Beating Eating Habits....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beating Eating Habits....

In the past eating something unhealthy like chips or chocolate was a rarity, like maybe only on Eid. But yeah, since last year I have started developing a sweet tooth. I am very healthy and yeah, I know I complained of weight before on forum but I'm normal weight, I don't think I ever was past normalweight I've just had a history of adoring extreme skinniness. Now I don't really care, I'm very comfortable with myself now so long that Im healthy.

But for a while now I've been eating literally nothing but junk food, cookies, crackers, chips, juice, basically processed food. Other than the occasional sandwich. I eat a snack like every two hours cuz I'm always hungry.

I am aware that eating bad can give you diabetes, etc. But yeah, my peers and I mostly have the same habits because we're at the age where yeah, we could survive on Doritos and cherry soda

No I have not gained weight so please do not add weight into replies insha allah.

I know I am weird. Normally I eat well, I can eat mostly anything that's on the table but yeah, I noticed that I was disliking protein like noodles or fish or rice, aka normal food. So yeah, after me noticing thatI've been trying to eat 'normal' again and I just feel like Im having no energy. I don't even like eating green spinach, I like pizza and food like that gives me energy to live my life.

Ok so I have two reasons for this thread.

1) Is it ok to eat like this way forever? Or until you return to Allah? Or is it required of me Islamically to 'tie your camel' and take care of my eating? Because of my schedule I do walk a lot so yea....I'm just worrie about whether its bad deen wise.

2) I read in the book Purification of the Soul that a believer shouldn't eat till their full or eat a lot (or was it recommended). Was listed as one of the four poisonous habits. Will it be bad if I take every other precaution to safeguard my deen but eat the way I like to eat?

Ugh, I know I sound like a blob....I promise I am not lol.
    Thee do we worship, and Thine aid we seek.

Re: Beating Eating Habits....

eat figs lol i'm sure they have a lot of health benefits.
    Indeed we belong to Allah,
    and indeed to Him we will return.

Quran 2:156

Comment

Originally posted by ninety1daisies View Post
      eat figs lol i'm sure they have a lot of health benefits.
      Lol I do not enjoy eating figs

Comment

yeah I think we need to try to eat healthy to take care of our bodies. I think that's Islamically required of us.

Comment

Beating Eating Habits....

They are an amanah from allah swt and it probably will because eating too much makes you lazy and if you get some sorta disease or even just high blood pressure it could become much harder for you to practise. Also if its called a POISON so what do you think it would eventually do
          [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][B][U][CENTER]Oh Allah, in your name, I die and live.[/CENTER][/U][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
          [CENTER]:):lailah::lailah::lailah::lailah::)[/CENTER]

[B][CENTER]Ya Allah, Grant Me A Heart That Sees[/CENTER][/B]

Comment

yeah I think we need to try to eat healthy to take care of our bodies. I think that's Islamically required of us.
            Thats what Im worried about. Normal food takes too long to process to energy for me and it doesn't help me get less tired.
            Eating cookies or chocolate does, I get so motivated to study, pray, pray extra, etc.

If I try to quit eating what I do eat cold turkey it might have an effect on how I do things now....which is worrying me.

Originally posted by zantz View Post
            They are an amanah from allah swt and it probably will because eating too much makes you lazy and if you get some sorta disease or even just high blood pressure it could become much harder for you to practise. Also if its called a POISON so what do you think it would eventually do
            You are right. I read in it that filling yourself prevents proper worship, and makes someone lazy.
            I don't really eat too much, but I basically replaced my diet from the food group pyramid to something processed, whether sugary (90%) or salty (10%). And I snack more than usual but if I don't I'll just be dead tired. So I don't get full but Im wondering whether I still must quit whether it's hard or not....

And when Im eating junk I can stay in salah a lot longer, but I found it difficult to pray because I did not eat any sugar for a bit....
            Last edited by Figs; 13-12-15, 01:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Figs View Post
              Thats what Im worried about. Normal food takes too long to process to energy for me and it doesn't help me get less tired.
              Eating cookies or chocolate does, I get so motivated to study, pray, pray extra, etc.

