Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Niqab (Covering Face) is obligatory or Not ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Niqab (Covering Face) is obligatory or Not ?

Assalamu Alaykum. I have a question regarding the daleels for NOT wearing niqab (as refutations for the daleels supporting niqab). ie, what do those who say niqab is not wajib base their opinion on? & what do they think of the early scholars' opinions on the tafaseer as well as ahadith supporting the obligation to cover the face. If a husband asks the wife to wear niqab in the west, is she obliged to obey him and wear it? If she doesn't accept it, will Allah be disappointed with her?
    I have been searching for this & hope u can shed some light of some specific daleels (besides the daleel relating to fatima r.a.). your input is appreciated.

Learn Quran Online

Re: Niqab (Covering Face) is obligatory or Not ?

Wa Alaykumussalam

BUMP

Not sure myself, insha ' allah others can help further.
    And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
    [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

uh oh..
      Indeed we belong to Allah,
      and indeed to Him we will return.

Quran 2:156

Comment

I honestly don't know if it's required or not but all I know is that if husband asks her to wear it then she should. Since his request is not going against Islam..
        Indeed we belong to Allah,
        and indeed to Him we will return.

Quran 2:156

Comment

Originally posted by Quran classes View Post
          Assalamu Alaykum. I have a question regarding the daleels for NOT wearing niqab (as refutations for the daleels supporting niqab). ie, what do those who say niqab is not wajib base their opinion on? & what do they think of the early scholars' opinions on the tafaseer as well as ahadith supporting the obligation to cover the face. If a husband asks the wife to wear niqab in the west, is she obliged to obey him and wear it? If she doesn't accept it, will Allah be disappointed with her?
          I have been searching for this & hope u can shed some light of some specific daleels (besides the daleel relating to fatima r.a.). your input is appreciated.

Learn Quran Online
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_FvxdngfgY

Comment

Not obligatory
            The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

jazakAllah ul khyran

Comment

Its not sis, its even forbidden during hajj/umrah
                يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

We're not obliged to wear the full Niqab or any niqab for that matter.. Hijab must be worn by the age of 9.
                  However I know sisters who are sooo beautiful mashallah and wear it to cover their beauty from stares.. And there's also the few who lack that look and wear it to avoid mocking.. Or are not bothered.. I know a few who are sadly forced because their husbands are extreme and there's thise who wear it based on how commited they are to islam.. So many reasons but we're not obliged.
                  I love you, cherish you and worship you,
                  Guide me on your path to your janna,
                  Unite me beside you My King and all mighty,

:love:Allah:love:

Comment

Learn Quran Online
                    Assalamu Alaykum.
                    Wa alaykumussalam wa rahmatullah.

What do those who say niqab is not wajib base their opinion on?
                    They base their opinions on many ahadith; for example, there is a hadith in which the Prophet, peace be upon him, forbids a woman in the state of ihram to wear the niqab or wear gloves. If the face were part of a woman's awrah, they argue, the Prophet wouldn't have forbidden the niqab in Hajj. Likewise, there is a hadith in which the Prophet tells Asma' (I'm paraphrasing the hadith): "When a woman comes to age, nothing should be seen of her except this and this" and he pointed to his face and to the palms of his hands. Therefore, according to this view, the face and the hands are excepted from the awrah parts of a woman. There are also other ahadith which I will not go into.

What do they think of the early scholars' opinions on the tafaseer as well as ahadith supporting the obligation to cover the face.
                    There was a difference of opinion from early on. In matters in which there is a difference of opinion, we should respect all valid opinions; and avoid being judgemental.

In the Hanbali fiqh, covering the face is obligatory. In the Maliki school, most scholars would say that it is not. Within the Hanafi and Shafi'i schools, again there is a difference of opinion: some say it is obligatory to cover the face. Some say it is not.

If a husband asks the wife to wear niqab in the west, is she obliged to obey him and wear it? If she doesn't accept it, will Allah be disappointed with her?
                    I'm not sure about the last question. Most scholars hold that a woman has to obey her husband in all things; unless he asks her to do something haram.
                    Last edited by Siraj al-Din; 06-05-16, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Depends, do you want to follow Ibn Abbas :RA: who the Prophet :saw: specifically made dua for Allah to give him understanding of the Qur'aan's meaning or the opinion of the people on the internet?

