What does Islam say about slavery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does Islam say about slavery?

Black people were enslaved in America by the Whites for 400 years. Never knew the Muslims did the same thing. It kept going on till mid 20th century in the Arab world. Thoughts?

Re: What does Islam say about slavery?

Originally posted by hassan246 View Post
    Black people were enslaved in America by the Whites for 400 years. Never knew the Muslims did the same thing. It kept going on till mid 20th century in the Arab world. Thoughts?
    Slavery banned in Islam. Just because it was in the Arab world doesnt meant its correct. Just like we have a bunch of terrorists running around who claim to be part of islam, doesnt mean its correct.

Comment

Slavery is only allowed on war prisoners. You can't enslave people by kidnapping them unlike the american practice. And this was common practice before Islam came, so instead of stopping it outright Islam brought rules and guidelines on slavery which allows to eradicate slavery eventually. You have to feed and cloth your slave the same as you do, can't overwork them, can't beat them.

Imagine a scenario - muslims won a war, all the men of the enemy are killed, muslims leaves the women and children as they were. Do you know what would happen? Beduins would capture the women and children and rape them and then sell them to people who would most probably treat them horrible. It was common to force slave women into prostitution back then, and they had to work all day for no money, little food and rags as cloths.

https://islamqa.info/en/94840
      Winning an argument doesn't mean you're on truth, losing an argument doesn't mean you're on falsehood.

Comment

Originally posted by hassan246 View Post
        You have to sepeartae Arab from Islam.. not everything Arabs do stems from Islam..

The texts of Islam took a strong stance against this. It says in a hadeeth qudsi: “Allaah, may He be exalted, said: ‘There are three whose opponent I will be on the Day of Resurrection, and whomever I oppose, I will defeat … A man who sold a free man and consumed his price.’” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (2227).

i suggest reading this https://islamqa.info/en/94840
        youth before your old age, your health before your sickness, your wealth before your poverty, your free time before you are preoccupied, and your life before your deathhttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgE...kS-Qi3nf3tcvPw

Comment

Originally posted by King1234 View Post
          Slavery banned in Islam. Just because it was in the Arab world doesnt meant its correct. Just like we have a bunch of terrorists running around who claim to be part of islam, doesnt mean its correct.
          It's not banned.

Don't talk without knowledge, the sahaba and all the prophets and our prophet :saw: had slaves and engaged in slave trading. It's the sunnah of Ibraheem a.s.
          "There will never cease to remain a group from my Ummah fighting upon the command of Allah, subjugating their enemies. They are not harmed by those who oppose them, until the Hour arrives".

Comment

wut i just i dont even
            You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
              It's not banned.

Don't talk without knowledge, the sahaba and all the prophets and our prophet :saw: had slaves and engaged in slave trading. It's the sunnah of Ibraheem a.s.
              Well plz share suras from the quran that says slavery is permitted. And dont get me any hadith, i would like the reference to be from the Quran.

Comment

Well plz share suras from the quran that says slavery is permitted. And dont get me any hadith, i would like the reference to be from the Quran.
                lol
                You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

Comment

Oh no, not again.

Comment

[MENTION=135611]King1234[/MENTION]

a verse from the quran for a quranist

Except from their wives or those their right hands possess, for indeed, they will not be blamed -

23-6

Comment

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
                      [MENTION=135611]King1234[/MENTION]

a verse from the quran for a quranist

Except from their wives or those their right hands possess, for indeed, they will not be blamed -

23-6
                      Im not a quranist, but i believe whatever is halal or haram is only mentioned in the quran, anything else is not relevant. I believe in hadith as it shows alot about the way of life of the prophet muhammad pbuh. But that ayat doesnt really state that slavery is permitted. When god talks about what is halal and what is haram he clearly shows every detail and explains it well.

Comment

Im not a quranist, but i believe whatever is halal or haram is only mentioned in the quran, anything else is not relevant. I believe in hadith as it shows alot about the way of life of the prophet muhammad pbuh. But that ayat doesnt really state that slavery is permitted. When god talks about what is halal and what is haram he clearly shows every detail and explains it well.
                        Is it permissible for a muslimah to expose her legs in public, na'oothu billah?

Comment

Is it permissible for a muslimah to expose her legs in public, na'oothu billah?
                          We will get to that later but instead of going off topic, show me where in the quran Allah permitted slavery. I really dont remember, I just want evidence. But i can do my own research and come back here, maybe im wrong but evidence is needed when claiming such an extreme matter is permitted.

Comment

We will get to that later but instead of going off topic,
                            show me where in the quran Allah permitted slavery. I really dont remember, I just want evidence.
                            that's exactly what i am trying to do so, so just answer my question.

Comment

that's exactly what i am trying to do so, so just answer my question.
                              Look from my understanding the Quran does mention the existence of slaves and how to treat them. But that is because before the revelation most of the arabs had slaves. However if you look at certain ayat such as 4:92, 5:89, 58:3 Allah advocates the freeing of slaves. Read them in arabic or english and I didnt find anything that says we should have slaves or we are to obtain slaves or we are to be rewarded for having slaves.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X