Can I ignore the hanafi madhab with regards to Witr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can I ignore the hanafi madhab with regards to Witr

Everyone is fallible, besides Allah swt and His messenger.

Those who make such statements have become blinded with their ignorance. It is not fair of you to judge everyone based on what you've seen (from those who are ignorant) because not everyone goes around making foolish comments. I can't actually believe people would say that, subhan Allah. I can understand why you've grown such hate now, it makes sense.

Comment

Reminds me of a funny 'Hanafi' website I came across a few years ago. It was a long rant about Salafis doing raful yadain but at the end there was a disclaimer which said something like: Note to our Shafi'i brothers - this is just against Salafis. Shafi'is should continue doing raful yadain according to their madhab but Salafis should stop since they don't have proof for doing it. Can't remember the exact wording but I posted the link on here somewhere... will repost if I can find it.

Comment

Originally posted by vildan View Post
        Everyone is fallible, besides Allah swt and His messenger.

Those who make such statements have become blinded with their ignorance. It is not fair of you to judge everyone based on what you've seen (from those who are ignorant) because not everyone goes around making foolish comments. I can't actually believe people would say that, subhan Allah. I can understand why you've grown such hate now, it makes sense.
        Have you heard of Durul Mukhtar?
        You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
          Have you heard of Durul Mukhtar?
          Yes i have and no i haven't read it. I have other sources i read from. Is this where you've come across some of their weird statements? Allahul Musta'an.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
            Reminds me of a funny 'Hanafi' website I came across a few years ago. It was a long rant about Salafis doing raful yadain but at the end there was a disclaimer which said something like: Note to our Shafi'i brothers - this is just against Salafis. Shafi'is should continue doing raful yadain according to their madhab but Salafis should stop since they don't have proof for doing it. Can't remember the exact wording but I posted the link on here somewhere... will repost if I can find it.
            Ilyas Ghumman says the same thing. Rafal Yaden of GM is not accepted, but for the Shafis it is because they are muqallids???
            You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by vildan View Post
              Yes i have and no i haven't read it. I have other sources i read from. Is this where you've come across some of their weird statements? Allahul Musta'an.
              Maybe you should

والحاصل أن أبا حنيفة النعمان من أعظم معجزات المصطفى [ ص: 56 ] بعد القرآن ، وحسبك من مناقبه اشتهار مذهبه ما قال قولا إلا أخذ به إمام من الأئمة الأعلام ، وقد جعل الله الحكم لأصحابه وأتباعه من زمنه إلى هذه الأيام ، إلى أن يحكم بمذهبه عيسى عليه السلام ، [ ص: 57 ] وهذا يدل على أمر عظيم اختص به من بين سائر العلماء العظام ، كيف لا وهو كالصديق رضي الله عنه ، له أجره وأجر [ ص: 58 ] من دون الفقه وألفه وفرع أحكامه على أصوله العظام ، إلى يوم الحشر والقيام . وقد اتبعه على مذهبه كثير من الأولياء الكرام ، ممن اتصف بثبات المجاهدة ، وركض في ميدان المشاهدة كإبراهيم بن أدهم وشقيق البلخي ومعروف الكرخي وأبي يزيد البسطامي وفضيل بن عياض وداود الطائي ، [ ص: 59 ] وأبي حامد اللفاف وخلف بن أيوب وعبد الله بن المبارك ووكيع بن الجراح وأبي بكر الوراق ، وغيرهم ممن لا يحصى لبعده أن يستقصى ، فلو وجدوا فيه شبهة ما اتبعوه ، ولا اقتدوا به ولا وافقوه

رد المحتار على الدر المختار
              Watch those eyes

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
                That must have been from Ala Hazarat! I read that farce too.
                Watch those eyes

Comment

Originally posted by ZeeshanParvez View Post
                  Maybe you should

والحاصل أن أبا حنيفة النعمان من أعظم معجزات المصطفى [ ص: 56 ] بعد القرآن ، وحسبك من مناقبه اشتهار مذهبه ما قال قولا إلا أخذ به إمام من الأئمة الأعلام ، وقد جعل الله الحكم لأصحابه وأتباعه من زمنه إلى هذه الأيام ، إلى أن يحكم بمذهبه عيسى عليه السلام ، [ ص: 57 ] وهذا يدل على أمر عظيم اختص به من بين سائر العلماء العظام ، كيف لا وهو كالصديق رضي الله عنه ، له أجره وأجر [ ص: 58 ] من دون الفقه وألفه وفرع أحكامه على أصوله العظام ، إلى يوم الحشر والقيام . وقد اتبعه على مذهبه كثير من الأولياء الكرام ، ممن اتصف بثبات المجاهدة ، وركض في ميدان المشاهدة كإبراهيم بن أدهم وشقيق البلخي ومعروف الكرخي وأبي يزيد البسطامي وفضيل بن عياض وداود الطائي ، [ ص: 59 ] وأبي حامد اللفاف وخلف بن أيوب وعبد الله بن المبارك ووكيع بن الجراح وأبي بكر الوراق ، وغيرهم ممن لا يحصى لبعده أن يستقصى ، فلو وجدوا فيه شبهة ما اتبعوه ، ولا اقتدوا به ولا وافقوه

رد المحتار على الدر المختار
                  In shaa Allah, i'll have a read soon.

