Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is wudu necessary after non-obligatory ghusl?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Is wudu necessary after non-obligatory ghusl?

    Do I need to do wudu after a non-obligatory shower if I rinse the mouth and clean the nostrils?
    Winning an argument doesn't mean you're on truth, losing an argument doesn't mean you're on falsehood.

  • #2
    Re: Is wudu necessary after non-obligatory ghusl?

    As long as the parts for wudhu have all been washed then it's fine.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Is wudu necessary after non-obligatory ghusl?

      :salams:

      Yes you have to do wudu after shower or even ghusl if you aren't in a state of wudu...and just taking a shower doesn't equal wudu even if you did ghusl you have to do wudu because the sunnah of wudu is done whilst being covered. Therefore you shouldn't do wudu in showers or ghusl and wudu since most madhhabs thinks it's not valid and there's more steps to wudu than rinsing mouth etc
      ---

      Question: Can wudhu be performed when naked? For example, when taking a shower, can the intention of wudhu be made?

      Answer: In the Name of Allah, the Benevolent, the Merciful

      Walaikum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

      I pray this finds you in the best of health and spirits.

      The sunna is to be covered when performing wudu’, and to avoid uncovering except when there is need–and to limit the uncovering to the extent of the need, both in duration and extent. [Tahtawi/Shurunbulali, Hashiyat Maraqi al-Falah; Ibn `Abidin, Radd al-Muhtar]

      The Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) expressed this beautifully by saying, “Allah is more deserving of one’s shyness than people are,” when asked about uncovering when alone. [Tirmidhi, Abu Dawud, Nasa’i, and Ibn Majah]

      This is also true for the wudu’ that is sunna to perform before the ritual bath (ghusl). It is best and most proper to make this wudu’ before uncovering for the bath or shower itself.

      http://islamqa.org/hanafi/seekersguidance-hanafi/32517

      http://islamqa.org/shafii/qibla-shafii/33807

      Read both fatwas and this is a great site for reliable fatwas as its from madhhabs and reputable scholars
      Last edited by Qiyamah; 09-01-16, 12:52 PM.

      They will say, "Had we but listened or used our intelligence, we would not be among the companions of the Blazing Fire." Qur'an 67:10 💚💙💜

      Comment


      • #4
        Is wudu necessary after non-obligatory ghusl?

        Just do whudhu in non obligatory ghusl in sha allah if u still wanna be in a state of purity after it (like obligatory ghusl)
        The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said: “It will be said to the companion of the Qur’an: ‘Read, and ascend, and recite as you used to recite in the [previous] world, for your status will be according to the last verse that you recite.’” [At-Tirmidhi (2914) and Abu Dawood (1464)]

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Is wudu necessary after non-obligatory ghusl?

          After making ghusl is it still necessary to make wudu before performing Salat?
          Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

          "A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
          - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Is wudu necessary after non-obligatory ghusl?

            Originally posted by Qiyamah View Post
            :salams:

            Yes you have to do wudu after shower or even ghusl if you aren't in a state of wudu...and just taking a shower doesn't equal wudu even if you did ghusl you have to do wudu because the sunnah of wudu is done whilst being covered. Therefore you shouldn't do wudu in showers or ghusl and wudu since most madhhabs thinks it's not valid and there's more steps to wudu than rinsing mouth etc
            ---
            :salams

            They don't say it's invalid sister.

            It's still valid and you can perform wudhu when showering/ghusl, they just recommend you should avoid uncovering unnecessarily when making wudhu.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Is wudu necessary after non-obligatory ghusl?

              This is according to Hanafis.
              Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

              "A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
              - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Is wudu necessary after non-obligatory ghusl?

