• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @fedayeen
    replied
    Re: Beard is too old school

Originally posted by Mohamed Mifxal View Post
    the kuffar have this regular cycle of trend called the hipster beard, it has made a comeback after the 70's...this is where some "muslims" will consider is ok to have one. You know what our prophet (saw) and his companions had thick long full beards
    So many non Muslim men grow thick beards sometimes it's difficult to know if they're actual Muslims (and then you see the extensive arm and neck tattoos and there's no doubt they're not) and I've seen some who even trim their mustaches too lol! Just having the beard doesn't distinguish Muslim men from others these days because of it's popularity.

Leave a comment:

• Winter
    replied

Originally posted by Zesty View Post
    Manz ain't a man without no beard bro
    The whole world has gone mad to be honest. Men acting like women and dressing like women, women acting all butch and man like.
    I disagree.

Leave a comment:

• Deeni Akh
    replied

A lion without his mane is a cat

Leave a comment:

• Mohamed Mifxal
    replied

the kuffar have this regular cycle of trend called the hipster beard, it has made a comeback after the 70's...this is where some "muslims" will consider is ok to have one. You know what our prophet (saw) and his companions had thick long full beards

Leave a comment:

• shezad
    replied

I started growing my beard just over 2 years ago, I went through a real a difficult time and the strain of it caused me not to shave for weeks, so you could say Alhumdulilah it was a blessing in disguise.

Now, Mash'Allah, I can't even imagine my life without it.

Although it didn't happen over night, I found that the more I took an interest in Islam, things snow balled into great effect, I found myself being constantly in Wudu, praying 5 times, praying Tahajud, fasting Mon & Thurs outside Ramadhan, I found myself thirsty and hungry for more....I'd buy booklets, research literature online, listen to lectures via youtube, instead of letting prayer beads dangle from my reart view mirror like a piece of decoration (Astagfirullah) I actually started to do Dikhr with them, instead of being sat in traffic listening to music, I started to listen to Quran recitation aswell using my prayer beads.

I started to feel a stronger connection with Allah SWT spiritually, I do get weird looks as do many other brothers and sisters (whom wear Hijab). The path of a mo'min was never intended to be an easy one, it's a constant struggle.

Leave a comment:

• Kiro
    replied

Originally posted by Zoha_R View Post
    Shaving is so unnatural.
    Beards look better.
    Don't run blades across your face unnecessarily.
    Real men have beards.
    :banbear:
    Even if it is very trimmed?

Leave a comment:

• Linkdeutscher
    replied

Originally posted by Zoha_R View Post
    Shaving is so unnatural.
    Beards look better.
    Real men have beards.
    Till today, I've not been able to fathom why men have this weird urge every morning to pick up a blade and run it over their faces and come out looking like a hermaphrodite.

Leave a comment:

• Linkdeutscher
    replied

Originally posted by Ibn Taleb View Post
    Salaam
    @Umar123 kindly mentioned that imam shafis view on the ruling was that it is makrooh however Umar does that negate that it is wajib? If makrooh is one level under haraam then isn't wajib one level under fardh?

Imam Shafi said shaving is haraam.

Leave a comment:

• Umar123
    replied

Salaam

I read about imam shafi and how imam nawawi is the most learned of imam shafi followers and he came to such a conclusion , in other words you are right jzk Allah khayr .. i did not know this..

Im aware that the "lihaa" means only the jawbone and u can shave/trim around that as people say... however i honetly did not know imam shafis position on this and that there were differnt rulings on the lihya..
    Yeah in the Shafi and Maliki madhabs lihya is considered that which grows on the chin.

Leave a comment:

• Zoha_R
    replied

Shaving is so unnatural.
    Beards look better.
    Real men have beards.

Leave a comment:

• Umar123
    replied

Salaam
    [MENTION=134041]Umar123[/MENTION] kindly mentioned that imam shafis view on the ruling was that it is makrooh however Umar does that negate that it is wajib? If makrooh is one level under haraam then isn't wajib one level under fardh?
    There's one statement from Imam Shafi RA that it is haram but the majority of the Shafi scholars went towards the view that it is makruh such as Imam Nawawi RA whose fatwa is the relied upon view in the madhab.

Leave a comment:

• Kiro
    replied

There are health benefits to having a beard. Seriously. Therefore, a lot more pros to have a beard then not having one.

Leave a comment:

• Ibn Taleb
    replied

Originally posted by Zesty View Post
    Manz ain't a man without no beard bro
    The whole world has gone mad to be honest. Men acting like women and dressing like women, women acting all butch and man like.
    Hear hear

Leave a comment:

• Ibn Taleb
    replied

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
    Shaving is a sin. Don't pull the DOO card to justify your shaving.
    Salaam
    [MENTION=134041]Umar123[/MENTION] kindly mentioned that imam shafis view on the ruling was that it is makrooh however Umar does that negate that it is wajib? If makrooh is one level under haraam then isn't wajib one level under fardh?

Leave a comment:

• Linkdeutscher
    replied

Shaving is a sin. Don't pull the DOO card to justify your shaving.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X