Comment

no you cannot ignore the hanfi madhab when it comes to witr; why?

because you find it too hard?; this is a cop out!; the perfect definition of following one's desires; when the going gets tough you want to bend the rules???; nope mate ... if you want to get to jannah ..... hold up

your having lots of problems right?, in that case inshALlah it will be ok for you to change madhab alltoghter, or just change the salaah to another madhab, but you have to adopt the full rulings off the salaah of other madhab and the prerequsites too such as that of wudhu and salaah nullifiers etc

you have to avoid what is called 'talfiq':

http://islamqa.org/shafii/qibla-shafii/33788

Comment

Originally posted by Slave of Rehman View Post
                      no you cannot ignore the hanfi madhab when it comes to witr; why?

because you find it too hard?; this is a cop out!; the perfect definition of following one's desires; when the going gets tough you want to bend the rules???; nope mate ... if you want to get to jannah ..... hold up
                      Who told you it's too hard? This is not cop out, he merely finds the position weak. Stop accusing your brothers who don't blindly follow a madhab of following there desires.

If you want to get jannah, do you have special rights to jannah that you want to share with him? Shh

Comment

When does adhering to a madhab become a sect?
                        Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.

Comment

Originally posted by InTheBegining View Post
                          When does adhering to a madhab become a sect?
                          In cases like the OP.

Comment

When you start to accuse people for being in another madhab than yours. Then... It will get pretty bad. Then it starts to become 'sect like' when it shouldn't.

Astaghfirgullah.

Every madhab has its proofs. >:)
                            Last edited by Serinity; 02-01-16, 09:45 PM.
                            La ilaha illallahu, wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu, wa Huwa 'ala kulli sha'in Qadir
                            (there is no true god except Allah. He is One and He has no partner with Him; His is the sovereignty and His is the praise, and He is Omnipotent),'
                            Do not say about Allah but Truth.

Comment

Originally posted by someone12 View Post
                              I know that a layman is reccomended to follow a madhab, and I do, I mostly imitate hanafi opinion. I am not expert, but from what I've been taught, and based on what my family, I guess I'm a hanafi.

But according to islamqa, the reality is that Islam doesn't really oblige the Muslim to follow a madhab. I agree, you have no right to force people to follow one of the four madhabs. Islamqa said that sure, a layman can use a madhab as a basis for knowledge.

Which is what I do, I mainly follow hanafi. Islamqa says that all madhabs are prone to correctness, and incorrectness. But at the end of the day, I should follow the Quran and Sunnah.

When it comes to the Witr salah, I have been praying it the hanafi way (like Maghrib). But I have found that with regards to how Witr is done, hanafis position is the weakest. Everywhere I go, the most sound opinion is that it SHOULD NOT be done similarly to maghrib. Rather it should be done with three continuous rakats with one sitting.

Surely, since this is the most correct opinion, no one can force me to staying exclusive to the hanafi madhab. My point is, the hanafi madhab has a weak position on this, and is likely to be incorrect. I as a muslim should follow what seems more sound and correct, because I at the end of the day am following Quran and Sunnah.

So surely, to ensure my worship is most correct, because my madhab has the least sound opinion, can I pray Witr in the way that has 3 continuous rakat with one sitting? So I can make that it doesn't resemble Maghrib?

I mainly imitate hanafi madhab, but I want to pray Witr in the other opinion that is more sound.

I no longer want to pray Witr as it is in the hanafi fiqh because in hanafi it is done like Maghrib, which in the most sound opinion is incorrect.

Furthermore, the most sound opinion is that Witr is a sunnah salat, not wajib like stated by the less sound hanafi. Again, I'm not obliged to remain loyal to the hanafi just because I am a layman. I use the hanafi as a basis, but because there is another opinion that is more sound, I can follow that which seems more correct to Quran and Sunnah?

Here is the islamqa link on the matter:

https://islamqa.info/en/21420
                              bro, this is dangerous; from your posts I can see you are an absolute laymen and you are judging which opinion is stronger???

you don't have any prerequisites at all bro for judging; do you know ten Arabic words and their meanings let alone having mastered it? :D

sorry for the mocking but it is to show you how ludricous a position you are taking

how does 3 rakaahs of witr differ from magrib?; by the last takbir ofcourse!; the last takbir isn't in the magrib right?

so there u go, problem solved

I have explained all of this to you before and wont waste my time doing it again .. mr troll! :D

Comment

Originally posted by Slave of Rehman View Post
                                bro, this is dangerous; from your posts I can see you are an absolute laymen and you are judging which opinion is stronger???

you don't have any prerequisites at all bro for judging; do you know ten Arabic words and their meanings let alone having mastered it? :D

sorry for the mocking but it is to show you how ludricous a position you are taking

how does 3 rakaahs of witr differ from magrib?; by the last takbir ofcourse!; the last takbir isn't in the magrib right?

so there u go, problem solved

I have explained all of this to you before and wont waste my time doing it again .. mr troll! :D
                                He is not judging which opinion is correct on his own.

What you said would've made sense if he started opening the books of ahadith on his own and arrived to this conclusion. There, I would agree with you that OP is a layman and has no right trying to do ijtihad.

However OP here is actually arriving to this conclusion due to cases presented by someone who is actually qualified to do ijtihad.

Learn the difference between going to the evidences yourself and judging them (not permissible for laymen) and judging between cases presented by scholars (what OP is doing).

Calling others trolls eh? You are really reeking of insecurity.
                                Last edited by Linkdeutscher; 03-01-16, 12:08 AM.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X