X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Just joined the Gym!

Originally posted by InTheBegining View Post
    W. Salaam

OK so first things first. Congrats you're now one of the 68% of people making a new years resolution. And, the 40% who say it to be related to health and fitness. You are also more likely to drop this whole idea of working out within 2 months. 92% likely to in fact. Also, you have a very slim chance of succeeding in your endeavour. Your chances of achieving your goal are only 8%. This means, for every 100 people in your shoes only 8 will carry on to become fit and healthy achieving their set January goal by at the end of the year. That means 92 people will fail.

Hope that helps.
    Lool

Inthebeginning, so mean.
    O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

I got a 3 month gym membership last year; I went to the gym for like 2 days & that was it..lol

Hope you do well, I am trying to be healthier too.

Comment

Well there we go. We have a funky version of [MENTION=131974]Creamcake[/MENTION] on this board Lol
        "Don't be too perfect; no one will want to talk to you. Maintain a flaw or two to keep yourself approachable." -My guide to being amazing

Comment

Originally posted by sandman123 View Post
          Well there we go. We have a funky version of [MENTION=131974]Creamcake[/MENTION] on this board Lol
          this made me laugh, the sister's first few sentences remind me of me aswell, but the rest.. like whoa hold up, those bullet points they're totally happening (in my dreams).
          And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
          [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

W. Salaam

OK so first things first. Congrats you're now one of the 68% of people making a new years resolution. And, the 40% who say it to be related to health and fitness. You are also more likely to drop this whole idea of working out within 2 months. 92% likely to in fact. Also, you have a very slim chance of succeeding in your endeavour. Your chances of achieving your goal are only 8%. This means, for every 100 people in your shoes only 8 will carry on to become fit and healthy achieving their set January goal by at the end of the year. That means 92 people will fail.

Hope that helps.
            Thanks for the congrats. The rest of your post was pointless, try again next time.

Originally posted by drac16 View Post
            Wa alaykum salam wa rahmatullah

In my estimation, the hardest thing to do is to stick with it. Many people expect to see results right away; and when they find out that they need to put more effort into it, they give up and stop excercising. The pull down and the row machine are my favorites :D. I don't do much cardio.
            I agree that it takes a lot of discipline to stick with a routine! Any idea what the pull down and row machine is called? I'm imagining something to do with arms?

Originally posted by EritreanMuslimah View Post
            I hope you reach your goals <3
            Thank you!! =)

Originally posted by Umm_Adam_ View Post
            :salams:

Ask the gym instructor for help and change your diet - drink water!

Initial diagnostic is on the 4th, so that would be a great starting point. Drinking more water is a struggle! Good point, thanks =)

Originally posted by Creamcake View Post
            wa alaykumussalam

congratulations :)

just ensure its a female only gym, keep hydrated (plenty of water), and ask the instructors there.

insha ' allah it goes awesomely sis :)
            inshaAllah, thanks =)

Originally posted by MyUsernameIs... View Post
            Don't focus on cardio too much. Typical female mistake.
            Hit the weights more (depending on how much body fat you need to reduce first).
            Increased weight training gives better results & makes you look and feel ahmaazing.
            I hadn't thought of this before. I'll question the instructor about this. Thank you for your input. =)

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
            another great way to exercise is to wipe the windows

you clean and move at the same time :up:

to the left, to the right

and repeat
            You're right about that. I was exhausted after my end-of-the-year cleaning.

Originally posted by Tide2006 View Post
            I got a 3 month gym membership last year; I went to the gym for like 2 days & that was it..lol

Hope you do well, I am trying to be healthier too.
            haha, sorry to know you didn't stick to it. Best wishes on being healthier, do share your tips and results! =)

Comment

W. Salaam

Hope that helps.
              Aren't you just the optimistic one today? XD
              “Ask forgiveness from your Lord. Indeed! He is Oft-Forgiving.” (71:10)

Comment

Originally posted by She is FiERCE View Post
                Thanks for the congrats. The rest of your post was pointless, try again next time.

I agree that it takes a lot of discipline to stick with a routine! Any idea what the pull down and row machine is called? I'm imagining something to do with arms?

Thank you!! =)

Initial diagnostic is on the 4th, so that would be a great starting point. Drinking more water is a struggle! Good point, thanks =)

inshaAllah, thanks =)

I hadn't thought of this before. I'll question the instructor about this. Thank you for your input. =)

haha, sorry to know you didn't stick to it. Best wishes on being healthier, do share your tips and results! =)
                you're welcome, let us know how u get on :)
                And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
                [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

Congrats. Gym memberships are such a big waste of money, much like insurance. Very rarely used. Lol.

I have a local girls only gym that has nice casual rates. I'm down with that.

P.S welcome to the forums, I love your name!

Comment

Originally posted by Ni'mah View Post
                    Congrats. Gym memberships are such a big waste of money, much like insurance. Very rarely used. Lol.

I have a local girls only gym that has nice casual rates. I'm down with that.

P.S welcome to the forums, I love your name!
                    Thank you, thank you!! =)
                    Did ya join? Gyms usually offer really good promos at the end or beginning of the year. We can be virtual workout buddies.

Comment

Thank you!! =)

inshaAllah, thanks =)

Tbh out of everyone, only mine contained facts. It should motivate you.
                      Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.

Comment

Tbh out of everyone, only mine contained facts. It should motivate you.

Very motivating ;)

Comment

Very motivating ;)
                          Glad to have helped
                          Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.

Comment

Glad to have helped

'preciate it!

Comment

Working...
                            X