Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are somethings that LOWER the iman [THREAD]?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What are somethings that LOWER the iman [THREAD]?

love for duniyah, in every shape and form, be it wealth, women, kids......

Comment

Originally posted by Creamcake View Post
      Because we're talking about what lowers the Iman brother hence music tv etc..

I agree,babies and kids are the best Masha ' Allah. So innocent and adorable when their young espec and growing up,but they grow up so quick! Masha ' Allah.
      i knew that, My point was why "Muslims" are resorting to these sort of entertainment that aren't even satisfying. It doesn't feed the soul, just keep your eager uselessly for more, like an addiction.

Comment

http://islamqa.info/en/9356

Comment

Originally posted by Mohamed Mifxal View Post
          i knew that, My point was why "Muslims" are resorting to these sort of entertainment that aren't even satisfying. It doesn't feed the soul, just keep your eager uselessly for more, like an addiction.
          Sorry I misunderstood, I see now. Good point. My personal answer is I was brought up watching quite a bit of Tv and i didnt know it was haram till about a year ago. But it was easily given up Alhamdulillah, and part of it is the very reason that u said, it doesnt feed the soul in any way. Its just artificial.
          And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record�
          [al-An�aam 6:59]

Comment

[MENTION=133413]RaadIsaCreature[/MENTION]

Yesterday I was speaking to a wonderful sister and although I didn't know her before, the good advice I got from her and what I benefited from her, I didn't get from all of the time I have spent with my friends, friends I've known for a long time. May Allah reward that sister, ameen.

I was motivated to do better as a Muslim because of her and I realized that even though a lot of times we take too lightly the advice of the Prophet (Saw) to befriend good people and be around them, wallahi it's really beneficial to have them. It's so nice having someone advise you like a real sister and make duaa for you rather than someone trying to convince you to go to the coffee shop and to 'just pray later.' Big difference wallah.

I realized that if I'm spending time with people who take too lightly the commands of Allah (swt) it lowers my own iman which is totally not worth the dunya price of temporary social satisfaction.

-Figs
            Thee do we worship, and Thine aid we seek.

Comment

Originally posted by Figs View Post
              [MENTION=133413]RaadIsaCreature[/MENTION]

Yesterday I was speaking to a wonderful sister and although I didn't know her before, the good advice I got from her and what I benefited from her, I didn't get from all of the time I have spent with my friends, friends I've known for a long time. May Allah reward that sister, ameen.

I was motivated to do better as a Muslim because of her and I realized that even though a lot of times we take too lightly the advice of the Prophet (Saw) to befriend good people and be around them, wallahi it's really beneficial to have them. It's so nice having someone advise you like a real sister and make duaa for you rather than someone trying to convince you to go to the coffee shop and to 'just pray later.' Big difference wallah.

I realized that if I'm spending time with people who take too lightly the commands of Allah (swt) it lowers my own iman which is totally not worth the dunya price of temporary social satisfaction.

-Figs
              I agree with you sister. Thats true, its been said, [in the essence of things] ...."tell me who his friends are and i will tell you who he is......" This one friend of mine, SUBHANALLAH may ALLAH increase him in guidance and Knowledge , all we try to talk about is AKHIRA, JANNAH....ect.

ALHAMDULLILAHI RABBIL ALEMIN.

Comment

Minor sins. If anyone can post the hadith thatd be great. there's one comparing minor sins to little twigs piling up in a fire.

And not praying

Starting something good and stopping (from personal experience)
                Allah sent down his tranquillity upon him and supported him with angels you did not see and made the word of those who disbelieved the lowest, while the word of Allah - that is the highest. And Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise.

Comment

Originally posted by ninety1daisies View Post
                  Wasting time chit-chatting lowers the iman :(
                  In my experience, and that of many others I'm sure, not controlling the tongue is one of the biggest ways to destroy our eeman.

Whether that be lying, arguing, backbiting, idle chat and just talking too much without any purpose - these things will damage your eeman in a huge way.

The best method is to keep to silence as much as possible, only speak when necessary, and of course when you do speak then make your words good and pure. Your eeman will, in sha Allah, see a big increase.

Comment

Originally posted by SimpleTraveller View Post
                    In my experience, and that of many others I'm sure, not controlling the tongue is one of the biggest ways to destroy our eeman.

Whether that be lying, arguing, backbiting, idle chat and just talking too much without any purpose - these things will damage your eeman in a huge way.

The best method is to keep to silence as much as possible, only speak when necessary, and of course when you do speak then make your words good and pure. Your eeman will, in sha Allah, see a big increase.
                    InshaAllah. JazakAllahu Khairan for the reminder.
                    Indeed we belong to Allah,
                    and indeed to Him we will return.

Quran 2:156

Comment

As someone mentioned earlier, wasting of time is a major factor in lowering of imaan

Music, movies and many other things come under this category so lets try to use our time more in the remembrance of Allah insha Allah before its too late
                      Believe
                      there is
                      good in the world

Comment

Overeating.
                        Neglecting cleanliness.
                        Allah is so Great and Merciful that although we continue to disobey Him, He still awaits for our repentance so that He may forgive us.

Comment

accumulating sins and underestimating it =KILLER

reading materials that challenge your aqeedah or filled with kufr, but sugarcoated in beautiful words and masked as wisdom = POISON

my personal weak spot : atheism and nihilism

personally I'm indifferent to music, so it doesn't affect me at all.
                          :GB_bonesrock:
                          And all the heavens go their way.... And only change is here to stay...

Comment

Originally posted by ugabs View Post
                            As someone mentioned earlier, wasting of time is a major factor in lowering of imaan

Music, movies and many other things come under this category so lets try to use our time more in the remembrance of Allah insha Allah before its too late
                            How do you attain the mood to not waste time? I'm stuck trying to find the answer. Where jobs, studies etc come in, hobbies become a neccessity.

Comment

Nothing if you are a Maturidi.
                              Watch those eyes

Comment

What are somethings that LOWER the iman [THREAD]?

over indulging in alot of things
                                [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][B][U][CENTER]Oh Allah, in your name, I die and live.[/CENTER][/U][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
                                [CENTER]:):lailah::lailah::lailah::lailah::)[/CENTER]

[B][CENTER]Ya Allah, Grant Me A Heart That Sees[/CENTER][/B]

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X