Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it true that it is haram to be friends with non Muslims?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i.carrim
    replied
    Re: Is it true that it is haram to be friends with non Muslims?

Haram to be friends with non Muslims is very serious.It is therefore haram to have any business dealings with them- in Europe, America,Australia,half of Asia and Africa.No buying,no selling and hence rejecting their products altogether.Business is only one domain.

Leave a comment:

• Khan8
    replied

Yes it is Haraam.

Leave a comment:

• .mirror.
    replied

Originally posted by R123 View Post
    Its only not allowed if you consider their trust and viewpoints above Islam. Otherwise its fine..
    It's more than that.

Leave a comment:

• R123
    replied

Originally posted by Saarah167 View Post
    I go to a public school in England, and there are no other Muslims in my year. As for my community, the rest of the muslim girls in my town, are not good in character, and I'm not talking about not praying etc. but gossiping and backbiting (usually aimed at me). So all my real friends are non muslim. But I saw on one site that they said it is haram?!?! If it was I don't what I would do. Just be a loner I guess :(

Its only not allowed if you consider their trust and viewpoints above Islam. Otherwise its fine.

Friends is good to have. Trust me, being a loner is not fun... it gets very lonely.

Leave a comment:

• niqaabi_nusrat
    replied

:salams

Be very careful about keeping any non-Muslim friends as there are risks, but by all means be polite and kind to them and take every opportunity to tell them about Islam. Try to represent Islam well through your behaviour towards them but be please be wary of becoming close to them due to the danger of drifting towards their ways. In our family our kids are forbidden from having close non-Muslim friends for this reason, but are always required to be kind and may invite them to our house for dawah. Always remember that every non-Muslim is a potential revert - speaking as a revert myself!

Leave a comment:

• MuslimLawyer
    replied

There is nothing wrong with having non-muslim friends....anyone who says otherwise is deluded

~ML~

Leave a comment:

• Gingerbeardman
    replied

Originally posted by i.carrim View Post
    As a universal religion preaching peace and tolerance to the world,the majority of whose inhabitants are non Muslims,how can it be haram to have a civilised relationship with them ?Islam ,being a religion of logic,is far away from this type of stand..
    it's not, it's encouraged to show good conduct to the kuffar, however what is forbidden is taking them as close friends, those you trust and ally with.

Leave a comment:

• i.carrim
    replied

As a universal religion preaching peace and tolerance to the world,the majority of whose inhabitants are non Muslims,how can it be haram to have a civilised relationship with them ?Islam ,being a religion of logic,is far away from this type of stand..

Leave a comment:

• .mirror.
    replied

:salams

The Fiqh of Muslim Non-Muslim Interaction: A Detailed Explanation

Leave a comment:

• Is it true that it is haram to be friends with non Muslims?

I go to a public school in England, and there are no other Muslims in my year. As for my community, the rest of the muslim girls in my town, are not good in character, and I'm not talking about not praying etc. but gossiping and backbiting (usually aimed at me). So all my real friends are non muslim. But I saw on one site that they said it is haram?!?! If it was I don't what I would do. Just be a loner I guess :(

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X