Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do Muslims smoke

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Why do Muslims smoke

    I see this trend pick up among teens and young adults even tho now we know how bad smoking is for you. It makes me mad to see people smoke in public because smoking affects others too so if you want to smoke please smoke in your home or where no one else is around or only among smokers.

    Secondhand smoke kills and can give people lung cancer and other diseases so please don't smoke around others even if you are addicted. Not only that but smoking is haram and it wreaks and when I pass by smokers, it's so hard to breathe I try breathing thru my mouth as I don't wanna inhale those cigarette toxins...nowadays there's even Muslim youtubers who promote smoking shisha and marijuana like why would you use your channel based off Islam to promote haram things...

    Why even smoke in the first place it's not seen as cool anymore by most

    Please if you are a smoker, make a resolution to stop, it harms your health, the environment and people+animals around you
    Last edited by Qiyamah; 03-01-16, 08:39 AM.
    “Do not commit injustice, because injustice is darkness on the Day of Judgment." (Sahih Muslim)
    They will say, "Had we but listened or used our intelligence, we would not be among the companions of the Blazing Fire." Qur'an 67:10 💚💙💜

  • #2
    Re: Why do Muslim guys smoke?

    I think Muslims are human too. But you are unusually right, smoking is a disgusting habit which brings no benefit. It's haram too, but so is makeup (although not as harmful) and its very common among Muslim sisters.
    Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Why do Muslim guys smoke?

      Originally posted by InTheBegining View Post
      I think Muslims are human too. But you are unusually right, smoking is a disgusting habit which brings no benefit. It's haram too, but so is makeup (although not as harmful) and its very common among Muslim sisters.
      Makeup vs smoking

      ===

      They start because of whatever reasons then it becomes an addiction and like all addictions its hard to stop without strong will and effort. So most just keep smoking, even though they know the harm.
      O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Qiyamah View Post
        I see this trend pick up among teens and young adults even tho now we know how bad smoking is for you. It makes me mad to see people smoke in public because smoking affects others too so if you want to smoke please smoke in your home or where no one else is around or only among smokers.

        Secondhand smoke kills and can give people lung cancer and other diseases so please don't smoke around others even if you are addicted. Not only that but smoking is haram and it wreaks and when I pass by smokers, it's so hard to breathe I try breathing thru my mouth as I don't wanna inhale those cigarette toxins...nowadays there's even Muslim youtubers who promote smoking shisha and marijuana like why would you use your channel based off Islam to promote haram things...


        Why even smoke in the first place it's not seen as cool anymore by most

        Please if you are a smoker, make a resolution to stop, it harms your health, the environment and people+animals around you
        Who the hell does that?
        [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][B][U][CENTER]Oh Allah, in your name, I die and live.[/CENTER][/U][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
        [CENTER]:):lailah::lailah::lailah::lailah::)[/CENTER]

        [B][CENTER]Ya Allah, Grant Me A Heart That Sees[/CENTER][/B]

        Comment


        • #5
          Why do Muslim guys smoke

          Seen hijabis smoke, the ones that wear abayah outside uni.

          Oh, I saw a niqabi smoke once.... She lifted her Niqab up

          Anyway what do I know.

          Allah protect us all. Allahuma Ameen
          إقراء القران فإنه يأتي يوم القيامة شفيعا لأصحابه

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Why do Muslim guys smoke

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Why do Muslim guys smoke

              #it'smessedup
              Bandon say dil naa lagao sirf Allah say lagao.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Why do Muslim guys smoke

                Most all of my Muslim side of the family smokes something lol.. I don't though.



                but, we should pray for such people. not judge...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Why do Muslim guys smoke

                  Man: Ya sheikh, can I get cigarette in Jannah ?
                  Sheikh: Yes ofcourse, but you have to go jahannam to light it.
                  “You don't need anybody to tell you who you are or what you are. You are what you are!”

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Why do Muslim guys smoke

                    Your OP should be aimed at Muslim sisters also.. Men aren't the only ones who smoke... There's a steady increase in Muslim women doing it
                    ▪️••• 〰 Say what you wish in abuse of me, for my silence towards the idiot is indeed an answer. I am not at a loss for a response, but rather it does not befit the lion to answer the dogs. 〰 •••▪️

                    ~ IMAM SHAFI'I RH

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Why do Muslim guys smoke

                      [MENTION=91405]I See You[/MENTION]

                      I died..
                      إقراء القران فإنه يأتي يوم القيامة شفيعا لأصحابه

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Why do Muslim guys smoke

                        it starts for many reasons like peer pressure, social practice, personal choice, after a while a person it becomes part of their routine, like drinking coffee or etc, some become too attached to it.
                        whatever reasons they are it should be stopped if they want to be a true practicing Muslims. Contrary to common belief, smoking is least damaging for the smoker and more lethal for the passive smokers. There are some concerns for passive smokers and early cancer diagnosis. Indeed people who smoke might have to pay for other people's lives in Akhira.
                        Last edited by Mohamed Mifxal; 03-01-16, 09:42 AM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Why do Muslim guys smoke

                          Originally posted by I See You View Post
                          Man: Ya sheikh, can I get cigarette in Jannah ?
                          Sheikh: Yes ofcourse, but you have to go jahannam to light it.
                          well the fire might be cooled for muslim visitors like it was made cool for Ibrahim (AS).
                          Nevertheless it won't be a desire in jannah, cuz it has perfection

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Why do Muslim guys smoke

                            Its not only muslim men, theres many young muslimahs i've seen who smoke. They mainly do so to fit in with the crowd they hang out with (peer pressure) and before they know it, they've become addicted, in which case it becomes too hard for them to give up.

                            Either way, the act of moking is not justifiable.
                            Last edited by Peony.; 03-01-16, 09:50 AM.
                            All humans are dead, except those who have knowledge.
                            And all those who have knowledge are asleep, except those who do good deeds.
                            And those who do good deeds are deceived, except those who are sincere.
                            And those who are sincere are always in a state of worry.”

                            Imam Shafi'i (رحمه الله)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Why do Muslim guys smoke

                              Bad influences around them most probably. Also much higher chance for kids to smoke if their parents do it too. And another reason could be the parents fault of not educating their child of the harm in smoking.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X