Is halal food really halal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is halal food really halal?

I'm becoming suspicious of meat nowadays and I really don't want to give it up. I love meat but do factories and halal companies really treat animals well and slaughter each animal correctly? One by one? Do they use a machine? I just read an article how they feed non halal sources into animals and then slaughter them in the"halal" way. Honestly I love chicken and meat haha and giving it up would make me so sad. The chicken from KFC, is it really halal?

Re: Is halal food really halal?

Idk this is worrying me too, when somewhere says halal/we ask and they say halal, we eat. but apparently in the UK most animals are stunned through electrocution then slaughtered e.g kfc sister, I think they do that. it's so confusing, I know how u feel, we don't know how they treat them or what food they feed them..

I mean, am I supposed to ask everywhere, our butchers (even tho I never go), takeaways, restaurants etc, what about eating at muslim friends house, I mean, when it clearly says halal, and the ppl are saying its halal that own it, then what.. seriously, where do we draw the line... do I need to go around n investigate the slaughtering boards in all cases where its definitely classed as 'halal' but there's no further information, on whether its stunned/electrocuted first, or whether its been killed the proper way...
    And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record�
    [al-An�aam 6:59]

Comment

:salams

I have heard two opinions with this issue.

1. As for the legal limits, one can assume that the food itself is permitted if the Muslim says it is and there is no cause for reasonable surety otherwise.

http://seekershub.org/ans-blog/2013/...at-play-music/

2. It's not enough to just accept it's halal even if a Muslim is saying it's halal in a non-Muslim country. We have to inquire and be reasonably certain that it's halal or otherwise best to avoid. There are Halal certifications in certain countries that give out certificates to restaurants and other businesses so, you can try asking for these certificates :insha:

But, yeah, it's a difficult issue, esp. if you get invited to a Muslim's house. REgarding that I've found this:

We should try our level best to only consume that food whose wholesomeness and being halal is certain. If we doubt that the food at certain restaurant may not be halāl, then we should do whatever we can to find out about its ingredients. If for any reason you are unable to find out about the ingredients, then it is best to abstain. When you are invited to your muslim friends, then use discretion. If you are reasonably certain that the friend is muttaqi (cautious) about his consumption then reside your confidence in him and partake of the food. If you are doubtful about him, then accept the invitation and then politely excuse yourself from attending. In this case, use your wisdom to address the importance of halal food at a later appropriate occasion.

http://islamqa.org/hanafi/askimam/6253
      Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
      - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

If you live in England - willowbrook farm in Oxford to halal organic meat butchered there :)
        ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
        "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
        :love: [Al-Imran 3:159] :love:

Comment

So as long I see the halal certificate (usually the colour green) I'm good?

Comment

Originally posted by Creamcake View Post
            Idk this is worrying me too, when somewhere says halal/we ask and they say halal, we eat. but apparently in the UK most animals are stunned through electrocution then slaughtered e.g kfc sister, I think they do that. it's so confusing, I know how u feel, we don't know how they treat them or what food they feed them..

I mean, am I supposed to ask everywhere, our butchers (even tho I never go), takeaways, restaurants etc, what about eating at muslim friends house, I mean, when it clearly says halal, and the ppl are saying its halal that own it, then what.. seriously, where do we draw the line... do I need to go around n investigate the slaughtering boards in all cases where its definitely classed as 'halal' but there's no further information, on whether its stunned/electrocuted first, or whether its been killed the proper way...
            Oh man I love KFC tho lol...

Comment

Is halal food really halal?

HFA - halal food authority is the one with the bad rep.(Kfc is one of them)
              HMC and the other ones seem more legit.
              [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][B][U][CENTER]Oh Allah, in your name, I die and live.[/CENTER][/U][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
              [CENTER]:):lailah::lailah::lailah::lailah::)[/CENTER]

[B][CENTER]Ya Allah, Grant Me A Heart That Sees[/CENTER][/B]

Comment

Originally posted by zantz View Post
                HFA - halal food authority is the one with the bad rep.(Kfc is one of them)
                HMC and the other ones seem more legit.
                yeah exactly, thing is though some places only have halal certificates up without which board it certifies from, and the ppl there don't know either, n like when go to muslim friend's house, supposed to start asking where they got the meat/chicken n whether it's hmc etc, or is that unnecessary suspicion.. if that makes sense.
                And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record�

Comment

Originally posted by kittymuslimah View Post
                  Oh man I love KFC tho lol...
                  lol I used to love it too, a halal one opened in r city n we wer all xcited bout it, n got it quite often too, not realising at the time :( think same with subway n nandos too.

Comment

Originally posted by Creamcake View Post
                    yeah exactly, thing is though some places only have halal certificates up without which board it certifies from, and the ppl there don't know either, n like when go to muslim friend's house, supposed to start asking where they got the meat/chicken n whether it's hmc etc, or is that unnecessary suspicion.. if that makes sense.
                    Yhhh ik what you mean but aslong as the persons muslim and there's no reason to suspect them of eating haram on purpose i'd probably just eat with them but yeah it does get confusing coz alot of muslims dont know that hfa is dodge so why should you take their word for it when they say its halal
                    [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][B][U][CENTER]Oh Allah, in your name, I die and live.[/CENTER][/U][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
                    [CENTER]:):lailah::lailah::lailah::lailah::)[/CENTER]

[B][CENTER]Ya Allah, Grant Me A Heart That Sees[/CENTER][/B]

Comment

Originally posted by zantz View Post
                      Yhhh ik what you mean but aslong as the persons muslim and there's no reason to suspect them of eating haram on purpose i'd probably just eat with them but yeah it does get confusing coz alot of muslims dont know that hfa is dodge so why should you take their word for it when they say its halal
                      Yeah lol, I'm not worried that the people are eating haram, I know they wouldn't ever do that purposefully, it's the hfa thing, because some halal butchers might give Hfc poultry, dang now I come to think of it, even I don't know whether ours is HFA or HMC, because I never go the butchers section to get poultry, only my parents do, and we all just assumed that halal meant halal, in a halal supermarket, and not all this that they might stun/slaughter too..

Comment

If you go on KFC's website they explicitly say how they treat their chicken, including they stun their animal without the animal feeling any harm. They also say a muslim is present and the Qur'an is recited and they slaughter using the hand, not machines. However they claim to be authorised by HFA.

Also theguardian says that 88% of halal companies in england use stunning. source: http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandst...ughter-involve

Is that allowed? :(
                        Last edited by kittymuslimah; 20-12-15, 11:37 PM.

Comment

http://islamqa.info/en/934

Comment

Originally posted by Umm Uthmaan View Post
                            Is KFC okay to eat from as they state the stunning doesnt hurt their chickens?

Comment

Originally posted by kittymuslimah View Post
                              Is KFC okay to eat from as they state the stunning doesnt hurt their chickens?
                              no its not.

stunned meat is haram even if they claim it doesn't hurt it.
                              "There will never cease to remain a group from my Ummah fighting upon the command of Allah, subjugating their enemies. They are not harmed by those who oppose them, until the Hour arrives".

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X