Waswaas with the clock

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waswaas with the clock

When I am looking at the prayer timetable, I never look once. I look.....a few minutes later after I do something like wash my hands, I think "wait! Was it 5:57? Or was that yesterday?". And I'd check again, and likely get the same doubt a few minutes later. But the doubt isn't mere. Sometimes it gets so major that I feel the doubt is huge and I HAVE to check again, although every time I have checked.....it turned out my gut feeling was true and I think "Oh it WAS 5:57, it was just a waswaa that made me check".

I also focus and stare into the timetable, making sure I am precisely on the correct date and checking the current date to make sure it's right. And I never check once. And I check the current time, and I check again for fear time has probably flew past, I check and it's only been 3 minutes.

This fear came from one event that occured to me once. One day, for Maghrib (about last year), I didn't actually check the timetable, and so I just thought it was 3:51 without checking at all. I went to pray it, and it turned out Maghrib was 3:54, and I found out my prayer was invalid because you must pray in the fixed time, not before.

Ever since then, I cannot check the timetable just once..

Re: Waswaas with the clock

dont entertain the thoughts

once you start giving in and triple checking checking then youve given in

i get similar stuff but just shrug them off coz otherwise ill go loco coco

لا تفكر كثيرا
    بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
    The children need your prayers more than anyone else
    -------------------------------------------------------
    www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by someone12 View Post
      When I am looking at the prayer timetable, I never look once. I look.....a few minutes later after I do something like wash my hands, I think "wait! Was it 5:57? Or was that yesterday?". And I'd check again, and likely get the same doubt a few minutes later. But the doubt isn't mere. Sometimes it gets so major that I feel the doubt is huge and I HAVE to check again, although every time I have checked.....it turned out my gut feeling was true and I think "Oh it WAS 5:57, it was just a waswaa that made me check".

I also focus and stare into the timetable, making sure I am precisely on the correct date and checking the current date to make sure it's right. And I never check once. And I check the current time, and I check again for fear time has probably flew past, I check and it's only been 3 minutes.

This fear came from one event that occured to me once. One day, for Maghrib (about last year), I didn't actually check the timetable, and so I just thought it was 3:51 without checking at all. I went to pray it, and it turned out Maghrib was 3:54, and I found out my prayer was invalid because you must pray in the fixed time, not before.

Ever since then, I cannot check the timetable just once..
      Wa Alaykumussalam,

why don't you check the prayer times in advance, then set an alarm on your phone, alarm clock or ay device alike to this, if you have one. you wont have to constantly worry about the timings this way, as the alarm will go off to signal the timings.

It is a good sign of your imaan that you are so concerned

it could just be waswasa, so ignore that if u can, or a slight symptom of a disorder like ocd.

May Allah s.w.t make it easy upon you. Ameen.
      And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
      [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

Waswaas with the clock

I used to be the same way long time ago. - I know the feeling unfortunately. My problem was with wudu mostly. For example after I made wudu and I'm ready to pray these thoughts come to me and I would think "wait, did I wash my nose or arms?" .. Sometimes I would redo it three times. It used to happen to me in salat too. I would forgot how to pray - randomly forget what I was reciting and how to finish prayer so I would just sit there dumbfounded and not knowing what to do.

In my experience this only distracted me from my prayer and isn't that what shatian wants? To make you think you have great intentions but in reality you're only forgetting to focus on salat and you're mind is so consumed by the time, if your wudu is correct, how your voice sounds reciting and so many other things that we actually forget we were supposed to be focused. I hope it works out for you.

Comment

Thanks everyone. May Allah bless you for your responses. Please do dua for me that it becomes easy.

Comment

Working...
          X