Why do Muslims smoke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why do Muslim guys smoke

I hate the smoke, always try to hold my breath when I pass by smokers.

Comment

Salaam

In my experience only 0.001% care about smoking health hazards and wont quit becasue of that unless its super serious .. but if they have a fear of Allah and they understand that smoking is haraam then is more likely to get them to quit. I have seen people quit smoking solely because its haraam , yeah they might relapse a bit but the fear is there.

70 Percent of Smokers Don't Quit After Cancer Diagnosis
      Almost 70 percent of study participants were smoking at least two years after their diagnosis, and 57 percent were still smoking four years after being diagnosed with cancer.

http://www.newsmax.com/Health/Health.../21/id/639747/
      youth before your old age, your health before your sickness, your wealth before your poverty, your free time before you are preoccupied, and your life before your deathhttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgE...kS-Qi3nf3tcvPw

Comment

Originally posted by Ibn Taleb View Post
        Salaam

In my experience only 0.001% care about smoking health hazards and wont quit becasue of that unless its super serious .. but if they have a fear of Allah and they understand that smoking is haraam then is more likely to get them to quit. I have seen people quit smoking solely because its haraam , yeah they might relapse a bit but the fear is there.

70 Percent of Smokers Don't Quit After Cancer Diagnosis
        Almost 70 percent of study participants were smoking at least two years after their diagnosis, and 57 percent were still smoking four years after being diagnosed with cancer.

http://www.newsmax.com/Health/Health.../21/id/639747/
        Smoking is pretty high in the gulf?
        Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.

Comment

Why do Muslim guys smoke

Its coz nowadays we know that everything kills you from the water you drink to the food you eat to even staying outside too long.. so who cares if you smoke?

not saying this is how I think but the general way of thinking and its in the back of our heads for alot of us
          [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][B][U][CENTER]Oh Allah, in your name, I die and live.[/CENTER][/U][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
          [CENTER]:):lailah::lailah::lailah::lailah::)[/CENTER]

[B][CENTER]Ya Allah, Grant Me A Heart That Sees[/CENTER][/B]

Comment

Originally posted by InTheBegining View Post
            i dont have any stats but its kind of an arab stereotype that we smoke alot but i dont know.. i think Americans smoke alot more.. shisha is def on the rise
            youth before your old age, your health before your sickness, your wealth before your poverty, your free time before you are preoccupied, and your life before your deathhttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgE...kS-Qi3nf3tcvPw

Comment

yes esp shisha and sad thing is that they are bringing shisha lounges to the west and even now it's a trend to smoke shisha. I know there's a lot of shisha bars in the uk sadly...
              Originally posted by ashmeo View Post
              I hate the smoke, always try to hold my breath when I pass by smokers.
              Me too now that reminded me of the smoke of smoldering Hellfire SubhanAllah
              I think Muslims are human too. But you are unusually right, smoking is a disgusting habit which brings no benefit. It's haram too, but so is makeup (although not as harmful) and its very common among Muslim sisters.
              Pls don't compare smoking to makeup, it's not even similar and we are talking about one sin here but yes it's haram and unusually right eh? ahem cough
              Originally posted by zantz View Post
              Who the hell does that?
              Vloggers like Adam Saleh and his crew smh https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XPW7W3Tmga8
              Originally posted by iRepIslam View Post
              Seen hijabis smoke, the ones that wear abayah outside uni.
              Oh, I saw a niqabi smoke once.... She lifted her Niqab up
              Anyway what do I know.Allah protect us all. Allahuma Ameen
              Shocking I don't think I seen any yet but sight of that is rare and it makes me so upset when I see Uni/college kids smoke because the area is supposed to be a smoke free zone
              Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post
              :smokin:
              ugh that emoticon shouldn't be here

Originally posted by I See You View Post
              Man: Ya sheikh, can I get cigarette in Jannah ?
              Sheikh: Yes ofcourse, but you have to go jahannam to light it.
              Wow brilliant someone make this a meme :D

Originally posted by Mohamed Mifxal View Post
              it starts for many reasons like peer pressure, social practice, personal choice, after a while a person it becomes part of their routine, like drinking coffee or etc, some become too attached to it.
              whatever reasons they are it should be stopped if they want to be a true practicing Muslims. Contrary to common belief, smoking is least damaging for the smoker and more lethal for the passive smokers. There are some concerns for passive smokers and early cancer diagnosis. Indeed people who smoke might have to pay for other people's lives in Akhira.
              :jkk: very informative and it's true that smoking is more harmful to the passive smokers.May Allah punish them for that

Originally posted by Hannahk92 View Post
              Your OP should be aimed at Muslim sisters also.. Men aren't the only ones who smoke... There's a steady increase in Muslim women doing it
              Yes I realize that now after other sisters pointed that out, my post says smokers in general so I didn't think to mention of sisters smoking because it didn't cross my mind. I would like to change my title so it just says Muslims but I can't. I was mainly directing it to Muslim men smoking because the majority are men even it's rare to see NonMuslim women smoke. And I can't edit my post the 15 mins is up :(

[MENTION=3]sajid[/MENTION] [MENTION=93]seven[/MENTION] [MENTION=1571]admin[/MENTION] [MENTION=2287]ze leetle elper[/MENTION] [MENTION=3262]Tahiyah[/MENTION] [MENTION=3176].: Anna :.[/MENTION] [MENTION=5212]Shadow[/MENTION] [MENTION=5720]Salman Al-Farsi[/MENTION] [MENTION=8041]moderators[/MENTION] [MENTION=15366]-Yassar[/MENTION] [MENTION=22732]Fais[/MENTION] [MENTION=23195]al-ghazalli[/MENTION] [MENTION=30830]Pippin1376[/MENTION] [MENTION=34511]Grotbags[/MENTION] [MENTION=38207]Jenicca[/MENTION] [MENTION=47843]samin62[/MENTION] [MENTION=76113]علي[/MENTION] [MENTION=87885]Meriadoc[/MENTION] [MENTION=105052]Darul Ilm[/MENTION] can you change the title to Muslims instead of Muslim guys since some ppl think I'm doing gender discrimination but on a serious note it applies to both
              Last edited by Qiyamah; 03-01-16, 12:05 PM.

