X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: when your dua was answered and u were left in awe

Originally posted by Figs View Post
    I love dua story threads:inlove:

So this isn't about my own personal duaa, but my mom's. I've mentioned some stories before and here's a fairly recent one.

So there are some extremely competitive courses that students all over campus compete to register for. There is one everyone, all the f students wanted, including me for my program, it's required and not taking it could set me back like a total whole floppin' year. I missed the first day of registration because I forgot and my friend said to me later 'Oh, you won't get the class, it'll already be full by tomorrow'. I didn't believe her.

Next day I try to sign up, the line is so long and lots of ppl skipped their classes to sign up. So luckily I was able to convince a counselor to register me privately online lol (normally they don't do this so I was extremely lucky). Then she said that she can move me up but I'd be number 17 on the waitlist and likely that I won't be added to the class at all!!!!
    I was upset but I told her to sign me up anyway and thanked her. I called my mom on the phone and was very upset about being behind in the plan. She was like 'No worries,, you'll get in the class insha allah,' and I was like 'No, I don't know what to do its full...I need this!' My mom was very calm tho.

So a few days later I look up my schedule online....and subhanallah, I was in the class....
    I didn't believe it. Other people who were above me in the waitlist were irked that I made it in somehow and they didn't lol....
    I couldn't believe it. I tried asking around as to how it's possible....because even if people dropped the class I would have been hearing about it like in another couple of months or so....but in a few days, that was too much!!!

I told my mom and she was like 'I was making dua for you all night because I know how much you really wanted it....' I started crying. I love Allah the King so much, and I love my mom for being so awesome....

I know this story sounds pretty minor but it made me cry so I figure it deserves a spot in this thread;)
    I've realised in my own experience too thay parent's dua for their children almost always get granted. Maasha Allah

Comment

lol i loved ur stroy the most :)

Comment

:wswrwb:

I was in a very difficult situation a couple of months, I was crying and making dua because I was being chased by a man....my dua was answered immediately which consequently saved me from any harm

Wallahi this was the most traumatic day of my life
        "O you who are patient! Bear a little, just a little more remains

Enter your emotion and it gives you a dua!

Comment

When I was in a 'confused' stage and didn't know whether to stay Shia or join the Ahlul Sunnah. I prayed to Allah to guide me using the Quran. I opened the Quran and the first ayah my eyes saw was the Ayah saying "The wives of Hz Muhammad are the Mothers of the Believers" :D. Keep in mind that Shias don't believe that the wives of the Prophet (saw) are Ummul Mumineen.
          Nice being here, but better I delete this account to study. Nice meeting y'all!
          Maybe I'll be back someday...

Comment

Salaam can someone please tell me what is the source of this dua and is it sahih? JazakAllahu Khairan.

Allahumma inni a'udhu bika min zawali ni'matika, wa tahawwuli 'afiyatika, wa fuja'ati niqmatika, wa jami'i sakhatika

O Allah! I seek refuge in You from the decline of Your blessings, the removal of your safety, the sudden onset of Your punishment, and from all that displeases you.
            Indeed we belong to Allah,
            and indeed to Him we will return.

Quran 2:156

Comment

Originally posted by Figs View Post
              what's a nazar?
              and isn't evil eye called 'ayn lol?

I thought you couldn't get the evil eye online
              haha sis this made me laugh so much...and I don't know if you can or not ... may Allah protect us all. ameen.

Comment

*BUMP see post #20

Comment

Originally posted by ninety1daisies View Post
                  *BUMP see post #20
                  Seen

Comment

Originally posted by ashmeo View Post
                    Seen
                    and you don't know do you lol. -_-

Comment

and you don't know do you lol. -_-
                      I see people saying Prophet Muhammad said it but can't find any references to books.

https://www.facebook.com/imamomarsul...43858052300902
                      https://hgoldar.wordpress.com/2015/1...sudden-change/

I don't see why a Dua needs to have a reference anyways. Unless it promises some sort of reward for reading it. If you need it, just ask Allah.

Comment

I see people saying Prophet Muhammad said it but can't find any references to books.

I don't see why a Dua needs to have a reference anyways. Unless it promises some sort of reward for reading it. If you need it, just ask Allah.
                        I would think that saying duas that prophet pbuh himself recited or duas mentioned in the Quran would have more chances of being accepted

Comment

I do see your point though. I was reciting this dua with the intention that perhaps the prophet pbuh said it or it's a dua in the Quran and saying it will allow for a specific unknown harm to be removed from my way by the will of Allah. But you're right, I can renew my intention and just recite it in English just as the meaning states, since it is a good meaning. Dua is dua I guess.

Comment

I do see your point though. I was reciting this dua with the intention that perhaps the prophet pbuh said it or it's a dua in the Quran and saying it will allow for a specific unknown harm to be removed from my way by the will of Allah. But you're right, I can renew my intention and just recite it in English just as the meaning states, since it is a good meaning. Dua is dua I guess.
                            :jkk: for sharing, didn't know of the dua but I sure do need it.

Comment

:jkk: for sharing, didn't know of the dua but I sure do need it.
                              Okay, but just to make it clear I don't know where it came from so yeah.

Comment

Okay, but just to make it clear I don't know where it came from so yeah.
                                I'll tell anyone who wants the source to look for ninety1daisies

Comment

Working...
                                X