• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Overcoming Anxiety

Originally posted by Figs View Post
    [MENTION=134214]ninety1daisies[/MENTION]

I totally agree sis :)

I admire how you dealt with it (and managed to explain it in one paragraph ;)

Insha allah a thread needs to be made about this....there are hundreds of threads and I want to make sure people on forum who have had this in the past to be able to have access to the resources in one thread and know that they are not alone.
    I still deal with it everyday. It's just not as bad as it was Alhamdulillah. Yeahhh :), that's a great idea. You can start creating it at your own pace inshaAllah, it doesn't have to be completed/finished in one go :)
    Indeed we belong to Allah,
    and indeed to Him we will return.

Quran 2:156

Comment

I have anxiety, never been properly diagnosed but I saw a doctor, then a therapist for it.

That has helped, I'm also on medication but if you start taking medication you may be on it for a very long time. Which is the downside for me, although it has helped, but here I am wanting to get off of it but no one wants to me too because they don't feel I'm ready.

Praying usually helps me out, and making dua or just talking to Allah swt in general.

Comment

Originally posted by brightesthour View Post
        I have anxiety, never been properly diagnosed but I saw a doctor, then a therapist for it.

That has helped, I'm also on medication but if you start taking medication you may be on it for a very long time. Which is the downside for me, although it has helped, but here I am wanting to get off of it but no one wants to me too because they don't feel I'm ready.

Praying usually helps me out, and making dua or just talking to Allah swt in general.
        May Allah make it easy for you so that inshaAllah you don't even need meds anymore.

Comment

Did a psychiatrist prescribe the meds sister?

Sometimes they can overprescribe or keep someone on meds even when they don't need them. Make sure your system does not become dependant on them or else it will be hard to adjust to yourself once you do get off of them insha allah.

I'm happy I'm not the only sis I know who's been thru social anxiety :)
          Thee do we worship, and Thine aid we seek.

Comment

[MENTION=125704]Figs[/MENTION] your avatar. cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute lol cute cute cute cute cute!!!!! I love chubby little pandas.

Comment

Originally posted by ninety1daisies View Post
              I still deal with it everyday. It's just not as bad as it was Alhamdulillah. Yeahhh :), that's a great idea. You can start creating it at your own pace inshaAllah, it doesn't have to be completed/finished in one go :)
              Thanks sis, I'm pretty much like you. I'm still on my way but personally I am much better than I was before.

I love Allah, He helps us through thick and thin.

Comment

[MENTION=125704]Figs[/MENTION] your avatar. cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute lol cute cute cute cute cute!!!!! I love chubby little pandas.
                Lol yea, I was gonna make one of the Jannah Jewels girls cartoon (didja hear of them before). But then I wasn't sure whether it would be right since there are brothers on forum (even if tis is cartoon) so I decided to choose a cutie avatar. :)

Comment

Thanks sis, I'm pretty much like you. I'm still on my way but personally I am much better than I was before.

I love Allah, He helps us through thick and thin.
                  Yes, I always made dua. And it was answered because afterwards I was able to look at the situation in a different light which has really helped me.

Comment

Lol yea, I was gonna make one of the Jannah Jewels girls cartoon (didja hear of them before). But then I wasn't sure whether it would be right since there are brothers on forum (even if tis is cartoon) so I decided to choose a cutie avatar. :)
                    lol I don't know what those are sounds like little cute cartoon girls with big jewel like eyes.

Comment

Did a psychiatrist prescribe the meds sister?

Sometimes they can overprescribe or keep someone on meds even when they don't need them. Make sure your system does not become dependant on them or else it will be hard to adjust to yourself once you do get off of them insha allah.

I'm happy I'm not the only sis I know who's been thru social anxiety :)
                      Nope I never saw a psychiatrist. Basically I went to my doctor a couple years ago and told her I was having anxiety and panic attacks. She was like okay, well I'm gonna prescribe you this, she explained what it was and that she used to take it because she'd have anxiety about driving. Then she said she was going to give me a number to a therapist that I can talk to. The therapist couldn't diagnose me or give me medication, she was just there for me to talk to.

So I saw my therapist for about a year but had to stop due to me losing my insurance. All the doctors I have seen from then have told me to stay on medication. My doctor now wants me to see a psychiatrist though so they can find the best medication for me, since the one I'm on now has its negatives like weight gain, drowsiness, etc. I do hope to get off of it soon though!

May Allah make it easy for you so that inshaAllah you don't even need meds anymore.
                      Thank you sis :) :jkk:

Comment

Something I do is have a mental set of Questions to ask to spark or keep a conversation going.
                        Nice being here, but better I delete this account to study. Nice meeting y'all!
                        Maybe I'll be back someday...

Comment

Nope I never saw a psychiatrist. Basically I went to my doctor a couple years ago and told her I was having anxiety and panic attacks. She was like okay, well I'm gonna prescribe you this, she explained what it was and that she used to take it because she'd have anxiety about driving. Then she said she was going to give me a number to a therapist that I can talk to. The therapist couldn't diagnose me or give me medication, she was just there for me to talk to.

So I saw my therapist for about a year but had to stop due to me losing my insurance. All the doctors I have seen from then have told me to stay on medication. My doctor now wants me to see a psychiatrist though so they can find the best medication for me, since the one I'm on now has its negatives like weight gain, drowsiness, etc. I do hope to get off of it soon though!

Thank you sis :) :jkk:
                          I see, yea, that's good then. Your dad is right, psychiatrists specialize in behaviroal health and anxiety disorders so going to one would be a good move. They probably will prescribe a more efficient medication without any side effects insha allah. :up:

Remember, me and ninety are here for you if you ever have any struggles insha allah :)

Ameen to ninety1daisies' duaa.

Comment

Yes, I always made dua. And it was answered because afterwards I was able to look at the situation in a different light which has really helped me.
                            Masha allah, that is wonderful, duaa does help. I believe someone on the forum once said duaa is the weapon of the believer :)

lol I don't know what those are sounds like little cute cartoon girls with big jewel like eyes.
                            It's a cartoon of a group of (cute) hijabi girls, they are a gang called the Jannah Jewels. A Muslim sister wrote books about them. I don't know whether there are a cartoon series on them or not.

Image Below: (brothers- do not look)

http://orig05.deviantart.net/8e1d/f/...ak-d3d2e83.jpg

Comment

I see, yea, that's good then. Your dad is right, psychiatrists specialize in behaviroal health and anxiety disorders so going to one would be a good move. They probably will prescribe a more efficient medication without any side effects insha allah. :up:

Remember, me and ninety are here for you if you ever have any struggles insha allah :)

Ameen to ninety1daisies' duaa.
                              [MENTION=107240]brightesthour[/MENTION] [MENTION=125704]Figs[/MENTION] for sure inshaAllah :) we can motivate and support each other in these struggles.

Comment

Masha allah, that is wonderful, duaa does help. I believe someone on the forum once said duaa is the weapon of the believer :)

It's a cartoon of a group of (cute) hijabi girls, they are a gang called the Jannah Jewels. A Muslim sister wrote books about them. I don't know whether there are a cartoon series on them or not.

Image Below: (brothers- do not look)

http://orig05.deviantart.net/8e1d/f/...ak-d3d2e83.jpg
                                [MENTION=107240]brightesthour[/MENTION] [MENTION=125704]Figs[/MENTION] for sure inshaAllah :) we can motivate and support each other in these struggles.
                                Thanks ladies :) I'm here for you too! If you all ever need someone to talk with or rant to, feel free to PM me :)

Comment

Working...
                                X