Pardah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pardah

[MENTION=132027]AnonymousAS[/MENTION] [MENTION=113742]GoogleSlayer[/MENTION] Yo, stop your stupid arguments on my thread, if you wanna discuss the topic then fine but if you wanna argue go elsewhere please.

Comment

Originally posted by muslimah4life1 View Post
      you gotta wait quite a bit i think, you need to have a specific amount of posts i think, not too sure sorry bro
      Okay, no worries baji.

Comment

Originally posted by Moment View Post
        Erm actually I don't think you agree that the level of gheerah displayed in some cultures is excessive and borderline oppressive. For instance not allowing females to go to school, gain any kind of knowledge etc. That lifestyle wont work outside of those cultures/socities/villages because there are no social setups that can sustain that kind of arrangements like, special female-only markets, female-only hospitals etc in the West. Fact is, if a man in the West sees the face of your female relative it wont be first female face he has seen.
        Well if we look at the gheerah of the Sahabah RA we see they were excessive in gheerah compared to the little amount people have these days.

Sa`d bin Ubada said, "If I found a man with my wife, I would kill him with the sharp side of my sword." When the Prophet (ﷺ) heard that he said, "Do you wonder at Sa`d's sense of ghira (self-respect)? Verily, I have more sense of ghira than Sa`d, and Allah has more sense of ghira than I." (Bukhari)

Abu al-Sa’ib said I went to visit Abu Sa’ld al-Khudri, and while I was sitting I heard a movement under under his couch. When I looked and found a snake there, I got up. Abu Sa’ld said:
        what is with you? I said : Here is a snake. He said : what do you want ? I said : I shall kill it. He then pointed to a room in his house in front of his room and said : My cousin (son of my uncle) was in this room. He asked his permission to go to his wife on the occasion of the battle of Troops (Ahzab), as he was recently married. The Messenger of Allah (May peace be upon him) gave him permission and ordered him to take his weapon with him. He came to his house and found his wife standing at the door of the house. When he pointed to her with the lance, she said; do not make haste till you see what has brought me out. He entered the house and found an ugly snake there. He pierced in the lance while it was quivering. He said : I do not know which of them died first, the man or the snake. His people then came to the Messenger of Allah (May peace be upon him) and said: supplicate Allah to restore our companion to life for us. He said : Ask forgiveness for your Companion. Then he said : In Medina a group of Jinn have embraced Islam, so when you see one of them, pronounce a waring to it three times and if it appears to you after that, kill it after three days. (Susan Abi Dawud)

Ali RA said "I was informed that your women crowd together with strangers in the markets; are you not ashamed of yourselves? Have you not got any sense of gheerah? There is no good in people who have no gheerah." (Musnad Imam Ahmed and Mughni)

So as you can see here are a few ahadith that point out the gheerah of the Sahaba RA, there are many more too which I will be hoary to provide.

But not having gheerah is a dangerous thing.

Comment

Originally posted by GoogleSlayer View Post
          looooooool i told you bro. She is so desperate for attention. Always jumping on threads where she can provoke controversy etc. Looks like she has some serious issues apart from being a serial Liar! :p
          according to you ive lied about one issue. so here u are lying again.

stop stalking me!!! :D

Comment

Anyhow OP has already asked for ppl to stop derailing his thread. I shall refrain from further posts.

Comment

[email protected], the examples you have given are normal gheerah which is good. The problem is the version Im talking about where you stop females from gaining knowledge like in certain cultures where females are banned from the masjid and also have no women's prayer area. Some mothers cannot read or write which is their basic right and obligatory on them according to hadith. In such cases it is excessive sense of gheerah/jealousy that can lead to injustices like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Moment View Post
                [email protected], the examples you have given are normal gheerah which is good. The problem is the version Im talking about where you stop females from gaining knowledge like in certain cultures where females are banned from the masjid and also have no women's prayer area. Some mothers cannot read or write which is their basic right and obligatory on them according to hadith. In such cases it is excessive sense of gheerah/jealousy that can lead to injustices like this.
                Well women going to the Mosque is Makruh Tahrimi or even Haram in Hanafi madhab which is the predominant opinion followed by our culture, I can provide proof for that too. Also it is better for women to pray at home as mentioned in many Ahadith.

There is nothing wrong with women being educated as long as it doesnt involve women mixing with men etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Winter View Post
                  Don't know why people keep blaming the West they didn't out a gun on anyone's head. It's not like we can blame the shaytaan on the day of judgement.
                  Hmm, actually, they did. Most (if not all) of Muslim countries got invaded, robbed, and forced to practice democracy. People don't just change in one day after centuries invasions and enslavement. And actually, right now as we speak, they are still invading some Muslim countries at gun point. Shaytaan doesn't do that. So human shayaateen can be worse than Shaytan himself.
                  But yes, as adult Muslims, it's everyone's responsibility to strive in making changes. And many actually do Alhamdulillah.
                  *"None of you truly believes until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself."* [Al-Bukhari & Muslim]
                  "Mindless are those who only jump when told to jump, cry when told to cry, and laugh when told to laugh. Indeed, they are but sheep." TheStrivingUmmi

Comment

Originally posted by Oum Soumayyah View Post
                    Hmm, actually, they did. Most (if not all) of Muslim countries got invaded, robbed, and forced to practice democracy. People don't just change in one day after centuries invasions and enslavement. And actually, right now as we speak, they are still invading some Muslim countries at gun point. Shaytaan doesn't do that. So human shayaateen can be worse than Shaytan himself.
                    But yes, as adult Muslims, it's everyone's responsibility to strive in making changes. And many actually do Alhamdulillah.
                    Yeah thats true but most have only truly left their tradition and religion behind more recently, due to moving to the West or being affected through social media whilst remaining in their country.

Comment

Working...
                    X