Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weddings

Assalamu Alaykum everyone,

I was wondering how weddings were done in the past in the religion/culture because most weddings these days consist of the Nikah being done at an event and then a few weeks later the Walimah being done and men and women are in the same venue,even if there is pardah, was this done before or were they in complete different places? I know in the past the woman was taken from her house to her husbands in a palanquin (aka doli). So I was wondering how the celebrations and everything were done and the reason why I was asking was Ive been to a couple of weddings and it just got me thinking.

Re: Weddings

Well I know it was a practice to beat the daff
    Red was common color of the bridal dress
    Of course at the time of the prophet Muhammad the wedding must have been filled with satr I mean men in diffrent area women in diffrent area

Giving the people a feast was common

The poor would be an honoured guest at weddings..

I remember my wedding the momment I sat down I saw people flashing there cameras at me woah I even gestured at one of my relitives not to take. Photos but instead I see cousins all flashing there cameras it gets quite mixed gathering like most pakistani weddings...not to mention they make you wear the pakistani lengha which is haraam to wear...

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
    X