Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beard is too old school

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته جميعا

What is the proper response to " why should I grow a beard? That was only back in those days (olden times)".. We hear this rhetoric a lot these days even though the beard is wajb .. We condemn women for not wearing a hijab whereas we have a uniform as well . With that said , this is the response you get after giving the brother the evidences that pertain to it. So how would u respond to such a statement without evidences .

I don't like pestering people so I told him a beard is wajib here is the evidences have a nice day then he said that (the above)....
    I am not going to use ur answers to refute him , it's just for future reference ...

شكرا
    جزاكم الله خير
    Last edited by Ibn Taleb; 22-11-15, 11:05 AM. Reason: Typo
    The Prophet (saw) advised to: “Take benefit of five before five: Your youth before your old age, your health before your sickness, your wealth before your poverty, your free time before you are preoccupied, and your life before your death
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgE...kS-Qi3nf3tcvPw

Re: Beard is too old school

Originally posted by Ibn Taleb View Post
    السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته جميعا

What is the proper response to " why should I grow a beard that was only back in those days".. We here this rhetoric a lot these days even though the beard is wajb .. We condemn women for not wearing a hijab whereas we have a uniform as well . With that said , this is the response you get after giving the brother the evidences that pertain to it. So how would u respond to such a statement without evidences .

I don't like pestering people so I told him a beard is wajib here is the evidences have a nice day then he said that
    I am not going to use ur answrs for to refute him it's just for future reference

شكرا
    جزاكم الله خير
    reply them, wearing clothes is way back in time, we should run naked on the streets...like the kuffar

the point is. Shariah isn't based on time and culture, its fixed

Comment

Originally posted by Mohamed Mifxal View Post
      reply them, wearing clothes is way back in time, we should run naked on the streets...like the kuffar

the point is. Shariah isn't based on time and culture, its fixed
      السلام

Yes that does make sense .. Ofc sharia is timeless.. Subhan Allah
      The Prophet (saw) advised to: “Take benefit of five before five: Your youth before your old age, your health before your sickness, your wealth before your poverty, your free time before you are preoccupied, and your life before your death

Comment

Wa Alaykumussalam
        It's Wajib, so its compulsory, and our beloved prophet Muhammad s.a.w had a beard.
        And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
        [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

The only way a Muslim man can be recognised as a muslim really is if he has a beard. Does he not want to proclaim his faith via how he looks?

And this is totally unrelated to Islam, but beards are old school? They're more fashionable now then ever, even amongst non muslim men. Or maybe its mostly a british trend.
          But anyway thats besides the point lol. Just found that odd.

Comment

Originally posted by Creamcake View Post
            Wa Alaykumussalam
            It's Wajib, so its compulsory, and our beloved prophet Muhammad s.a.w had a beard.
            Salaam

Yes pbuh and all the prophets did too pbut... But some people don't live life according to "Allah swt said or the Prophet pbuh said " unfortunately

Comment

Originally posted by MyUsernameIs... View Post
              The only way a Muslim man can be recognised as a muslim really is if he has a beard. Does he not want to proclaim his faith via how he looks?

And this is totally unrelated to Islam, but beards are old school? They're more fashionable now then ever, even amongst non muslim men. Or maybe its mostly a british trend.
              But anyway thats besides the point lol. Just found that odd.
              Salaam

The beard is a big issue with Muslims who live in muslim countries , they think that it's only reserved for shaykhs and imams

Comment

Since shaving is an innovation, your question should be why do YOU shave?
                You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
                  Since shaving is an innovation, your question should be why do YOU shave?
                  Salaam

Although that makes it of sense the guy is not taking evidences right now lol . It's not about him though we hear this too much so I was wondering what u guys think . "Growing a beard was only in the prophets time it dosent make sense to do it now "

Comment

You are in 24/7 sin when you shave your beard

Comment

I have struggle with beard. Sometimes i shave it off, sometimes i leave it.

For now i will grow my beard so it gets even, because i have lots of empty places. Then insha Allah i will cutt it to make it look like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	denzel-washington-training-day.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	10760272
                      Last edited by ForeverMonotheist1; 19-11-15, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Salaam

Although that makes it of sense the guy is not taking evidences right now lol . It's not about him though we hear this too much so I was wondering what u guys think . "Growing a beard was only in the prophets time it dosent make sense to do it now "
                        No that's his flawed logic. Ask him what compels him to pick a blade and run it over his face every morning and coming out with bits of pieces of tissue on his face. Ask him where he got that 'sense making act' from.
                        You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverMonotheist1 View Post
                          You should get rid of this 'struggle' which shaytaan has planted into your head. There is nothing logical about shaving, in fact shaving is stupid and retarded.

Comment

No that's his flawed logic. Ask him what compels him to pick a blade and run it over his face every morning and coming out with bits of pieces of tissue on his face. Ask him where he got that 'sense making act' from.
                            Salaam

thats a good one .. coping kuffar i presume.. shaving is the American way to success ! In some companies and orgs in america u cant work there with a big beard

Originally posted by ForeverMonotheist1 View Post
                            Salaam Brother

like link said ur not supposed to shave it , insha Allah growing those few hairs might do u good on judgment day insha Allah.. Good deal for a few hairs :D

Comment

You should get rid of this 'struggle' which shaytaan has planted into your head. There is nothing logical about shaving, in fact shaving is stupid and retarded.
                              Brother, i will grow Training Day Beard, and never shave it insha Allah.

Beard of Hamza Yusuf hafidullaah is also good style Masha Allah

Salaam

thats a good one .. coping kuffar i presume.. shaving is the American way to success ! In some companies and orgs in america u cant work there with a big beard

Salaam Brother

like link said ur not supposed to shave it , insha Allah growing those few hairs might do u good on judgment day insha Allah.. Good deal for a few hairs :D

Brother, i like beard but my beard is so scary. Lots of empty places.
                              May Allah give me the patience to grow through this pain
                              Insha Allah my plan is to grow Hamza Yusuf/Denzel Washington like bead.
                              Last edited by ForeverMonotheist1; 19-11-15, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X