Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sisters only

I know the brothers are going to click into this thread, oh well

So, as a woman, do you think that desiring material wealth is really that bad? I don't think it's something to be ashamed about as many cultures portray it to be, but it should be maintained to a certain extent, IMO.

Re: Sisters only

She may not have access to the sisters section.
    And He found you lost and guided you,
    ~ Qur'an (Ad Duhaa) 93:7 ~

Salaah Reminders

Guide us to the straight pain.
    " Ihdina-s-sirata-l-mustaqim "
    ~ Quran 1:6 ~

الله أعلم

Comment

Do you think it's fair to OP to be spamming her posts? The admin will just come and delete your posts anyway.

Salaah Reminders

الله أعلم

Comment

Originally posted by Abdalla94'
        'Tis true. Oh the horror! A fleeting passage of time never to be grasped again, only to be remembered with sorrow and shame.

With that, I bid the participants of this thread a final farewell by replying to the reply of Link in which I replied back after he replied to me in which I replied back and he did the same so I replied back and so did he to my first reply to him where he replied to another reply to his original post in a sisters only thread.
        :scratch: pathetic

Salaah Reminders

الله أعلم

Comment

I mean having material wealth is something we all need to live and survive in a practical sense. Sure you have someone to accompany you, keep you around and all that stuff but tangible means like having a roof over your head to keep you safe, a car to drive around safely and clothes to keep you warm are basic needs that make material wealth all the more important.

As for material wealth in that " luxury" sense, I think as long as it doesnt make you blur out your life purpose and isnt your top priority,it shouldnt be a bad thing. Personally speaking, getting spoilt by my family (being the youngest) was something I liked because it kinda showed that they loved me, but I also had to make it a habit to ask for nothing more than what they could afford, or maybe compensate their "material" gifts to me by doing them favours in return. Material wealth shouldnt be something bad, as long as there is balance to it.

Its kinda like getting an Audi that youve always wanted. You are grateful for the gift you got. But because of how grateful you are for this wealth, you need to maintain it by washing it, getting it repaired when spoilt and driving it safely in order for it to carry value to your life. Eventually in some way, material wealth should come with gratitude and and the need to maintain that wealth per se. So that makes material wealth good in some aspect. Does that makes sense?

Comment

how are you supposed to access the sister's section?

Comment

Originally posted by nudgetheputri View Post
              I mean having material wealth is something we all need to live and survive in a practical sense. Sure you have someone to accompany you, keep you around and all that stuff but tangible means like having a roof over your head to keep you safe, a car to drive around safely and clothes to keep you warm are basic needs that make material wealth all the more important.

As for material wealth in that " luxury" sense, I think as long as it doesnt make you blur out your life purpose and isnt your top priority,it shouldnt be a bad thing. Personally speaking, getting spoilt by my family (being the youngest) was something I liked because it kinda showed that they loved me, but I also had to make it a habit to ask for nothing more than what they could afford, or maybe compensate their "material" gifts to me by doing them favours in return. Material wealth shouldnt be something bad, as long as there is balance to it.

Its kinda like getting an Audi that youve always wanted. You are grateful for the gift you got. But because of how grateful you are for this wealth, you need to maintain it by washing it, getting it repaired when spoilt and driving it safely in order for it to carry value to your life. Eventually in some way, material wealth should come with gratitude and and the need to maintain that wealth per se. So that makes material wealth good in some aspect. Does that makes sense?
              yeah it makes sense. But I mean, aren't people sort of biased towards women who marry rich people and they're labelled "gold diggers", like thas't kind of unfair. I understand that they shouldn't take it to extremes or make wealth everything but isn't that kind of how women were designed?

Like,it's not good, or bad, it just is?

Comment

Yes, I think in some ways it can be bad, especially when the material wealth comes from another person.

In the long run it can become unhealthy and make you forgetful of the more important things that can make you happy. It makes you less content and it could make you more ungrateful.

It's a cycle that becomes harder to break for some, because the more you have, the more you will want, and the less satisfied you will become. It depends on the individual and how capable they are of fully appreciating the gifts bestowed on them by Allah
                'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Originally posted by ari1449 View Post
                  yeah it makes sense. But I mean, aren't people sort of biased towards women who marry rich people and they're labelled "gold diggers", like thas't kind of unfair. I understand that they shouldn't take it to extremes or make wealth everything but isn't that kind of how women were designed?

Like,it's not good, or bad, it just is?
                  I'd have to disagree because I don't think women are designed to be like that, maybe some are, but there are definitely some that don't have any desires for material wealth and want to live a simple life.

Women that seek wealth for marriage isn't always a great thing. What man would be happy with a woman that is marrying him for his money?

What kind of meaning does their relationship have?
                  'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Nothing weong with wanting a man that can provide for you and make you financially comfortable but if that is all you seek then that is all you may end up with ...money does not keep your bed warm at night or your feelings
                    Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

Materialistic desire should be controlled in both men and women. End of.

Comment

Working...
                      X