Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sisters, which do you wear?

Originally posted by Yasirah87 View Post
    Because not every sister immediately dons hijab once she starts her first cycle.
    revealing your sins is haraam, so his objection is 100% valid.
    You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Originally posted by F_R View Post
      What is a "standard" hijaab?
      Covering the face and neck and drawing your veil over your bosom as outlined in 33:59.
      لَمْ يَلِدْ وَلَمْ يُولَدْ
      سورة الإخلاص

Comment

Lol brothers voted in the poll :rotfl:
        If you memorize just 1 verse from the Quran everyday you would become a hafiz in 18 years and that's the Slowest pace, so what's stopping you?
        And if you die during that time, then you at least had the intention of becoming a Hafiz

Comment

Originally posted by **Sister** View Post
          Creamy, I haven't counted them exactly, lol, but I have quite a few. Honestly, I wouldn't buy more and think what I have is more than enough, alhamdulilah.

I only wear the dark coloured ones, dark blue is my favorite colour, lol. I think having 3-4 jilbabs is enough in my opinion. Don't know if the other sisters here would agree with me :/

*Hi5* sis, that's exactly what I wear, but my khimar goes until my knees, I love the long ones, lol

Same here, I just need to wear niqab and gloves inshaAllah, to complete my look :)
          Omggg yesss blue is my fav! But i always end up wearing black, lol. And yeh agreed sis, a few is enough. I know people who have every colour, its just like oh em ghee :/
          All humans are dead, except those who have knowledge.
          And all those who have knowledge are asleep, except those who do good deeds.
          And those who do good deeds are deceived, except those who are sincere.
          And those who are sincere are always in a state of worry.”

Imam Shafi'i (رحمه الله)

Comment

Originally posted by Creamcake View Post
            do abayas have to be black? I would only buy darkish colours to exit the house in anyway. And can they have any form of pattern/design on them, or gotta be plain?
            BarakAllah fiq. I like darkish colours too, especially maroon or purple (in fact I think I'd wear one of those colours on my wedding if I were to get married), though some of my summer jilbabs are in lighter pastel colours such as light blue (and one of my special occasion outfits is in peach), though I think I mostly prefer the darker autumnal colours. My golden rule is to avoid wearing white scarves as they don't suit my skin tone- I haven't worn a white scarf in years. Abayas don't have to be black, but they should be in colours that don't make you stick out like a sore thumb. The fabric can be embossed or it can be plain (plain is preferable) or it can have a little embroidery on the cuffs or hem; though I find some shops go overboard in doing sparkly designs on them or shiny bling rubbish. Some shops also seem to make the shape wrong, so that it shows some of the figure which it's not supposed to do.

Originally posted by ~Ukhti~ View Post
            Can I ask sis what kind of colours are your jilbaabs?
            I only have 9 jilbaabs, all are black except for one that is navy blue. I want to invest in more jilbaabs in shaa Allah
            I used to have 2 black jilbabs but gave them away. Tbh I have one in a camel colour and that's the one I wear most because it's a warmer fabric and this country is usually cold. I have 2 maroon ones, 2 jade firozi ones (my favourite colour), a navy one, a dark purple one, an olive one, a dark green one, 2 light blue cotton summer ones, a peach one, 2 mustard ones and some other ones but those are the main ones I can think of off the top of my head.

I want to get rid of the ones that are too bright though which are; one pink one, one bright yellow one (with dark green long waistcoat and scarf), one bright green cotton summer one and one bright purple one but as I've said before, someone who can be bothered to chuck a box of black dye into it can take them.
            Last edited by neelu; 12-11-15, 08:25 PM.
            The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Editing posts blank again
              “You don't need anybody to tell you who you are or what you are. You are what you are!”

Comment

I wear hijab and 'western' clothes

Comment

Originally posted by vildan View Post
                  Omggg yesss blue is my fav! But i always end up wearing black, lol. And yeh agreed sis, a few is enough. I know people who have every colour, its just like oh em ghee :/
                  You talkin' to me?:P
                  The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post
                    You talkin' to me?:P
                    Runs away...
                    All humans are dead, except those who have knowledge.
                    And all those who have knowledge are asleep, except those who do good deeds.
                    And those who do good deeds are deceived, except those who are sincere.
                    And those who are sincere are always in a state of worry.”

Imam Shafi'i (رحمه الله)

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post
                      BarakAllah fiq. I like darkish colours too, especially maroon or purple (in fact I think I'd wear one of those colours on my wedding if I were to get married), though some of my summer jilbabs are in lighter pastel colours such as light blue (and one of my special occasion outfits is in peach), though I think I mostly prefer the darker autumnal colours. My golden rule is to avoid wearing white scarves as they don't suit my skin tone- I haven't worn a white scarf in years. Abayas don't have to be black, but they should be in colours that don't make you stick out like a sore thumb. The fabric can be embossed or it can be plain (plain is preferable) or it can have a little embroidery on the cuffs or hem; though I find some shops go overboard in doing sparkly designs on them or shiny bling rubbish. Some shops also seem to make the shape wrong, so that it shows some of the figure which it's not supposed to do.

I used to have 2 black jilbabs but gave them away. Tbh I have one in a camel colour and that's the one I wear most because it's a warmer fabric and this country is usually cold. I have 2 maroon ones, 2 jade firozi ones (my favourite colour), a navy one, a dark purple one, an olive one, a dark green one, 2 light blue cotton summer ones, a peach one, 2 mustard ones and some other ones but those are the main ones I can think of off the top of my head.

I want to get rid of the ones that are too bright though which are; one pink one, one bright yellow one (with dark green long waistcoat and scarf), one bright green cotton summer one and one bright purple one but as I've said before, someone who can be bothered to chuck a box of black dye into it can take them.
                      jazakhallahu khairan sis, sounds awesome n makes total sense :)
                      And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
                      [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

Originally posted by I See You View Post
                        Editing posts blank again
                        yes please.
                        And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
                        [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

Originally posted by *Sweety* View Post
                          I wear hijab and 'western' clothes
                          I did, too, when I first reverted. Some people take time to get to abayas and jilbabs.
                          سورة الإخلاص

Comment

Originally posted by Yasirah87 View Post
                            Covering the face and neck and drawing your veil over your bosom as outlined in 33:59.
                            How do you know it just means the face, neck and chest area? What are you basing it on?

لا تفكر كثيرا
                            بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
                            The children need your prayers more than anyone else
                            -------------------------------------------------------
                            www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by F_R View Post
                              How do you know it just means the face, neck and chest area? What are you basing it on?
                              I meant 24:31. And I'm basing it off of the Arabic, not a translation.
                              سورة الإخلاص

Comment

Awww same twin sis. Lol its so obvious your an aussie :P

Btw the extra long ones are awesomeee!!!I'm ligit stocking up on them :D
                                Oh my god Vildan, we have so much in common, it's too good to be true, lol :P

Same I love the long jilbabs, especially the knee length ones, they're the best :D

No way you love navy blue too, that's unbelievable twin sis, haha.

I also really love black, especially with niqab and gloves, oh Vildan just don't get me started...

It's good you agree with me that few is enough, I don't get how some sisters have all the colours, that's crazy, lol

Nothing beats the dark coloured jilbabs :)

Comment

Working...
                                X