Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SMART Goals + Your January 2016 Goals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • SMART Goals + Your January 2016 Goals

    AsSalaamu alaikum!

    New Year! Fresh Start! Let's GOAL!

    SMART Goals are:
    Specific: What do you want to achieve in your area of focus? (ex: Run 1 mile in 15 minutes by the end of the month)
    Measurable: Why is this goal important for you? (ex: Sunnah to be healthy)
    Action Oriented: What steps will you take to achieve it? (ex: Daily incremental buildup)
    Realistic: How do you know that you can achieve this goal? (ex: Combination of the ability to walk/run 1 mile in 20 minutes from previous attempts)
    Timely: By when do you want to achieve this goal? (ex: by the end of the month or 30 consecutive days)

    What are THREE specific goals you want to achieve this January? Use the strategy above to pinpoint your specific goals for your January Challenge then share them below.

    Here are mine:
    1. Finish 1 Quran reading
    2. Fast 10 days
    3. Keep a daily "where was my time spent" journal

    Make your intentions.. Ready.. set.. GOAL!

  • #2
    Re: SMART Goals + Your January 2016 Goals

    [MENTION=136137]She is FiERCE[/MENTION] here r my goals ya wanted me to share hehe. I like your SMART logo for goal setting!!!

    My goals for the month (revised last week hehe) are:

    1. To pray all salahs on time despite class clashes
    2. Read 1 hour of Islamic reading a day
    3. Exercise 1 and a half hours four to five days a week
    4.To finish 10 juz of review or more in hifth this month (by reading 5 pages back front daily)

    and a bunch of other stuff hehe but keeping these four in check seems more realistic for now.
    I really wanna power myself up so I be ready for Ramadan....can't wait! A darned six something months away......

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: SMART Goals + Your January 2016 Goals

      Originally posted by Figs View Post
      [MENTION=136137]She is FiERCE[/MENTION] here r my goals ya wanted me to share hehe. I like your SMART logo for goal setting!!!

      My goals for the month (revised last week hehe) are:

      1. To pray all salahs on time despite class clashes
      2. Read 1 hour of Islamic reading a day
      3. Exercise 1 and a half hours four to five days a week
      4.To finish 10 juz of review or more in hifth this month (by reading 5 pages back front daily)

      and a bunch of other stuff hehe but keeping these four in check seems more realistic for now.
      I really wanna power myself up so I be ready for Ramadan....can't wait! A darned six something months away......
      You've got some great goals! Are you a hafidha? *jealous!* mashaAllah
      So, I noticed most of your goals are daily commitments. I'm impressed that with the dedication, mashaAllah. =) Its an aspiration for me to fit loads of productivity into ONE day!
      I don't know your UF schedule, shall we check in with each other weekly? Weekend works fine for me.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: SMART Goals + Your January 2016 Goals

        :zzz:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Do-Fast-Food-Companies-Have-to-Take-Responsibility-for-the-Obesity-Epidemic.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	400.4 KB
ID:	10760920

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: SMART Goals + Your January 2016 Goals

          Originally posted by She is FiERCE View Post
          You've got some great goals! Are you a hafidha? *jealous!* mashaAllah
          So, I noticed most of your goals are daily commitments. I'm impressed that with the dedication, mashaAllah. =) Its an aspiration for me to fit loads of productivity into ONE day!
          I don't know your UF schedule, shall we check in with each other weekly? Weekend works fine for me.
          Thank you sis, Im not a hafidha though. I take Quran classes though which is why my goals are kinda...hehe rigorous.
          I love your goals though, they look more accomplishable masha allah and more with the SMART logo :) its best to limit goals to a few small ones....
          plus the elders in my life expect me to be productive so there's that bit o' pressure there hehe.

          Yea totally weekends will do great:up: shall we meet in this thread ukhti? :)

          -Figs

          Originally posted by Romero123 View Post
          :zzz:
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]81788[/ATTACH]
          Too bad...I like chocolate chip cookies better. And cold icy soda.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: SMART Goals + Your January 2016 Goals

            Originally posted by Romero123 View Post
            :zzz:
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]81788[/ATTACH]
            How is this related to January goals??

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: SMART Goals + Your January 2016 Goals

              Originally posted by Figs View Post
              Thank you sis, Im not a hafidha though. I take Quran classes though which is why my goals are kinda...hehe rigorous.
              I love your goals though, they look more accomplishable masha allah and more with the SMART logo :) its best to limit goals to a few small ones....
              plus the elders in my life expect me to be productive so there's that bit o' pressure there hehe.

              Yea totally weekends will do great:up: shall we meet in this thread ukhti? :)

              -Figs
              Quran classes.. nice!

              Yup, we'll meet in this thread next weekend! I can't contain my excitement =D

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: SMART Goals + Your January 2016 Goals

                Originally posted by She is FiERCE View Post
                How is this related to January goals??
                No more fast food for me. I am trying to quit cause it's unhealthy.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: SMART Goals + Your January 2016 Goals

                  Whilst this is a great idea. There is a potential problem which begins when you want to do something new that doesn't match the person whom you know yourself to be and your current lifestyle. This creates a conflic within (the person)

                  Part of you wants to change whilst the other part of you wants to remain who you are out of habit. Many times this internal conflict creates negative self-talk or criticism, which can paralyze you and stop you from keeping to your goal. Which brings me back to my previous point I made in your other thread where I mentioned there is a 92% chance most will not achieve their stated goals. This basically means that for every 10 people that set a goal here, only 2 will succeed. In fact, most will revert back to their old ways and habits in a week or two.

                  It's pretty difficult to go against your current support system which is set up on doing everything in a certain way. Only a few (8%) are carpetbagger of restructuring and reconstructing a totally new support system which enables them to achieve their goal and sustain their new lifestyles long enough for it to become part of their life permanently.

                  I'm sha Allah kayr
                  Last edited by InTheBegining; 03-01-16, 12:01 AM.
                  Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: SMART Goals + Your January 2016 Goals

                    Originally posted by Romero123 View Post
                    No more fast food for me. I am trying to quit cause it's unhealthy.

                    Oh I see. Are you stopping cold turkey? Or taking steps?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: SMART Goals + Your January 2016 Goals

                      wa alaykumussalam

                      so much stuff, insha ' allah. lol to summarise, sort out my life :)
                      And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
                      [al-An’aam 6:59]

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: SMART Goals + Your January 2016 Goals

                        Originally posted by She is FiERCE View Post

                        Oh I see. Are you stopping cold turkey? Or taking steps?
                        Instead of buying fried chicken, I will be buying grilled chicken.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: SMART Goals + Your January 2016 Goals

                          Originally posted by Creamcake View Post
                          wa alaykumussalam

                          so much stuff, insha ' allah. lol to summarise, sort out my life :)
                          Too short.
                          Are you sure you are Creamcake?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: SMART Goals + Your January 2016 Goals

                            Originally posted by Romero123 View Post
                            Too short.
                            Are you sure you are Creamcake?
                            perhaps. perhaps not. #chocolatecake
                            And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
                            [al-An’aam 6:59]

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X