Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What does Islam say about slavery?

Originally posted by King1234 View Post
    You still havent replied to what I have posted, why does Allah state in the quran to free slaves. Why does Allah tell us that freeing slaves is a good deed?
    i asked first.
    You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
      i asked first.
      Quran 24:31 read it in arabic if you know the language. You will have your answer

Comment

Quran 24:31 read it in arabic if you know the language. You will have your answer
        no it doesn't say anything about legs
        You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

Comment

[MENTION=135611]King1234[/MENTION]

Be careful when you are talking about the deen of Allah this way.

The freeing of a slave is recommended after the slave has done his part, that is converting to Islam, praying and after that, it is recommended but not obligatory to free them.

What you say however is that slavery was banned which it was not, it was practiced during the whole life of Muhammad :saw: as well as his companions and was practiced all the way until year 1900 until it finally got banned in saudi arabia after pressure from the west.

Does this seem like "islam came to abolish slavery"? You just have to use your brain to actually know that is false, if it came to abolish slavery, don't you think slavery would be abolished before 1300 years later? -__-

I use this as an example because you dont accept ahadith but just using your brain shows that your way of thinking is wrong.
          Last edited by Blackbeard; 21-01-16, 11:39 PM.
          "There will never cease to remain a group from my Ummah fighting upon the command of Allah, subjugating their enemies. They are not harmed by those who oppose them, until the Hour arrives".

Comment

You still havent replied to what I have posted, why does Allah state in the quran to free slaves. Why does Allah tell us that freeing slaves is a good deed?
            ok since you can't answer my question anyway

your question itself proves that slavery is permissible

Comment

ok since you can't answer my question anyway

your question itself proves that slavery is permissible
              Akhi he brings some valid points that needs to be explained to him.

He asks why Islam encourages the freeing of a slave which is true. He just does not know the ruling behind this and when this takes place and what stage the freeing is recommended at.

If he takes the verses and reads the tafsir on them, it's clear as day.
              "There will never cease to remain a group from my Ummah fighting upon the command of Allah, subjugating their enemies. They are not harmed by those who oppose them, until the Hour arrives".

Comment

I didnt say i didnt accept ahadith. I said haram and halal is only in the quran, ahadith teach us how to live a better life but anyways. It doesnt matter anymore believe what you want and i will believe what i want because none of us are going to have slaves any time soon so its a dead topic.

Comment

I didnt say i didnt accept ahadith. I said haram and halal is only in the quran, ahadith teach us how to live a better life but anyways. It doesnt matter anymore believe what you want and i will believe what i want because none of us are going to have slaves any time soon so its a dead topic.
                  show me in the quran that you can't eat donkey meat

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
                    Akhi he brings some valid points that needs to be explained to him.

He asks why Islam encourages the freeing of a slave which is true. He just does not know the ruling behind this and when this takes place and what stage the freeing is recommended at.

If he takes the verses and reads the tafsir on them, it's clear as day.
                    yes but he has elements of quranism in him

it doesn't matter whether we refute them or not, he has much bigger issues

i am trying to show him the importance of ahadith and athar

Comment

^^^

does this mean you can also eat cats? dogs? since its not written in the quran I believe.

Comment

if quran says free slaves and this is a good deed, this assumes that a person has slaves in the first place, i.e slavery is permissible

if slavery wasn't permissible allah wouldn't say freeing slaves is a good deed, he would say keeping slaves is haraam and it's obligatory to release them

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
                          ^^^

does this mean you can also eat cats? dogs? since its not written in the quran I believe.
                          donkey is prohibited in hadith

and animals with canine teeth

so cat and dog meat is not permissible

Comment

You have done exactly what the Prophet :saw: feared some would do

“I do not want to find any one of you reclining on his pillow, and when he hears of something that I have commanded or forbidden, he says, ‘Between us and you there stands this Quran, whatever we find is permissible in it we will take as permissible, and whatever we find is forbidden in it we will take as forbidden.’ For I have been given the Book and something like it with it; it is like the Quran or more.”

Comment

if quran says free slaves and this is a good deed, this assumes that a person has slaves in the first place, i.e slavery is permissible

if slavery wasn't permissible allah wouldn't say freeing slaves is a good deed, he would say keeping slaves is haraam and it's obligatory to release them
                              Did you just hear yourself??? Read arabic history and you would know why god said freeing slaves is a good deed and not making it haram right away.

Comment

You have done exactly what the Prophet :saw: feared some would do

“I do not want to find any one of you reclining on his pillow, and when he hears of something that I have commanded or forbidden, he says, ‘Between us and you there stands this Quran, whatever we find is permissible in it we will take as permissible, and whatever we find is forbidden in it we will take as forbidden.’ For I have been given the Book and something like it with it; it is like the Quran or more.”
                                I have seen enough evidence in the quran where Allah says the quran is his only source of law. Saying anything is like the quran or more is very sad to hear from a muslim. Im sorry but I will always believe the words of god above any man. Just alot of ahadith are proved to be sahih doesnt make them all 100% sahih. Since again in the quran Allah said he will protect the quran,didnt see anything about protecting the ahadith. And there have been alot of weak hadith too and made up hadith throughout history. So as a muslim im not taking the risk of fully believing in something that was man made and there is a possibility of it having errors. If you guys are going to joke about eating cats and dogs not being mentioned, please read the quran go to the ayat that are about halal and haram food and you will understand,i will not do your research for you.

Now its feels like people forgot the quran and only get their info from ahadith. Reminds me of how christianity started but good luck.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X