Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I be thinking of a career?

:salams

So I'm studying atm (don't know how long that will last lol!) anyways peeps keep asking me so what you planning to do with your course after you finish, like what career . I just started it practically as well and tbh i don't even know and i'm thinking like should i know
    LIKE BASICALLY SHOULD I PREPARE FOR THE FUTURE, WHAT CAREER I'M GONNA HAVE, HOW I'M GONNA SUPPORT MYSELF.
    times are hard out there

:1peace:
    And strive because the sweetness of life lies in the struggle - Imam al-Shafi'i

Re: Should I be thinking of a career?

knew i should have put this in the lounge, ain't nobody come here

Comment

i'm sure a rich old arab man will solve the future problems but for now i say just enjoy what you are studying and don't make it about career or work. do it coz STRIVE wants to and she enjoys it

my little bro recently started asking me these questions, like "so you studied xyz what do you want to do with it? what career?" told him to do one

"myself" can be a sufficient reason

لا تفكر كثيرا
      بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
      The children need your prayers more than anyone else
      www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by F_R View Post
        i'm sure a rich old arab man will solve the future problems but for now i say just enjoy what you are studying and don't make it about career or work. do it coz STRIVE wants to and she enjoys it
        thanks i'll carry on as i am
        but rich old arab

Comment

:wswrwb:

I'm here for you babes.

If you plan on working in this field after you finish your studies then it would only be logical to think about what you want to do with it... didn't you choose it for a reason? Or was it purely based on the fact you liked the course and that's it?

You don't have to figure it out right now as you just started, but probably at some point in the future when you're finishing your studies, there's nothing wrong with having that end goal but it can change too.

Comment

Originally posted by bintmydad View Post
            :wswrwb:

I'm here for you babes.

If you plan on working in this field after you finish your studies then it would only be logical to think about what you want to do with it... didn't you choose it for a reason? Or was it purely based on the fact you liked the course and that's it?

You don't have to figure it out right now as you just started, but probably at some point in the future when you're finishing your studies, there's nothing wrong with having that end goal but it can change too.
            I like it, weren't thinking too far in the future :scratch: i'm more of a live each day as it comes kinda person

yeah hopefully when I finish i'll be raising kids by then in shaa Allah.

Comment

Originally posted by Strive View Post
              thanks i'll carry on as i am
              but rich old arab
              ya.....lol sorri i was just messing about, excuse me please

لا تفكر كثيرا
              بل استغفر كثيرا

The children need your prayers more than anyone else
              www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

Muslim women are lucky. They don't have to worry too much about their careers and just hope their future husband is rich or has a job with good income.

Comment

Originally posted by Romero123 View Post
                  Muslim women are lucky. They don't have to worry too much about their careers and just hope their future husband is rich or has a job with good income.
                  Life ain't that easy bro

Comment

I think the best thing to do is just puck something that will benefit your future. Like, you don't really need to think about "eBay career shall I do after " if you pick wit an intended outcome. Defo though avoid those Disney degrees. Generally the good degrees and areas of studies for sisters are those related to health (and kitchen) like nursing, midwifery etc. Even if you do not want a career out of these you can go back to your gone village where you was born and really help them with your new skills.
                    Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.

Comment

I picked a career with little tuition fees and that let's me work for myself so I can just kind of "quit" when I get married or resume working if my hubby needs money after I get married. Maybe a career like that would be beneficial?

Comment

Originally posted by InTheBegining View Post
                        I think the best thing to do is just puck something that will benefit your future. Like, you don't really need to think about "eBay career shall I do after " if you pick wit an intended outcome. Defo though avoid those Disney degrees. Generally the good degrees and areas of studies for sisters are those related to health (and kitchen) like nursing, midwifery etc. Even if you do not want a career out of these you can go back to your gone village where you was born and really help them with your new skills.
                        why is that?

Comment

Originally posted by SofiaG View Post
                          I picked a career with little tuition fees and that let's me work for myself so I can just kind of "quit" when I get married or resume working if my hubby needs money after I get married. Maybe a career like that would be beneficial?
                          what career is that? I wanna work for myself lol

Comment

[MENTION=73427]Strive[/MENTION]

What degree are you doing sister?
                            Thee do we worship, and Thine aid we seek.

Comment

Originally posted by Strive View Post
                              why is that?
                              Lol so many brothers say those are the 'good' areas for sisters. They do not know the heavily difficult hours involved and the on-call though. I do admire sisters going into this field but honestly there needs to be more openmindedness about what is good for sisters and what is not.

However sisters that studied things like accounting, finance, curriculum instruction or economics can find jobs with flexible hours or work from home (online).
                              Thee do we worship, and Thine aid we seek.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X