X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delayed response...

:salams

Ibn al jawzi

I think part of the test is when a believer supplicates and receives no response, and he repeats the dua for a long time and sees no sign of a response. He should realize that this is a test and needs patience.

I said to him: Be gone, O cursed one, for I have no need of anyone to argue my case and I do not want you as a supporter!

Then I told myself: Beware of going along with his whispers, for if there was no other reason for the delay except that Allah is testing you to see whether you will fight the enemy, that is sufficient wisdom.

My soul (nafs) said: How could you explain the delay in the response of Allah to your prayers for relief from this calamity?

I said: It is proven with evidence that Allah, may He be glorified and exalted, is the Sovereign, and the Sovereign may withhold or give, so there is no point in objecting to Him.

The wisdom behind that is proven in definitive evidence. I may think that something is good, but wisdom does not dictate it, but the reason for that may be hidden, just as a doctor may do things that appear outwardly to be harmful, intending some good purpose thereby. Perhaps this is something of that nature.

The response may be withheld because of some fault in you. Perhaps there was something dubious in what you ate or your heart was heedless at the time when you said the dua, or your punishment is being increased by means of your need being withheld, because of some sin from which you have not repented sincerely. So look for some of these reasons, so that you might achieve your aim.

You should examine the intention behind this request, because attaining it may lead to more sin, or prevent you from doing some good, so withholding it is better.

Perhaps losing what you have missed out on will cause you to turn to Allah and getting it will distract you from Him. This is obvious, based on the fact that were it not for this calamity you would not have turned to Him, because the real calamity is what distracts you from Him, but what makes you stand before Him is good for you and is in your best interests.

If you ponder these things you will focus on what is more beneficial for you, such as correcting a mistake or seeking forgiveness or standing before Allah and beseeching Him, and forget about what you have missed out on.

:love: :love: :love:
    ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
    "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
    :love: [Al-Imran 3:159] :love:

Delayed response...

:wswrwb: :jkk:
    The way I see it is that dua may not even be accepted at all even if you supplicated sincerely because Im sure nuh(as) prayed for a good son and lut(as) a good wife. So you should just be content with the qadr of allah and make the best out of you situation. but also at the same time dont lose hope because allah is the one who answers your prayers..not sure if this is the right way to think about it tho...
    [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][B][U][CENTER]Oh Allah, in your name, I die and live.[/CENTER][/U][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [CENTER]:):lailah::lailah::lailah::lailah::)[/CENTER]

[B][CENTER]Ya Allah, Grant Me A Heart That Sees[/CENTER][/B]

Comment

Re: Delayed response...

Wa Alaykumussalam

jazakhallahu khairan

this is so true, and we should say Alhamdulillah because we already have so many blessings.
      And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
      [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

“The most excellent du’aa is insistence upon Allaah and earnest imploring unto Him.” [Ash-Shu’ab, 2/1107]

Ibn ‘Uyaynah said:

“Don’t ever leave off making du’aa nor allow what [bad deeds] you commit to prevent you from it, for indeed Allaah answered the du’aa of Iblees (the Devil) and he is the most evil of creation [when he said to Allaah] “‘Grant me respite until the Day in which they will be resurrected.’ He (Allaah) said, ‘Indeed you are from those who are granted respite.’ ” [7:14-15]“ [Ash-Shu’ab, 2/1147]

Yahyaa Ibn Mu’aadh said:

“Do not find slow the answer to your du’aas when you have shut off its path with your sins.” [As-Siyar, 13/15]

Abud Dardaa’ said:

“Whoever knocks on the door then it is on the brink of it being opened up for him, and whoever makes a lot of du’aa then his supplication is on the verge of being answered.” [Ash-Shu’ab, 2/1142]

‘Aa’ishah said:

“Ask Allaah to facilitate everything, even the string to your sandal, for if Allaah had not made facilitation, it would not be facilitated.” [Ash-Shu’ab, 2/1142]

...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
        "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
        :love: [Al-Imran 3:159] :love:

Comment

:jkk: :up:

Comment

Working...
          X