Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Talk lot at work so quiet at home vice verse.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talk lot at work so quiet at home vice verse.

Do you have a job where you have to talk a lot? does that impact how you behave when you get home. Do you want quiet time at home?
    Do you have a job where you don't talk a whole lot? does that impact how you behave when you get home. do you want to constantly communicate at home?

It doesn't have to be work, it could be school/volunteer.. whatever you do most part of your day & do you see an impact in your personal life due to it and how do you deal with it.

Recently i noticed my husband and I have very different communication need/style & looking deep into it, i realize it has some to do with our job and of course our personality. We are both introvert but he is bigger introvert than I am which means even thought i enjoy my alone time i still itch for social gathering once a month. Now i work in laboratory around the same 20 people everyday. Once in blue moon i will have phone conversation with customer but mostly I am on my own with my laptop. So when i get home, i want to talk. My husband works in customer service where for 8 hours he is constantly talking to people so when he gets home he wants to be quiet & spend time with his laptop. Was wondering how others take care of this imbalance that your job might create from your personal desire (i.e if you are talkative a quiet science job might not satisfy you vs. if you are introvert then a customer service job might drain you out)

Re: Talk lot at work so quiet at home vice verse.

well I used to work in customer service, which was talking non stop (kinda perfect for me - lol joke) for like 8 hours straight, 5 days a week. And it may affect/drain some people, but for me, it didn't in terms of talking.
    I wouldn't come home n be quiet, i'd come home n just carry on talking, lol. to my family, friends, etc.
    so I think it may depend what kinda person you are
    or the fact work can be emotionally, physically draining etc, so can tire one out. if so, quick nap time. then back to chirpy/talkative self, lol

At uni, I don't talk a lot, except to ppl at the beginning n end of lectures n seminars, so quieter environment, but I come home..and the same in terms of talkativeness
    getting tired from the place n personality type probably affect a lot
    I am an introvert in the regard, I am only comfortable with family n friends, otherwise i'm super shy, quiet n nervous tbh lol, until I know sumone well n i'm comfortable with them.
    And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
    [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

I think I'm the same at home and work. I see what you mean though. I don't like labelling people to introvert or extrovert. I think I am bit of both. Try to allocate good quality time together.
      "Try to distance yourself from everything that causes you worry and sadness, so that you may always live with peace of mind and an open and tranquil heart, seeking Allah and His worship and working on your worldly and otherworldly matters, for if you try this, you will find rest.

Comment

It's got nothing to do with work, sure people get tired but that's no reason to completely power down when you get home. You still have responsibilities.

Comment

Originally posted by Kya View Post
          Do you have a job where you have to talk a lot? does that impact how you behave when you get home. Do you want quiet time at home?
          Do you have a job where you don't talk a whole lot? does that impact how you behave when you get home. do you want to constantly communicate at home?

It doesn't have to be work, it could be school/volunteer.. whatever you do most part of your day & do you see an impact in your personal life due to it and how do you deal with it.
          I am on the phone all day with customers ,suppliers and contractors so i like to power down when i come home but we make it work by doing activities together which gets us talking, cooking/washing up/ gardening etc.

Comment

I don't think there is a link between my job and how chatty I am at home.
            It is narrated on the authority of Jabir that he heard the (Holy Prophet)[:saw:] say: A Muslim is he from whose hand and tongue the Muslims are safe.
            -Muslim

Comment

Originally posted by Creamcake View Post
              well I used to work in customer service, which was talking non stop (kinda perfect for me - lol joke) for like 8 hours straight, 5 days a week. And it may affect/drain some people, but for me, it didn't in terms of talking.
              I wouldn't come home n be quiet, i'd come home n just carry on talking, lol. to my family, friends, etc.
              so I think it may depend what kinda person you are
              or the fact work can be emotionally, physically draining etc, so can tire one out. if so, quick nap time. then back to chirpy/talkative self, lol

At uni, I don't talk a lot, except to ppl at the beginning n end of lectures n seminars, so quieter environment, but I come home..and the same in terms of talkativeness
              getting tired from the place n personality type probably affect a lot
              I am an introvert in the regard, I am only comfortable with family n friends, otherwise i'm super shy, quiet n nervous tbh lol, until I know sumone well n i'm comfortable with them.
              That's me pretty much. I find that classes, commute, studying, friends, all that stuff is demanding on my framework for some reason so when I come home I always feel this need to either sleep for a while, get a laptop break, a phone break, eat something sweet lol , or take a walk or something. If I don't I'm not at my very best to say the least.

But after that rest I can chat endlessly to friends and family.
              Ummah confession: Ummah is one of my 'resting resorts' lol.
              It's such a benefical place that I dont feel too guilty about spending some time here, tho if I want good grades I might have to cut back a bit.

Originally posted by Kya View Post

Recently i noticed my husband and I have very different communication need/style & looking deep into it, i realize it has some to do with our job and of course our personality. We are both introvert but he is bigger introvert than I am which means even thought i enjoy my alone time i still itch for social gathering once a month. Now i work in laboratory around the same 20 people everyday. Once in blue moon i will have phone conversation with customer but mostly I am on my own with my laptop. So when i get home, i want to talk. My husband works in customer service where for 8 hours he is constantly talking to people so when he gets home he wants to be quiet & spend time with his laptop. Was wondering how others take care of this imbalance that your job might create from your personal desire (i.e if you are talkative a quiet science job might not satisfy you vs. if you are introvert then a customer service job might drain you out)
              I'm that person who is drained after a day at school. My dad's an extrovert and his job is similar to yours in the sense that he doesn't really get to socialize much or anything.
              So when he comes home I know he wants to talk and watch the news or stuff. So I just make sure I get a nap, get a laptop break (most common), or just chill enough beforehand.
              Maybe if you let him chill for a few hours and then talk with him? Works for me.

Nothing like sitting somewhere comfy with the laptop/television on and something sweet to eat for chilling:wink:
              Thee do we worship, and Thine aid we seek.

Comment

Originally posted by Figs View Post
                That's me pretty much. I find that classes, commute, studying, friends, all that stuff is demanding on my framework for some reason so when I come home I always feel this need to either sleep for a while, get a laptop break, a phone break, eat something sweet lol , or take a walk or something. If I don't I'm not at my very best to say the least.

But after that rest I can chat endlessly to friends and family.
                Ummah confession: Ummah is one of my 'resting resorts' lol.
                It's such a benefical place that I dont feel too guilty about spending some time here, tho if I want good grades I might have to cut back a bit.

I'm that person who is drained after a day at school. My dad's an extrovert and his job is similar to yours in the sense that he doesn't really get to socialize much or anything.
                So when he comes home I know he wants to talk and watch the news or stuff. So I just make sure I get a nap, get a laptop break (most common), or just chill enough beforehand.
                Maybe if you let him chill for a few hours and then talk with him? Works for me.

Nothing like sitting somewhere comfy with the laptop/television on and something sweet to eat for chilling:wink:
                I agree, I need a mini nap n summat sweet, lol. and same, need to cut back on ummah forums.
                And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
                [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

Working...
                X