? Only Allah knows.
                              well if your intention of putting it there is for decor then it shouldnt be a problem and on top of that you are RECITING from it so ur not sitting there looking at it thinking, "ok keep me safe from all things evil" ,u are reciting,this is very important.

Well Done Baby Paw,keep it up.

Comment

Enough Faith in Allah defeats everything the world can muster against you, even death.

The world of evil and idiols is no place for the people of God. There comes a time when we must put away such childish things and mature in the Light of God.

Peace.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X