Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird traffic stop

:salams:

So, in January of this year, I drove from Houston to Michigan to see my family. In Louisiana, just shortly after crossing the border, I had a very weird traffic stop.

It was around 5 in the morning, so still dark. In the darkness, I like to remove my niqab as I drive. Since I was stopped, I beGan putting it on, but they ordered me out. So, I stepped out facing away and continued to tie my veil.

I turned around and they had their guns drawn! They demanded to know why I covered my face. I told them I was muslim. They called a female detective to identify me.

As I waited, I was outside in just a cotton abaya whole they sat in their car. Once she arrived she confirmed it was me and my car and then they released me.

But they never said why they pulled me over. And why were their guns drawn initially?
    I don't think they saw into my car to see my hijab.

The whole thing is weird and I get nervous around cops on the highway now.
    لَمْ يَلِدْ وَلَمْ يُولَدْ
    سورة الإخلاص

Re: Weird traffic stop

Firstly, the guns were drawn because your hands were not visible to them and you were moving your veil around...I think after the ordeal of calling a woman over.. they did not even bother to tell you why they stopped you..
    Don't worry, recite ayatul kursi before leaving and some duas on travelling and you will be ok in Sha Allah
    Be thankful they didnt shoot you, you know how American cops are..
    Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

Working...
    X