Sisters, which do you wear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sisters, which do you wear?

Oops I answered the poll without reading the post. I wear a jilbab but I chose "other".

I wear it because I'm taking little steps at a time to wear a full abaya with niqaab one day InshaaAllah. When I started becoming practising I started off with baggy clothes and then hijab and then making the hijab very long and now the jilbab.
    Last edited by Lavender; 13-11-15, 04:31 AM. Reason: forgot to write the reason
    "Let the days do as they please
    And be optimistic when destiny decrees
    Do not despair due to the events of the past
    For the events of this world were not meant to last"

- Imam Shafi'i

Comment

Originally posted by **Sister** View Post
      Oh my god Vildan, we have so much in common, it's too good to be true, lol :P

Same I love the long jilbabs, especially the knee length ones, they're the best :D

No way you love navy blue too, that's unbelievable twin sis, haha.

I also really love black, especially with niqab and gloves, oh Vildan just don't get me started...

It's good you agree with me that few is enough, I don't get how some sisters have all the colours, that's crazy, lol

Nothing beats the dark coloured jilbabs :)
      Omg the niqab and gloves, my fav!

Lol yeh sis navi blue i love. I think maybe cause blue is my favourite colour and navi blue looks really good with a jilbab cause its dark. And yeh tots agree, i only wear dark colours anyway. Whats up with these hot pinks and yellows anyway? -cringes-

Ikr sis, i've seen some crazy stocks of jilbabs by some girls. I never knew it was even possible, lol.
      All humans are dead, except those who have knowledge.
      And all those who have knowledge are asleep, except those who do good deeds.
      And those who do good deeds are deceived, except those who are sincere.
      And those who are sincere are always in a state of worry.”

Imam Shafi'i (رحمه الله)

Comment

Originally posted by Yasirah87 View Post
        I meant 24:31. And I'm basing it off of the Arabic, not a translation.
        The Arabic what?

(hope you don't think I'm pickin a fight btw, just want to understand something)

لا تفكر كثيرا
        بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
        The children need your prayers more than anyone else
        -------------------------------------------------------
        www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by vildan View Post
          Omg the niqab and gloves, my fav!

Lol yeh sis navi blue i love. I think maybe cause blue is my favourite colour and navi blue looks really good with a jilbab cause its dark. And yeh tots agree, i only wear dark colours anyway. Whats up with these hot pinks and yellows anyway? -cringes-

Ikr sis, i've seen some crazy stocks of jilbabs by some girls. I never knew it was even possible, lol.
          Vildan, let's not derail this thread with our niqab and gloves obsession, haha.

Really, blue is your favorite colour?! I can't believe all this, me too twin sis!

Exactly, I only wear the dark coloured jilbabs. I've seen so many sisters wear all those bright colours, neon and metallic ones. Also, haven't you seen sisters out there who wear jilbabs with jeans or pants? I can't stand that, it looks so out of place :/

I don't want to sound judgmental towards my sisters in Islam, and I'll give them the benefit of doubt, because they're probably unaware it's not right. May Allah (swt) guide us all, Ameen.

Comment

LOL at the brothers who vote for this! [email protected]@@@@@
            “Have you seen he who has taken as his god his [own] desire, and Allah has sent him astray due to knowledge and has set a seal upon his hearing and his heart and put over his vision a veil? So who will guide him after Allah ? Then will you not be reminded? And they say, “There is not but our worldly life; we die and live, and nothing destroys us except time.” And they have of that no knowledge; they are only assuming.” Quran 45:23-24

Comment

Vildan, let's not derail this thread with our niqab and gloves obsession, haha.

Really, blue is your favorite colour?! I can't believe all this, me too twin sis!

Exactly, I only wear the dark coloured jilbabs. I've seen so many sisters wear all those bright colours, neon and metallic ones. Also, haven't you seen sisters out there who wear jilbabs with jeans or pants? I can't stand that, it looks so out of place :/

I don't want to sound judgmental towards my sisters in Islam, and I'll give them the benefit of doubt, because they're probably unaware it's not right. May Allah (swt) guide us all, Ameen.
              Lol sis i can't help derailing threads, its my hobby :P

Omg seriously. Is this unreal or what? Lol were seriously twins, i have absolutely no doubts :)

Yeh same sis, i like to be dressed in dark colours, it gives me a sense of comfort. My relatives always call me old lady now cause of this, lool. Yes defintely, it does look out of place. I think most sisters wear it cause they're not really bothered to chuck on a scarf. So its something thats just worn for comfort and ease more then relgiious obligation.

