Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: I'm getting rid of my make up

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
    lol, i've often wondered this, men don't have to wear make-up and still be handsome
    Sis, women don't have to either, and they still look beautiful and fresh.
    If most do today, it doesn't mean they have to.

And as OP said above, it seems like make-up hurts the confidence rather than increasing it; well, at least for those who feel like they can't walk the street without it.
    *"None of you truly believes until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself."* [Al-Bukhari & Muslim]
    "Mindless are those who only jump when told to jump, cry when told to cry, and laugh when told to laugh. Indeed, they are but sheep." TheStrivingUmmi

Comment

Originally posted by vildan View Post
      One Q, does perfume effect you, or men in general? I don't wear it of course but i'm just curious.
      I don't know about other men, but it does affect me. How? Well the smell just does. Idk. Maybe someone else might comment on this.
      La ilaha illallahu, wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu, wa Huwa 'ala kulli sha'in Qadir
      (there is no true god except Allah. He is One and He has no partner with Him; His is the sovereignty and His is the praise, and He is Omnipotent),'
      Do not say about Allah but Truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Green786 View Post
        Salaam All

I think I am ready to throw away my make up . I must have spent £6000 on make up over the last few years . I was never really into make up that much. It's all fake and I'm sorry but some girls wear make up to impress boys. I started wearing make up in my early thirties. I can't even wear it properly.

Goodbye make - up!

I am not saying I will completely stop but makeup is just a cover up. I respect girls that wear it properly and don't do it to impress boys. Make up doesn't increase your confidence. What will increase your confidence is if you accept your imperfections and stop trying to be like everyone else. Be yourself.
        Free your self from the shackles of oppression. Why should other people tell you what colour your eye lids should be, or what contour your face should have.

Comment

One Q, does perfume effect you, or men in general? I don't wear it of course but i'm just curious.
          sister, it depends upon men i guess. Some get affected while some dont and some get affected minutely.

But I read somewhere that when a woman moves past non-mehrem men such that they can feel the fragrance of perfume then thats a sin. I am not sure about entire wording of the sin. I mean how big or small this sin is.
          I hope someone else helps me out
          Please Please Please Make Dua for these [URL="http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?455964-Plz-Make-Dua-for-these-members&p=6715010&viewfull=1#post6715010"]Click Here[/URL] JazakAllahi

Comment

Even as a female myself, whenever a lady passes by with a nice scent I'm like sniffing and thinking for myself how good it smells. lol
            "Let the days do as they please, and be optimistic when destiny decrees. Do not despair due to the events of the past, for the events of this world were not meant to last." - Imam Shafi'i

Comment

Not a fan of makeup on women, lol...makes them look fake. If I ever got married I would suggest to whomever I marry that makeup is not good...etc & what she does would be her choice(this is the same method I would use for most issues). I would never "command" someone to stop wearing makeup, that's mean..

Comment

Originally posted by GoogleSlayer View Post
                sister, it depends upon men i guess. Some get affected while some dont and some get affected minutely.

But I read somewhere that when a woman moves past non-mehrem men such that they can feel the fragrance of perfume then thats a sin. I am not sure about entire wording of the sin. I mean how big or small this sin is.
                The prophet s.a.w said in a hadith :
                Any woman who wears perfume and passes by people so that they can smell her fragrance is a zaaniya (adultress)

This hadith is narrated by imam ahmed and an nasaaii and is classed hassan by sh.albaani in.sahiih al jaami

Comment

Originally posted by GoogleSlayer View Post

Putting perfume on is like you have committed zina (for women).

It was narrated from Abu Moosa (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “If a woman puts on perfume and passes by people so that they can smell her fragrance, then she is such and such,” and he spoke sternly - meaning an adulteress.

Its haraam and classed by scholars as a major sin.
                  All humans are dead, except those who have knowledge.
                  And all those who have knowledge are asleep, except those who do good deeds.
                  And those who do good deeds are deceived, except those who are sincere.
                  And those who are sincere are always in a state of worry.”

Imam Shafi'i (رحمه الله)

Comment

Originally posted by Hataw View Post
                    Even as a female myself, whenever a lady passes by with a nice scent I'm like sniffing and thinking for myself how good it smells. lol
                    Lool true that sis. I guess if it affects us then it is bound to affect men.
                    All humans are dead, except those who have knowledge.
                    And all those who have knowledge are asleep, except those who do good deeds.
                    And those who do good deeds are deceived, except those who are sincere.
                    And those who are sincere are always in a state of worry.”

Imam Shafi'i (رحمه الله)

Comment

Originally posted by Tide2006 View Post
                      Not a fan of makeup on women, lol...makes them look fake. If I ever got married I would suggest to whomever I marry that makeup is not good...etc & what she does would be her choice(this is the same method I would use for most issues). I would never "command" someone to stop wearing makeup, that's mean..
                      lol i was thinking about replacing Odan with Cerebral Assassin but just noticed that you already have it. So I am not using it
                      Please Please Please Make Dua for these [URL="http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?455964-Plz-Make-Dua-for-these-members&p=6715010&viewfull=1#post6715010"]Click Here[/URL] JazakAllahi

Comment

£6000 .... what did you buy??

Comment

Originally posted by Muslimah~S View Post
                          Funny make up fact - I realised I have a lipstick called prohibition.

Quite well named I guess when used in the wrong place.
                          they always have names like that lol, like sinfully red.

but I know how you feel, I love buying makeup but I never wear it so, its just a waste of money really.
                          Allah sent down his tranquillity upon him and supported him with angels you did not see and made the word of those who disbelieved the lowest, while the word of Allah - that is the highest. And Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise.

Comment

Working...
                          X