Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple Cider Vinegar

Salaam,

Apple Cider Vinegar is known to have many uses and health benefits.

My understanding from research and reading is that if it is made from Apple Juice, it is perfectly permissble to use. If it is made from Apple Cider itself then it may be doubtful / impermissble.

Please can someone confirm if this is correct or the different range of opinions surrounding this.

Thanks.

Re: Apple Cider Vinegar

according to muslimconsumergroup it is halal if made in US or Canada (I think because it is made from juice here not from an alcoholic beverage)
    apple juice here in the US should be kosher because sometimes pig ingredients are used in processing
    yes you will find differences of opinion on the issue regarding whether or not vinegar made from wine, etc is halal
    http://www.muslimconsumergroup.com/question_answer.php put apple cider in the question bar and hit search

Comment

Bragg Apple cider Vinegar with the mother..

Highly recommended. Top quality, but is VERY strong. Not for the light hearted..at all!

Don't say you weren't warned!
      وَإِذَا قِيلَ لَهُمۡ ءَامِنُواْ كَمَآ ءَامَنَ ٱلنَّاسُ قَالُوٓاْ أَنُؤۡمِنُ كَمَآ ءَامَنَ ٱلسُّفَهَآءُ*ۗ أَلَآ إِنَّهُمۡ هُمُ ٱلسُّفَهَآءُ وَلَـٰكِن لَّا يَعۡلَمُونَ

And when it is said unto them: believe as the people believe, they say: Shall we believe as the foolish believe? Beware! They indeed are the foolish? But they know not.
      Al Baqarah : Verse 13

Comment

:wswrwb:

Taking vinegar is from the sunnah and yes its very good for a number of things.

Buy the one with the mother, organic, unrefined.

Its easier to consume when diluted with water
        وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Originally posted by i.badat View Post

Highly recommended. Top quality, but is VERY strong. Not for the light hearted..at all!

funny that you mentioned Bragg. I just picked it up yesterday for $5.89 (32 oz). at the local shop. I was searching for it all week online and its double the price or more. in any case, i took it by the spoonful...very strong. in fact Bragg even recommends to dilute instead of taking directly.

https://bragg.com/products/acvFAQ.html
          لآ اِلَهَ اِلّا اللّهُ مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُوُل اللّهِ

Comment

Originally posted by Zareena2015 View Post
            according to muslimconsumergroup it is halal if made in US or Canada (I think because it is made from juice here not from an alcoholic beverage)
            apple juice here in the US should be kosher because sometimes pig ingredients are used in processing
            yes you will find differences of opinion on the issue regarding whether or not vinegar made from wine, etc is halal
            http://www.muslimconsumergroup.com/question_answer.php put apple cider in the question bar and hit search
            Originally posted by i.badat View Post

Originally posted by Jenicca View Post
            :wswrwb:

Taking vinegar is from the sunnah and yes its very good for a number of things.

Buy the one with the mother, organic, unrefined.

Its easier to consume when diluted with water
            Originally posted by Aloo View Post
            funny that you mentioned Bragg. I just picked it up yesterday for $5.89 (32 oz). at the local shop. I was searching for it all week online and its double the price or more. in any case, i took it by the spoonful...very strong. in fact Bragg even recommends to dilute instead of taking directly.

https://bragg.com/products/acvFAQ.html
            Jazakallah khair all for your replies.

The one I have is organic, raw and with the "mother", whatever that means. I wrote to them to confirm it was made from apple juice, and this is what they replied. Now I am all confused. Please can someone confirm if this is ok to use:

"Thank you for your email.

In regards to your query our Raw Health Apple Cider Vinegar is made using the following steps:

1. Fresh apples are pressed to make apple juice
            2. This apple juice is fermented to make apple wine
            3. The apple wine is then fermented to make the final vinegar

The fermentation process from organic apple wine to organic apple cider takes approximately 20-24 hours, and due to the continuous fermentation the final vinegar does contain a very small amount of alcohol. This alcohol content is below 0.2% and is within the vinegar regulation guidelines."

Comment

Originally posted by SimpleTraveller View Post
              Jazakallah khair all for your replies.

The one I have is organic, raw and with the "mother", whatever that means. I wrote to them to confirm it was made from apple juice, and this is what they replied. Now I am all confused. Please can someone confirm if this is ok to use:

"Thank you for your email.

In regards to your query our Raw Health Apple Cider Vinegar is made using the following steps:

1. Fresh apples are pressed to make apple juice
              2. This apple juice is fermented to make apple wine
              3. The apple wine is then fermented to make the final vinegar

The fermentation process from organic apple wine to organic apple cider takes approximately 20-24 hours, and due to the continuous fermentation the final vinegar does contain a very small amount of alcohol. This alcohol content is below 0.2% and is within the vinegar regulation guidelines."

Bragg is kosher and doesn't contain alcohol.

http://bragg.com/blog/index.php/all-...mbucha-drinks/

from their website, MOTHER is described as:

The mother is the dark, cloudy substance in the ACV formed from naturally occurring pectin and apple residues - it appears as molecules of protein connected in strand-like chains. The presence of the mother shows that the best part of the apple has not been destroyed. Vinegars containing the mother contain enzymes and minerals that other vinegars may not contain due to overprocessing, filtration and overheating.

The mother is the most nutritious part of the Apple Cider Vinegar and is very beneficial to digest. Often the ‘mother’ settles to the bottom of the bottle. We recommend shaking the bottle lightly to distribute the ‘mother’ before dispensing
              لآ اِلَهَ اِلّا اللّهُ مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُوُل اللّهِ

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
              X