Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What does Islam say about slavery?

Originally posted by King1234 View Post
    Look from my understanding the Quran does mention the existence of slaves and how to treat them. But that is because before the revelation most of the arabs had slaves. However if you look at certain ayat such as 4:92, 5:89, 58:3 Allah advocates the freeing of slaves. Read them in arabic or english and I didnt find anything that says we should have slaves or we are to obtain slaves or we are to be rewarded for having slaves.
    How about my question?
    You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
      How about my question?
      Nothing specificaly in the quran says women should cover their legs but if you read 33:59 and 24:31 its gives women an idea on how to dress.

Comment

Nothing specificaly in the quran says women should cover their legs but if you read 33:59 and 24:31 its gives women an idea on how to dress.
        what idea?

O Prophet, tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to bring down over themselves [part] of their outer garments. That is more suitable that they will be known and not be abused. And ever is Allah Forgiving and Merciful.

And tell the believing women to reduce [some] of their vision and guard their private parts and not expose their adornment except that which [necessarily] appears thereof and to wrap [a portion of] their headcovers over their chests and not expose their adornment except to their husbands, their fathers, their husbands' fathers, their sons, their husbands' sons, their brothers, their brothers' sons, their sisters' sons, their women, that which their right hands possess, or those male attendants having no physical desire, or children who are not yet aware of the private aspects of women. And let them not stamp their feet to make known what they conceal of their adornment. And turn to Allah in repentance, all of you, O believers, that you might succeed.

see, you yourself have admitted the quran is not enough. well it is, but we need the correct understanding to avoid false understandings.

there is no way you can refute me if i said the quran doesn't command women to cover their legs...unless you used narrations.
        You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

Comment

what idea?

O Prophet, tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to bring down over themselves [part] of their outer garments. That is more suitable that they will be known and not be abused. And ever is Allah Forgiving and Merciful.

And tell the believing women to reduce [some] of their vision and guard their private parts and not expose their adornment except that which [necessarily] appears thereof and to wrap [a portion of] their headcovers over their chests and not expose their adornment except to their husbands, their fathers, their husbands' fathers, their sons, their husbands' sons, their brothers, their brothers' sons, their sisters' sons, their women, that which their right hands possess, or those male attendants having no physical desire, or children who are not yet aware of the private aspects of women. And let them not stamp their feet to make known what they conceal of their adornment. And turn to Allah in repentance, all of you, O believers, that you might succeed.

see, you yourself have admitted the quran is not enough. well it is, but we need the correct understanding to avoid false understandings.

there is no way you can refute me if i said the quran doesn't command women to cover their legs...unless you used narrations.
          The Quran is complete, no such thing as saying it is not enough. From these ayat we can see that Allah tells women to dress moderately, this can change from different culture in different times. However, headcover, covering the chest, private parts and adornments or anything that would make a man desire her sexually unless infront of certain people. Its very clear. in saudi arabia if a woman wore pants men would go crazy over her, however if a womam wore the same pants in canada, men wouldnt even look at her. Its about using our brains, if a woman wears yoga pants, shes doing it so men would look at her but if a woman wears abaya or loose pants she is doing it not to attract mens attention. I think anyone with a clear concience and a goodwill, will understand how to dress.

Comment

Allah has mentioned several times in the Quran that it is complete and fully detailed. And it is the only source of God's laws on earth, so saying its not enough that means you have not understood it well enough so you seek other sources for guidance. Im sorry if i sound rude, but i didnt know how to say it in any other way

Comment

Aside the islamqa.com answer one of the brothers posted all I know is that...

In islam if a person has a slave then they must treat him/her kindly...food clothes ect..and not over burden them...

I once thought a slave woman had as much rights as a wife in islam so I asked a shaykh...

He said a wife has more rights than a slave woman...

Also theres a hadith about those who get double reward that if a man has a slave woman and he teaches her deen and then frees her and marries her he gets alot of reward for that..

Comment

Allah has mentioned several times in the Quran that it is complete and fully detailed. And it is the only source of God's laws on earth, so saying its not enough that means you have not understood it well enough so you seek other sources for guidance. Im sorry if i sound rude, but i didnt know how to say it in any other way
                So show me slavery is prohibited in the Quran, since it's complete and fully detailed.

Comment

So show me slavery is prohibited in the Quran, since it's complete and fully detailed.
                  Thats the thing, its not prohibited. However Allah advocates the freeing of slaves as I have mentioned in my earlier posts from references in the quran. However if you do have any slaves either due to war or inheritance or wtvr reason treat them fairly and be kind to them. And also the quran doesnt state that we should all get ourselves some slaves. If it was such a great thing as stated in hadith then why does Allah want us to free them? Isnt islam all about equality between humans, the only difference what we believe in. Then how can we have slaves who are considered less than their masters.

Comment

The Quran is complete, no such thing as saying it is not enough. From these ayat we can see that Allah tells women to dress moderately, this can change from different culture in different times. However, headcover, covering the chest, private parts and adornments or anything that would make a man desire her sexually unless infront of certain people. Its very clear. in saudi arabia if a woman wore pants men would go crazy over her, however if a womam wore the same pants in canada, men wouldnt even look at her. Its about using our brains, if a woman wears yoga pants, shes doing it so men would look at her but if a woman wears abaya or loose pants she is doing it not to attract mens attention. I think anyone with a clear concience and a goodwill, will understand how to dress.
                    This is all pure conjecture. There's no way you could refute me if I said 'except that which appears thereof' includes legs.

There is only one way to refute me - narrations which explain this portion of the Qur'an.

Comment

If its allowed i would gladly love to make you my slave and we will see how you will feel about it then. The thing is telling people that such a practice is allowed in islam without hard evidence gives out a negative message

Comment

If its allowed i would gladly love to make you my slave and we will see how you will feel about it then. The thing is telling people that such a practice is allowed in islam without hard evidence gives out a negative message
                        We don't pass rulings to please the kuffaar.

We don't sugarcoat things.

Comment

We don't pass rulings to please the kuffaar.

We don't sugarcoat things.
                          Its not about pleasing anyone, its about sending the right message to kuffars and young muslims so they wont hate our religion based on statements that have no hard evidence in the book we believe in.

Comment

This is all pure conjecture. There's no way you could refute me if I said 'except that which appears thereof' includes legs.

There is only one way to refute me - narrations which explain this portion of the Qur'an.
                            [MENTION=135611]King1234[/MENTION]

Comment

Originally posted by hassan246 View Post
                              Black people were enslaved in America by the Whites for 400 years. Never knew the Muslims did the same thing. It kept going on till mid 20th century in the Arab world. Thoughts?
                              Slavery still exists in basically every country in the world today. In fact, there are more slaves today than at ANY OTHER POINT in human history, so if you want something to worry about, worry about that. Not just what Islam's views are on it.
                              Here are the 2014 stats. (2015 hasn't been released yet): http://www.globalslaveryindex.org/findings/

Comment

[MENTION=135611]King1234[/MENTION]
                                You still havent replied to what I have posted, why does Allah state in the quran to free slaves. Why does Allah tell us that freeing slaves is a good deed?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X