Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Effective fasting routines

Salam alaykum

The prophet recommended fasting for those who cannot marry. How many of you find this effective?

I find that fasting frequently outside of ramadhan tends to raise a few eyebrows. How do you manage this? I am thinking of fasting Mondays and Thursdays and maybe Sundays. For those of you who go the gym do you find this has any negative affect on your performance, what routines work for you?

BarakhAllahu feek

Re: Effective fasting routines

Also I heard there are some days we cannot fast on. What are the rulings on these?

Comment

Originally posted by INeedHope View Post
      Salam alaykum

The prophet recommended fasting for those who cannot marry. How many of you find this effective?

I find that fasting frequently outside of ramadhan tends to raise a few eyebrows. How do you manage this? I am thinking of fasting Mondays and Thursdays and maybe Sundays. For those of you who go the gym do you find this has any negative affect on your performance, what routines work for you?

BarakhAllahu feek
      Lots of people fast for health purposes, such as losing weight so it's a norm, therefore if someone asks just say this.

Also I heard there are some days we cannot fast on. What are the rulings on these?
      Wa Alaykumussalam

BUMP - I've not heard about not being able to fast on certain days.

Anyone...
      And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record
      [al-Anaam 6:59]

Comment

Source

Comment

I read on islamqa you cannot fast on fridays and saturdays unless you fast the day before or after. I will post the link

Comment

Working...
          X