If I try to quit eating what I do eat cold turkey it might have an effect on how I do things now....which is worrying me.

You are right. I read in it that filling yourself prevents proper worship, and makes someone lazy.
              I don't really eat too much, but I basically replaced my diet from the food group pyramid to something processed, whether sugary (90%) or salty (10%). And I snack more than usual but if I don't I'll just be dead tired. So I don't get full but Im wondering whether I still must quit whether it's hard or not....

And when Im eating junk I can stay in salah a lot longer, but I found it difficult to pray because I did not eat any sugar for a bit....
              hmmm I don't know then Figs, I guess you can eat both?

Comment

hmmm I don't know then Figs, I guess you can eat both?
                Eat what both?

Comment

protein like noodles and rice? What?
                  "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

Eat what both?
                    both JUNK and Healthy :) Eat healthy right before you go to sleep and eat Junk for studying and salah?

Comment

both JUNK and Healthy :) Eat healthy right before you go to sleep and eat Junk for studying and salah?
                      Ok, I will try...:) I ate an apple last night because there was nothing else and I felt like it was cardboard because cardboard= zero energy, little taste.

Hopefully it's a matter of getting used to it. I hope.
                      I'm rereading my first post and tbh I feel like a freak. Other people eat junk and can stop when they like...but yea I just had to get hooked

Thank you [MENTION=134214]ninety1daisies[/MENTION] :)

I need more input coming in people.

Comment

First of all, my philosophy is that you can eat anything you want as long as you burn it so WHAT you eat dont matter

Secondly, it is the Sunnah of our Prophet (saw) to always leave 1/3rd of the stomach empty when done eating so try doing that insha Allah and you'll be fine

I also heard somewhere that frequent smaller meals are more healthy than fewer big meals. If it helps...
                        Believe
                        there is
                        good in the world

Comment

Ok, I will try...:) I ate an apple last night because there was nothing else and I felt like it was cardboard because cardboard= zero energy, little taste.

Hopefully it's a matter of getting used to it. I hope.
                          I'm rereading my first post and tbh I feel like a freak. Other people eat junk and can stop when they like...but yea I just had to get hooked

Thank you [MENTION=134214]ninety1daisies[/MENTION] :)

I need more input coming in people.
                          I never enjoyed apples, and for some reason I feel guilty about that.

Comment

Originally posted by ugabs View Post
                            First of all, my philosophy is that you can eat anything you want as long as you burn it so WHAT you eat dont matter

Secondly, it is the Sunnah of our Prophet (saw) to always leave 1/3rd of the stomach empty when done eating so try doing that insha Allah and you'll be fine

I also heard somewhere that frequent smaller meals are more healthy than fewer big meals. If it helps...
                            Thanks ugabs, jazakullahu khair

Not too worried about the being full thing alhamdulillah, I don't feel like I eat until I get full, but just about me snacking a lot (does that count as a lot of eating, hmm) and also whether the junk I'm accumulating that might not be good for me will make me regret it in the akhirah.

I promise I'm not a blob, lol, weight isn't an issue, just my junk food habit is. May Allah forgive me.

Comment

Thanks ugabs, jazakullahu khair

Not too worried about the being full thing alhamdulillah, I don't feel like I eat until I get full, but just about me snacking a lot (does that count as a lot of eating, hmm) and also whether the junk I'm accumulating that might not be good for me will make me regret it in the akhirah.

I promise I'm not a blob, lol, weight isn't an issue, just my junk food habit is. May Allah forgive me.
                              I've seen worse habits

In my opinion, this is not that big an issue
                              Obviously try sneaking in some fruits and vegetables in your diet but yeah, dont worry about it too much.
                              Believe
                              there is
                              good in the world

Comment

Working...
                              X