Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Beard is too old school

Originally posted by ForeverMonotheist1 View Post
    Brother, i will grow Training Day Beard, and never shave it insha Allah.

Beard of Hamza Yusuf hafidullaah is also good style Masha Allah

what is training beard day?

Also Hamza Yusuf said his beard is like that naturally, you can't purposely trim it like that!
    You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
      what is training beard day?

Also Hamza Yusuf said his beard is like that naturally, you can't purposely trim it like that!

Akhi you sure this is naturally beard? And not fashioned beard?

I meant the beard of Denzel washington inTraining Day.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Humza-Yusuf.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	406.3 KB
ID:	10760274

Comment

Originally posted by Ibn Taleb View Post
        Salaam

Yes pbuh and all the prophets did too pbut... But some people don't live life according to "Allah swt said or the Prophet pbuh said " unfortunately
        yeah exactly, it's sad, over here too its the same..

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverMonotheist1 View Post
          Akhi you sure this is naturally beard? And not fashioned beard?

I meant the beard of Denzel washington inTraining Day.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]80928[/ATTACH]
          Salaam

Shaykh hamza said that he has never touched his beard and it grows naturally like that, he dosent shave and condemns scholars who do it. let me find the vid and get back to you insha Allah

edit : found it .... does hamza yusuf practice what he preaches ??? ofc he does
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdXFnY_-9-s
          Last edited by Ibn Taleb; 19-11-15, 08:21 PM.
          youth before your old age, your health before your sickness, your wealth before your poverty, your free time before you are preoccupied, and your life before your deathhttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgE...kS-Qi3nf3tcvPw

Comment

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته جميعا

What is the proper response to " why should I grow a beard that was only back in those days".. We here this rhetoric a lot these days even though the beard is wajb .. We condemn women for not wearing a hijab whereas we have a uniform as well . With that said , this is the response you get after giving the brother the evidences that pertain to it. So how would u respond to such a statement without evidences .

I don't like pestering people so I told him a beard is wajib here is the evidences have a nice day then he said that
            I am not going to use ur answrs for to refute him it's just for future reference

شكرا
            جزاكم الله خير
            Well there is difference of opinion as in the Shafi Madhab scholars such as Imam Nawawi gave the fatwa that shaving and trimming the beard is makruh and so there is legitimate difference of opinion. You can't say anything to anyone just because they follow a different opinion to you.

Also in Shafi madhab beard is considered that which grows on the chin and so all other facial hair would not come under the ruling of "lihya".

Comment

Originally posted by Umar123 View Post
              Well there is difference of opinion as in the Shafi Madhab scholars such as Imam Nawawi gave the fatwa that shaving and trimming the beard is makruh and so there is legitimate difference of opinion. You can't say anything to anyone just because they follow a different opinion to you.

Also in Shafi madhab beard is considered that which grows on the chin and so all other facial hair would not come under the ruling of "lihya".
              Also Imam Al Ghazali :) (I need to check this though).

Comment

Originally posted by الغزالي View Post
                Also Imam Al Ghazali :) (I need to check this though).
                Imam Ghazali RA went as far as to say its mubah to shave but Imam Nawawi RA and Imam Ramli RA corrected him and made the official position that it is makruh.

Comment

Originally posted by Umar123 View Post

Salaam

I read about imam shafi and how imam nawawi is the most learned of imam shafi followers and he came to such a conclusion , in other words you are right jzk Allah khayr .. i did not know this..

Im aware that the "lihaa" means only the jawbone and u can shave/trim around that as people say... however i honetly did not know imam shafis position on this and that there were differnt rulings on the lihya..
                  youth before your old age, your health before your sickness, your wealth before your poverty, your free time before you are preoccupied, and your life before your deathhttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgE...kS-Qi3nf3tcvPw

Comment

The way some people are about the beard....it's like saying a sister shouldn't wear niqab or hijab because it's *old school*

Let the beard growwwwwwwwwww

Comment

Originally posted by brightesthour View Post
                      The way some people are about the beard....it's like saying a sister shouldn't wear niqab or hijab because it's *old school*

Let the beard growwwwwwwwwww
                      +1

Comment

+1
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	kuR2WoH.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	10760281

Lol

Comment

Originally posted by brightesthour View Post
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]80938[/ATTACH]

Lol
                          lol , Beardpunzel

Comment

lol , Beardpunzel
                            Bropunzel* :applouse:
                            [MENTION=88623]ibzy[/MENTION] used to have that avatar for the longest time lol

Comment

Manz ain't a man without no beard bro
                              The whole world has gone mad to be honest. Men acting like women and dressing like women, women acting all butch and man like.
                              *~* Learn Patience from Aasiyah (RA); Loyalty from Khadhija (RA); Sincerity from Aisha (RA) and Steadfastness from Fatima (RA).*~*

Comment

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته جميعا

What is the proper response to " why should I grow a beard that was only back in those days".. We here this rhetoric a lot these days even though the beard is wajb .. We condemn women for not wearing a hijab whereas we have a uniform as well . With that said , this is the response you get after giving the brother the evidences that pertain to it. So how would u respond to such a statement without evidences .

I don't like pestering people so I told him a beard is wajib here is the evidences have a nice day then he said that
                                I am not going to use ur answrs for to refute him it's just for future reference

شكرا
                                جزاكم الله خير
                                I gave up convincing the rest of my family lol
                                But my little brother is up for it and quite serious abt it too.
                                Thee do we worship, and Thine aid we seek.

Comment

Working...
                                X