If you want to follow Ibn Abbas, who knows the Qur'an better than any other companion, know that he said it's an obligation.

I feel the onus is on the people to prove that the niqab is something that is separate from the order of the hijaab. Not a single hadith to show that it's just a recommendation.

As for the claim that it's not permissible during hajj and umrah, this is a bit of a misconception here.

There is no report to suggest that the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) forbade the woman in ihram to cover her face, or that he (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) instructed them to uncover their faces.

Hence women in ihram at the time of the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) used to cover their faces with something other than the niqab when non-mahram men passed by them.

It was narrated that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allah be pleased with her) said: The riders used to pass us when we were with the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) in ihram. When they drew close to us, one of us would let down her jilbaab from her head over her face, and when they had passed us we would uncover it again.

The prohibition on women wearing the niqab and gloves means that they should not wear a separate garment that is made to fit the face and hands. It does not mean that they should not cover them at all.

This is similar to the ruling of the Messenger (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) forbidding the man in ihram to wear a chemise or pants. This does not mean that the man should remain naked; rather he should cover his body with the izaar (waist-wrapper or lower garments) and rida’ (upper garment).

Men are prohibited to wear garments that are made to fit the body, and they are instructed to cover their bodies with other kinds of garments. Similarly, women are prohibited to wear the niqab and gloves, but they should still cover their faces and hands with something else.

Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

The Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) did not prescribe for the woman to uncover her face in ihram or otherwise. Rather there are texts which prohibit the niqab in particular, just as it is prohibited to wear gloves, and it is prohibited to wear a chemise or pants. It is well-known that the fact that he prohibited wearing these things was not intended to mean that they should remain uncovered and not be covered at all. Rather the scholars are unanimously agreed that a man has to cover his body with the rida’ and izaar.

So how can the meaning of the text be exaggerated and taken to mean that it is prescribed for a woman to uncover her face in the midst of a huge crowd?

What text, interpretation, general meaning, and knowledge or interest would dictate that?

Rather the woman’s face is like the man’s body: it is prohibited to cover it with a separate piece of cloth that is made to fit it, such as the niqab or burqa‘. In fact, it is prohibited to cover it with a separate piece of cloth that is the size of the hand, like the gloves. As for covering the hand with the sleeve, and covering the face with the headcover or garment, that is not forbidden at all.

End quote from Badaa’i‘ al-Fawaa’id (2/664-665)
                      [SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"][FONT=Book Antiqua][CENTER][B][URL="http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?459504-Immensely-rewarding-dhikr!!!&highlight="]IMMENSELY REWARDING DHIKR!!![/URL][/B][/CENTER][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][COLOR="#2F4F4F"][CENTER]Before you post, think..."Will this help me when I stand before Allah?" If it doesn't, then you're wasting time....[/CENTER][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

When I first wore niqab I din't want to know If it was fardh or sunnah. I wore it for the sole purpose of pleasing my Lord and getting close to Him.

At first it wasn't easy but I learnt a lot in terms of tawakkul in Allah and not caring of what others think or say. It always keeps me in check and certainly has helped me change in many ways.

Till now I get issues here and there in regards to niqab but with Allah's help I always overcome it. Many sisters think niqab stops you from achieving what you want but that's not true, it our fears. Definitely you would have trials coming your way but the key is to always put your full trust in Allah.

If you strive for Him its always a win for you.
                        '' WE LIVE IN AN INTERESTING TIME, WHERE THE 'ILM (KNOWLEDGE) OF A PERSON IS JUDGED BY HOW FAMOUS THE PERSON IS.''

- IMAM ANWAR AL 'AWLAQI.

Comment

salaam

I know this has nothing to do with the question but i would just like to say that if my wife didnt wear a niqab i would have found it very difficult to go out with her..
                          Wallah because she covers we go everywhere and i am always comfortable alhamdulillah
                          The Prophet (saw) advised to: “Take benefit of five before five: Your youth before your old age, your health before your sickness, your wealth before your poverty, your free time before you are preoccupied, and your life before your death
                          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgE...kS-Qi3nf3tcvPw

Comment

Working...
                          X