They will say, "Had we but listened or used our intelligence, we would not be among the companions of the Blazing Fire." Qur'an 67:10 💚💙💜

Comment

[MENTION=135406]Qiyamah[/MENTION]
                :insha: one of the mods will edit it for you... Your posts just mentions Muslims in general.. where I work there a hundreds of employees... Seems the majority that smoke are the women.. Though thatind depend on the ratio of woken compared to men, of which I have no idea.
                Say what you wish in abuse of me, for my silence towards the idiot is indeed an answer. I am not at a loss for a response, but rather it does not befit the lion to answer the dogs

~ IMAM SHAFI'I RH

Comment

In public when someone smokes near me I try not to inhale but no matter how hard I try to move away I always get a bit of it for some reason
                  If you memorize just 1 verse from the Quran everyday you would become a hafiz in 18 years and that's the Slowest pace, so what's stopping you?
                  And if you die during that time, then you at least had the intention of becoming a Hafiz

Comment

I have family members that smoke, unfortunately it becomes an addiction and so its difficult for people to stop. I never understood the appeal to it mainly because am not a sheep that follows a herd.
                    I rather be hated by everybody else, but loved by Allah. Than be loved by everybody else and hated by Allah.

Comment

:insha: one of the mods will edit it for you... Your posts just mentions Muslims in general.. where I work there a hundreds of employees... Seems the majority that smoke are the women.. Though thatind depend on the ratio of woken compared to men, of which I have no idea.
                      Yes, I think OP just made a mistake. I'm sure by guys she meant as in ppl. Totally agree though Muslims are humans and not exempt from mistakes.
                      Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabertooth View Post
                        In public when someone smokes near me I try not to inhale but no matter how hard I try to move away I always get a bit of it for some reason
                        Most times I inhale some of it too unintentionally because you can't really hold your breath that long and you could even swallow some of the smoke which I think is safer than breathing in
                        And smoke spreads sometimes when I think it's okay to breathe I'm wrong ._.
                        Really that's surprising, I don't think I seen that phenononem before but nonetheless more men smoke so I only thought of them :/ maybe it's because you lower your gaze that you don't see as much men smoking :) ...yeah ik a lot more NonMuslims smoke but I mentioned Muslims because it's haram for Muslims
                        Originally posted by zantz View Post
                        Its coz nowadays we know that everything kills you from the water you drink to the food you eat to even staying outside too long.. so who cares if you smoke?

not saying this is how I think but the general way of thinking and its in the back of our heads for alot of us
                        Well I guess I can see some of that logic but still smoking is worse and those you really have to overdo in a day to die from
                        Lol really you think about how this glass of water or extra food will kill ya

They will say, "Had we but listened or used our intelligence, we would not be among the companions of the Blazing Fire." Qur'an 67:10 💚💙💜

Comment

Originally posted by menk View Post
                          I have family members that smoke, unfortunately it becomes an addiction and so its difficult for people to stop. I never understood the appeal to it mainly because am not a sheep that follows a herd.
                          from my experience this is an excuse for most...my uncle who used to be heavy smoker for 15 year quite like in one day, and also another uncle of mine who used to smoke for 10 years had quite it without the "progressive decline therapy" to be honest most of them haven't reached the addiction level that can be justifiable. Just lazy. It's no heroin addiction.

Comment

You know how people get addicted to tea, it's sort of like that except smoking is on another level and it's a lot harder to stop from what i've seen
                            If you memorize just 1 verse from the Quran everyday you would become a hafiz in 18 years and that's the Slowest pace, so what's stopping you?
                            And if you die during that time, then you at least had the intention of becoming a Hafiz

Comment

Just... Blame it on the slave trade.

And America.

Comment

Originally posted by iRepIslam View Post
                                Seen hijabis smoke, the ones that wear abayah outside uni.

Oh, I saw a niqabi smoke once.... She lifted her Niqab up

Anyway what do I know.

Allah protect us all. Allahuma Ameen
                                Ameen.

Me too - the first time I saw a fully covered sister smoking I couldn't believe my eyes, now I'm desensitised.

I suppose the question can be asked for all types of sins? Why do Muslims smoke, commit Zina, freemix etc. May Allah allow us to rectify our state before we meet Him, Ameen.
                                My Lord sanctify my flawed heart
                                As You have sanctified Your house,
                                Make my heart as protected and as honoured
                                In which permission of entry
                                Is only granted to a few,
                                Please Allah, allow my heart
                                To be preserved only for You.

---

It hurts, to watch you leave so soon,
                                when I don't know, if I will ever see you again
                                In Jannah, we will meet :love:

If I have ever offended, hurt or insulted you, forgive me for the sake of Allah سبحانه وتعالى‎

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X