X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Beard is too old school

Originally posted by Figs View Post
    I gave up convincing the rest of my family lol
    But my little brother is up for it and quite serious abt it too.
    Salaam

Masha Allah that's very good . I knew a family who was very keen on the deen they did not stop their children from shaving but they taught them from an early age to never shave with a blade and now Masha Allah they have the best beards !
    youth before your old age, your health before your sickness, your wealth before your poverty, your free time before you are preoccupied, and your life before your deathhttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgE...kS-Qi3nf3tcvPw

Comment

Shaving is a sin. Don't pull the DOO card to justify your shaving.
      You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
        Shaving is a sin. Don't pull the DOO card to justify your shaving.
        Salaam
        [MENTION=134041]Umar123[/MENTION] kindly mentioned that imam shafis view on the ruling was that it is makrooh however Umar does that negate that it is wajib? If makrooh is one level under haraam then isn't wajib one level under fardh?
        youth before your old age, your health before your sickness, your wealth before your poverty, your free time before you are preoccupied, and your life before your deathhttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgE...kS-Qi3nf3tcvPw

Comment

Originally posted by Zesty View Post
          Manz ain't a man without no beard bro
          The whole world has gone mad to be honest. Men acting like women and dressing like women, women acting all butch and man like.
          Hear hear

Comment

There are health benefits to having a beard. Seriously. Therefore, a lot more pros to have a beard then not having one.
            https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/lo...-qur-an-courseI am just a simple nomad.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

Originally posted by Ibn Taleb View Post
              Salaam
              [MENTION=134041]Umar123[/MENTION] kindly mentioned that imam shafis view on the ruling was that it is makrooh however Umar does that negate that it is wajib? If makrooh is one level under haraam then isn't wajib one level under fardh?
              There's one statement from Imam Shafi RA that it is haram but the majority of the Shafi scholars went towards the view that it is makruh such as Imam Nawawi RA whose fatwa is the relied upon view in the madhab.

Comment

Shaving is so unnatural.
                Beards look better.
                Don't run blades across your face unnecessarily.
                Real men have beards.
                :banbear:

Comment

Salaam

I read about imam shafi and how imam nawawi is the most learned of imam shafi followers and he came to such a conclusion , in other words you are right jzk Allah khayr .. i did not know this..

Im aware that the "lihaa" means only the jawbone and u can shave/trim around that as people say... however i honetly did not know imam shafis position on this and that there were differnt rulings on the lihya..
                  Yeah in the Shafi and Maliki madhabs lihya is considered that which grows on the chin.

Comment

Salaam
                    @Umar123 kindly mentioned that imam shafis view on the ruling was that it is makrooh however Umar does that negate that it is wajib? If makrooh is one level under haraam then isn't wajib one level under fardh?

Imam Shafi said shaving is haraam.
                    You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoha_R View Post
                      Shaving is so unnatural.
                      Beards look better.
                      Real men have beards.
                      Till today, I've not been able to fathom why men have this weird urge every morning to pick up a blade and run it over their faces and come out looking like a hermaphrodite.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoha_R View Post
                        Shaving is so unnatural.
                        Beards look better.
                        Real men have beards.
                        Even if it is very trimmed?
                        https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/lo...-qur-an-courseI am just a simple nomad.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

I started growing my beard just over 2 years ago, I went through a real a difficult time and the strain of it caused me not to shave for weeks, so you could say Alhumdulilah it was a blessing in disguise.

Now, Mash'Allah, I can't even imagine my life without it.

Although it didn't happen over night, I found that the more I took an interest in Islam, things snow balled into great effect, I found myself being constantly in Wudu, praying 5 times, praying Tahajud, fasting Mon & Thurs outside Ramadhan, I found myself thirsty and hungry for more....I'd buy booklets, research literature online, listen to lectures via youtube, instead of letting prayer beads dangle from my reart view mirror like a piece of decoration (Astagfirullah) I actually started to do Dikhr with them, instead of being sat in traffic listening to music, I started to listen to Quran recitation aswell using my prayer beads.

I started to feel a stronger connection with Allah SWT spiritually, I do get weird looks as do many other brothers and sisters (whom wear Hijab). The path of a mo'min was never intended to be an easy one, it's a constant struggle.
                          He who loses money, loses much.

He who loses a friend, loses more.

He who loses faith, loses ALL.

Comment

the kuffar have this regular cycle of trend called the hipster beard, it has made a comeback after the 70's...this is where some "muslims" will consider is ok to have one. You know what our prophet (saw) and his companions had thick long full beards

Comment

A lion without his mane is a cat

Comment

Originally posted by Zesty View Post
                                Manz ain't a man without no beard bro
                                The whole world has gone mad to be honest. Men acting like women and dressing like women, women acting all butch and man like.
                                I disagree.

Comment

Working...
                                X