Going bald in my early 20s

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going bald in my early 20s

So the hair on top of my head has been thinning considerably since I was a teenager. Allah knows best, but I might be bald in a few years.

My mom and sister are freaking out, because they think I'll never get married. I imagine I'll eventually get married, though, even though baldness is generally unattractive.

I have no intention to use any kind of medication--rogaine, finasteride or whatever. It's too costly and an annoying commitment to make for such a superficial reason.

Surprisingly, I'm not taking it too badly. I've heard a lot of horror stories about men who go bald in their twenties i.e. anger, depression, repulsive to women. But I think a lot of that might be exaggerated.

Any brothers here who lost their hair in their twenties? How has it affected you?
    Last edited by Stoic Believer; 17-11-15, 03:24 PM.

Re: Going bald in my early 20s

Don't worry about it; a lot of men who are bald in their 20's, get married & live happy lives. I am guessing your moms dad is bald, correct? Scientifically, a mans hair is linked to the hair of their moms dad.

My dad & his brothers have very little hair(plus it's kinda curly); I am almost 30 & my hair is thick & straight, like my moms dad,he is 90 & still has a full head of hair..

Comment

Originally posted by Tide2006 View Post
      Don't worry about it; a lot of men who are bald in their 20's, get married & live happy lives. I am guessing your moms dad is bald, correct? Scientifically, a mans hair is linked to the hair of their moms dad.

My dad & his brothers have very little hair(plus it's kinda curly); I am almost 30 & my hair is thick & straight, like my moms dad,he is 90 & still has a full head of hair..
      Actually no, my mom's dad has hair. It's my dad's side of the family that has a history of baldness. And I think genes from both sides factor in, not just the maternal side.

And I know bald guys get married, but that doesn't mean their wives are attracted to them. They're probably just nice guys with a good job that women decided to settle down with.
      Last edited by Stoic Believer; 17-11-15, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Massage with Argan oil
        وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Being bald doesn't automatically make someone ugly...

In addition to what jennica suggested, you can use castor oil if you want I've used it on my eyelashes and it worked.

Edit: I just wanted to add its good mashaAllah that you're not overly worried about this. What is unattractive is a man being too overly worried about his looks.
          Last edited by tigress777; 17-11-15, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Bald heads are not repulsive to women brother....nothing wrtong with looking like a Bond Villan lols..
            You think its hereditary or stress?
            Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

Rub lots of pieces of garlic on your head. It gets your blood flowing so the hair would grow their I've had two freinds use it for bold patches and it works out fine
              [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][B][U][CENTER]Oh Allah, in your name, I die and live.[/CENTER][/U][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
              [CENTER]:):lailah::lailah::lailah::lailah::)[/CENTER]

[B][CENTER]Ya Allah, Grant Me A Heart That Sees[/CENTER][/B]

Comment

Some bald guys are attractive??!??!? did I just read that?

Why would want to ever write on a forum whats attractive ???

Anyway, try hijaamah as well....
                وَالْعَصْرِ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Oh don't worry about it... unless you've got low self esteem.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenicca View Post

I think the sister could have worded it better...being bald doesnt automatically mean you are ugly or repulsive to women..

Comment

Originally posted by Jenicca View Post

That's not how I meant it, but i fixed it anyways

Comment

Just don't do the dreaded comb-over.

See lots of guys who are bald/going bald/have really, really short/shaved head...I don't see it as an issue but then again I'm not a woman!

It's good you are not overly concerned.

Comment

looool so funny
                          وَالْعَصْرِ

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post
                            Just don't do the dreaded comb-over.
                            That hairstyle is not suiutable for windy weather conditions

Comment

Iam sorry to hear that.
                              I would never wish baldness on my worst enemy.
                              Brother, u should stop going to the barber. Grow your hair. That is my sincere advise.

Inna lillaahi wa inaa ilayhi rajiuun

Comment

Working...
                              X