                Originally posted by Qiyamah View Post
                :salams:

                Yes you have to do wudu after shower or even ghusl if you aren't in a state of wudu...and just taking a shower doesn't equal wudu even if you did ghusl you have to do wudu because the sunnah of wudu is done whilst being covered. Therefore you shouldn't do wudu in showers or ghusl and wudu since most madhhabs thinks it's not valid and there's more steps to wudu than rinsing mouth etc
                ---

                Question: Can wudhu be performed when naked? For example, when taking a shower, can the intention of wudhu be made?

                Answer: In the Name of Allah, the Benevolent, the Merciful

                Walaikum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

                I pray this finds you in the best of health and spirits.

                The sunna is to be covered when performing wudu’, and to avoid uncovering except when there is need–and to limit the uncovering to the extent of the need, both in duration and extent. [Tahtawi/Shurunbulali, Hashiyat Maraqi al-Falah; Ibn `Abidin, Radd al-Muhtar]

                The Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) expressed this beautifully by saying, “Allah is more deserving of one’s shyness than people are,” when asked about uncovering when alone. [Tirmidhi, Abu Dawud, Nasa’i, and Ibn Majah]

                This is also true for the wudu’ that is sunna to perform before the ritual bath (ghusl). It is best and most proper to make this wudu’ before uncovering for the bath or shower itself.

                http://islamqa.org/hanafi/seekersguidance-hanafi/32517

                http://islamqa.org/shafii/qibla-shafii/33807

                Read both fatwas and this is a great site for reliable fatwas as its from madhhabs and reputable scholars
                Yes of course doing wudhu is sunnah, however I believe the brother asked is it obligatory to do it, and the answer is no.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Is wudu necessary after non-obligatory ghusl?

                  [MENTION=135406]Qiyamah[/MENTION] Most of the time I shower wearing the lower garment.

                  The thing is I read in some sites that only the fardh ghusl removes minor impurity.
                  Winning an argument doesn't mean you're on truth, losing an argument doesn't mean you're on falsehood.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Is wudu necessary after non-obligatory ghusl?

                    Originally posted by bhshawon View Post
                    [MENTION=135406]Qiyamah[/MENTION] Most of the time I shower wearing the lower garment.
                    The thing is I read in some sites that only the fardh ghusl removes minor impurity.
                    it's valid even if you do wudu while showering according to most scholars, I misread the fatwa but if you want to do wudu while showering you should also make the intention for that :)
                    Fardh ghusl removes the major impurities, it removes the state of impurity completely and if you are in a state of major impurity, you cannot pray without doing the ghusl.
                    It's wudu that removes minor impurities
                    Read this
                    http://www.questionsonislam.com/arti...husl-necessary
                    http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...husl-wudu.html



                    Originally posted by bintmydad View Post
                    :salams

                    They don't say it's invalid sister.

                    It's still valid and you can perform wudhu when showering/ghusl, they just recommend you should avoid uncovering unnecessarily when making wudhu.
                    :wswrwb:
                    Yes you are right I read wrong. :jkk: for correcting me
                    yeah it's better while covering but it's wrong of me to have said invalid and if I could edit I would

                    They will say, "Had we but listened or used our intelligence, we would not be among the companions of the Blazing Fire." Qur'an 67:10 💚💙💜

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Is wudu necessary after non-obligatory ghusl?

                      Originally posted by Qiyamah View Post
                      it's valid even if you do wudu while showering according to most scholars, I misread the fatwa but if you want to do wudu while showering you should also make the intention for that :)
                      Fardh ghusl removes the major impurities, it removes the state of impurity completely and if you are in a state of major impurity, you cannot pray without doing the ghusl.
                      It's wudu that removes minor impurities
                      Read this
                      http://www.questionsonislam.com/arti...husl-necessary
                      http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...husl-wudu.html
                      The thing is sister, I want to know if nafl ghusl also removes minor impurity if done with intention? I know that fardh ghusl removes both major and minor impurities.
                      Winning an argument doesn't mean you're on truth, losing an argument doesn't mean you're on falsehood.

                      Comment

                      Collapse

                      Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                      Working...
                      X