Time is slipping through our fingers like sand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time is slipping through our fingers like sand

On the authority of Ibn Mas'ud radiallaahu 'anhu who said that the Messenger of Allah sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam said, "The two feet of the son of Adam will not move from near his Lord on the day of Judgement until he is asked about five (matters) about his life - how he spent it; about his youth - how he took care of it; about his wealth - how he earned it; and where he spent it and about that which he acted upon from the knowledge he acquired." (at Tirmidhi, and others, see Saheeh Sunan at-Tirmidhi, no. 1969, and as Silsilah as Saheehah no.946).

I understand most of this hadith, just need an elaboration on "about his youth-how he took care of it" btw till what age is referred to as youth?
    Indeed we belong to Allah,
    and indeed to Him we will return.

Quran 2:156

Re: Time is slipping through our fingers like sand

Originally posted by ninety1daisies View Post
    On the authority of Ibn Mas'ud radiallaahu 'anhu who said that the Messenger of Allah sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam said, "The two feet of the son of Adam will not move from near his Lord on the day of Judgement until he is asked about five (matters) about his life - how he spent it; about his youth - how he took care of it; about his wealth - how he earned it; and where he spent it and about that which he acted upon from the knowledge he acquired." (at Tirmidhi, and others, see Saheeh Sunan at-Tirmidhi, no. 1969, and as Silsilah as Saheehah no.946).

I understand most of this hadith, just need an elaboration on "about his youth-how he took care of it" btw till what age is referred to as youth?
    Youth as we understand it I suppose.
    Also it means in my understanding that how he 'took care of it' would mean whether he benefited and put his time to good use or whether he/she wasted their time and let it wither away.

Allahu a'lam
    Thee do we worship, and Thine aid we seek.

Comment

Re: Time is slipping through our fingers like sand

Originally posted by Figs View Post
      Youth as we understand it I suppose.
      Also it means in my understanding that how he 'took care of it' would mean whether he benefited and put his time to good use or whether he/she wasted their time and let it wither away.

Allahu a'lam
      Okay, inshaAllah. -sigh.
      Indeed we belong to Allah,
      and indeed to Him we will return.

Quran 2:156

Comment

Working...
      X