Sisters, which do you wear?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sisters, which do you wear?

Why do you wear it, if other than obeying Allah ﷻ‎.

By standard hijab, I mean: al-amiras, hijabs, khimaar, Chador or whatever you want to call it, is the minimum requirement ordered by Allah ﷻ‎. As long as you're not wearing a turban and skinny jeans, please hit the first option.

If you select other, please post what it is. Thanks.
    Standard hijab (hair and neck covered)
    46.67%
    Niqab
    20.00%
    Burqa
    3.33%
    Nothing
    10.00%
    Other
    20.00%
    Last edited by Yasirah87; 12-11-15, 02:43 AM.
    لَمْ يَلِدْ وَلَمْ يُولَدْ
    سورة الإخلاص

Re: Sisters, which do you wear?

Be more specific sis. Do you mean Islamic dress? Like hijab or abaya?

Comment

I wear niqab. I have a lot of self-esteem issues, niqab makes me feel better. I am no longer wasting money on cosmetics, which is nice. I feel like I am a better muslim, like I follow Islam better.
      سورة الإخلاص

Comment

Originally posted by Zoha_R View Post
        Be more specific sis. Do you mean Islamic dress? Like hijab or abaya?
        I posted a poll, ukhti.
        سورة الإخلاص

Comment

Originally posted by Yasirah87 View Post
          I posted a poll, ukhti.
          oh silly my...didn't see it lol

Comment

Originally posted by Zoha_R View Post
            oh silly my...didn't see it lol
            I don't think they posted simultaneously.
            سورة الإخلاص

Comment

I wear standard hijab coz Allah said so. Otherwise it would be "nothing" for me :p
              O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

I voted other, because what I wear is not on the poll :P

Comment

Originally posted by **Sister** View Post
                  I voted other, because what I wear is not on the poll :P
                  What do you wear?
                  سورة الإخلاص

Comment

I wear the jilbab/ Khimar, which is basically longer than the standard hijab.

Don't you also wear that as well with your niqab?

Comment

Asalamu Alaykum,
                      I voted 'other' as what I wear isn't on the poll, sis. I wear Hijab and Abaya.
                      I would love to wear Niqaab as well, Insha ' Allah It will be so awesome, insha ' allah.
                      How long have you worn the Niqaab for sister? And have you worn it since reversion?
                      I used to think that Niqab was optional, but I think the madhabs view it as compulsory, and I genuinely didn't know this, before coming on UF.
                      Also, I used to think Hijab n Abaya was enough, but its not, because face is still a source of beauty for females.
                      The reason I wear hijab and Abaya is because it's a command from Allah s.w.t.
                      Also, I wear it because I like wearing it. It is long, loose, comfortable and modest. The thought of any male seeing my body shape, or my hair etc disgusts me. No male has a right to look at me, and it prevents males from looking for the wrong reasons, Alhamdulillah.
                      Last edited by Creamcake; 12-11-15, 02:37 AM.
                      And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
                      [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

What do you wear?

Comment

hey sis, dyu know approx. how many jilbaabs/khimaars you have? I also wear abaya/jilbaab, started wearing a couple of months ago, and don't have many. I wanted to go shopping n get a few more, but I don't wanna buy loadz n waste money, like I kinda used to with clothing before. lol just not sure what the normal amount to have is, without being too less/excessive. I know it varies sis, just good having ppl's opinions.
                          And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
                          [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

I do.

I wear niqab. I have a lot of self-esteem issues, niqab makes me feel better. I am no longer wasting money on cosmetics, which is nice. I feel like I am a better muslim, like I follow Islam better.
                            You remind me of a revert woman I once knew. Masha allah she was like a mentor to me and she wore niqab too. She said the exact same things you said.
                            May Allah reward you with the best sister:up:

I wear a hijab (khimar) that is from my head to waist and then an abaya.
                            Insha allah I will wear niqab soon God willing. :up:

Comment

I wear the standard hijab, but will wear abaya and hijab as soon as I am in college, In Sha Allah.
                              And the after that, I'll wear niqab. I'll definietly wear niqab after I'm married, In Sha Allah.

I wear my hijab out of respect for myself. Wearing niqab will be so awesome, In Sha Allah.

Comment

Working...
                              X