Yeh we should give them the benefit of doubt, perhaps they are not knowledgeable in these areas. Ameen to you du'a sis.
              Last edited by Peony.; 13-11-15, 08:28 AM.
              All humans are dead, except those who have knowledge.
              And all those who have knowledge are asleep, except those who do good deeds.
              And those who do good deeds are deceived, except those who are sincere.
              And those who are sincere are always in a state of worry.”

Imam Shafi'i (رحمه الله)

Comment

Sisters in abayah look beautiful. Better avoid that ukhtis.

Comment

Originally posted by Yasirah87 View Post
                  I did, too, when I first reverted. Some people take time to get to abayas and jilbabs.
                  I tried getting into abayas and jilbabs but it's not for me

Comment

Nothing. Apart from vistiting relatives abroad but that's just for an easy life

Comment

I don't understand this. First of all, jilbabs are generally so long that you normally can't see what's worn underneath it. Secondly, jilbab is meant to be an outer garment anyway so what difference does it make if sisters wear pants or jeans under them? So I don't understand what your post is trying to say. Isn't it normal to wear typical home clothes (such as pants or jeans) under the jilbab anyway?
                      The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by *Sweety* View Post
                        I tried getting into abayas and jilbabs but it's not for me
                        I thought that, too. I never wore dresses or skirts, so I thought it would be awkward and uncomfortable, but it's about finding a style you like. I lounge in fluffy boots and this cotton abaya all day. I had to buy several after I tried it because it's so comfy.
                        http://www.eastessence.com/New-Arriv...-pockets-.html (while looking, I see they make hoodie abayas. Subhanallah, my life is complete)
                        لَمْ يَلِدْ وَلَمْ يُولَدْ
                        سورة الإخلاص

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post
                          I don't understand this. First of all, jilbabs are generally so long that you normally can't see what's worn underneath it. Secondly, jilbab is meant to be an outer garment anyway so what difference does it make if sisters wear pants or jeans under them? So I don't understand what your post is trying to say. Isn't it normal to wear typical home clothes (such as pants or jeans) under the jilbab anyway?
                          Sis, it's the semantics that's causing all the confusions, lol

The jilbab aka khimar, is what I'm referring to here. I guess your referring to an abaya in your post, is that right?

The jilbab/ khimar, is what resembles the hijab for the prayer clothes for females. That's what I meant by the jilbab. They usually come down till the waist or knees, so your meant to wear it with either an abaya or skirt.

In my post, I'm referring to the sisters who wear the jilbab, and with jeans or pants underneath. It looks so out of place because it's should be worn with an abaya/skirt. It looks odd when a sisters wears something modest and loose like the jilbab, then wears jeans/pants with it. It doesn't look good. I hope I made sense :/

Comment

I voted nothing because I can't. But if my vote reflected what I wanted to wear, then it'd be niqab and/or gloves. Serious question, who voted for burqa? And does she mean the Afghan one? Do any women actually wear that in the west?
                            Indeed, Allah orders justice and good conduct and giving to relatives and forbids immorality and bad conduct and oppression. He admonishes you that perhaps you will be reminded.

-16:90 (Surah an-Nahl)

Comment

dp

Comment

Sis, it's the semantics that's causing all the confusions, lol

The jilbab aka khimar, is what I'm referring to here. I guess your referring to an abaya in your post, is that right?

The jilbab/ khimar, is what resembles the hijab for the prayer clothes for females. That's what I meant by the jilbab. They usually come down till the waist or knees, so your meant to wear it with either an abaya or skirt.

In my post, I'm referring to the sisters who wear the jilbab, and with jeans or pants underneath. It looks so out of place because it's should be worn with an abaya/skirt. It looks odd when a sisters wears something modest and loose like the jilbab, then wears jeans/pants with it. It doesn't look good. I hope I made sense :/
                                The term jilbāb or jilbaab (Arabic: جلباب‎) refers to any long and loose-fit coat or garment worn by some Muslim women. Wearers believe that this definition of jilbab fulfills the Quranic demand for a Hijab.[citation needed] Jilbab, Jubbah or Jilaabah is also known as Manteau (a French loan word, meaning "coat") by Persian speakers in Iran.

The modern jilbāb covers the entire body, except for hands, face, and head. The head and neck are then covered by a scarf or wrap (khimar). Some women will also cover the hands and face (niqab).

In Indonesia, the word jilbab is used for a headscarf rather than a long baggy overgarment.[1] In recent years, a short visor is often included to protect the face from the tropical sun.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jilb%C4%81b

Comment

Working...
                                X