X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Should I be thinking of a career?

Originally posted by Creamcake View Post
    Wa Alaykumussalam

you don't need to worry about the career, just concentrate on enjoying your degree, sis.

You can think of that when you've completed it, unless you specifically want to go into something, whereby experience and all would be useful, and you could start collecting a little bit of experience. That's the exception, if you've not got a set career goal/s, then don't worry about it, yet. Especially like you said, if you've got a while left of your degree.

Plus this is where the rich doctor comes into the picture lol j/k.
    :jkk:
    And strive because the sweetness of life lies in the struggle - Imam al-Shafi'i

Comment

Wouldn't it make more sense to speak to a careers advisor at your uni ....rather than UF :scratch:

Comment

Originally posted by MyUsernameIs... View Post
        Wouldn't it make more sense to speak to a careers advisor at your uni ....rather than UF :scratch:
        leave me alone lol :(

Comment

Originally posted by Strive View Post
          leave me alone lol :(
          STRIIIIIVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYY *sigh of relief*
          ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
          "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
          :love: [Al-Imran 3:159] :love:

Comment

Originally posted by RaNdOm View Post
            STRIIIIIVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYY *sigh of relief*
            Arghhh man i have to spread so much rep before i can rep you
            I'm trying, i'm trying

Comment

Originally posted by Strive View Post
              Arghhh man i have to spread so much rep before i can rep you
              I'm trying, i'm trying
              loll

i'm just glad you're back :D
              "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."

Comment

i mean pssshhh *sniffs and pushes finger under nose* u aite... didn't notice u were gone

Comment

loll

i'm just glad you're back :D
                  :o

Comment

i mean pssshhh *sniffs and pushes finger under nose* u aite... didn't notice u were gone
                    Just when i started to feel emotional

Comment

I think a purpose to a degree is a good thing. After all, it is a lot of time, effort and money to have invested
                      So I don't personally look at degrees as time passing, for me there was an objective to the end of it
                      I assume your course is not vocational i.e. does not lead to a definitive job/qualification on completion?
                      I would definitely start looking in to what you can do afterward. You don't have to stress or worry about it too much, just have it in mind

Comment

Originally posted by Nawar View Post
                        I think a purpose to a degree is a good thing. After all, it is a lot of time, effort and money to have invested
                        So I don't personally look at degrees as time passing, for me there was an objective to the end of it
                        I assume your course is not vocational i.e. does not lead to a definitive job/qualification on completion?
                        I would definitely start looking in to what you can do afterward. You don't have to stress or worry about it too much, just have it in mind
                        Yeah it's not vocational. Tbh i'm just taking it a day at a time, seeing how things go.

Comment

MashaAllah sis I wish you all the best.I would say don't think about your career as of yet just work hard and put your trust in Allah. Who knows what might happen in few years time,perhaps you will get married soon and not care about studying or maybe you find something which is more interested. Allah knows best where you will end up so why should you worry about career choice . since year 7 teachers have been nagging us to think about a career,I went from wanting to be a police officer ,to fashion designer, chef ,hotel owner,business woman,to a nurse then a psychologist . so we never know.....
                          Ya Allah,
                          Make me a stronger person today. Make me a better person out of all these. It is no longer bearable for me for my heart is aching and You are the only One who knows how I feel. Nothing is making sense to myself and for anyone else for that matter especially to the one person I wish to understand me better than anybody else.
                          "Don't use the sharpness of your tongue on the mother who taught you how to speak

Comment

Originally posted by patient believer View Post
                            MashaAllah sis I wish you all the best.I would say don't think about your career as of yet just work hard and put your trust in Allah. Who knows what might happen in few years time,perhaps you will get married soon and not care about studying or maybe you find something which is more interested. Allah knows best where you will end up so why should you worry about career choice . since year 7 teachers have been nagging us to think about a career,I went from wanting to be a police officer ,to fashion designer, chef ,hotel owner,business woman,to a nurse then a psychologist . so we never know.....
                            So true :jkk:, wise words lil sis.

Comment

Originally posted by MyUsernameIs... View Post
                              Because she knows there's users like me who would give a far better advice.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X