Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Food you used to not like but now kind of like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Food you used to not like but now kind of like?

I used to hate the oatmeal raisin cookie: dirty little rake of a snack trying to pass itself off as a clearly superior product; yet now I find them quite enjoyable.
    Deviled eggs? I used to despise the very mentioning of their name but now I'll down several in a sitting because they are pretty good.
    "Don't be too perfect; no one will want to talk to you. Maintain a flaw or two to keep yourself approachable." -My guide to being amazing

Re: Food you used to not like but now kind of like?

well i used to hate garlic bread, would never eat it and even the mention of it used to make me cringe but now i love it and I'm totally obsessed lol

Comment

:salams
      Olives and dates took a while for me to get used to. I suppose it is tougher when it is a Sunna food you are not used to, but great tip to help get used to a food you dont like: find creative ways to eat it with. I cant get used to dates, but when its in a biscuit or cake it's really delightful. Alhamdullila
      :)

Comment

Food you used to not like but now kind of like?

This thread, such a good idea!
        Lol I get excited when I see food related threads haha

Erm okay..so I used to loathe popcorn,now I just don't like it,but to a lesser extent lol

Erm I used to prefer chicken dishes over meat,but now I think I prefer meat over chicken,but I like them both

Erm I still dont like jalebis, candyfloss, jalapenos, cardamom,thyme n rosemary, spinach (generally),courgaettes/aubergines. sorry this is the what we now like thread.

Can't think of anything else. I like most foods,generally. lol
        And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
        [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

Originally posted by Creamcake View Post
          This thread, such a good idea!
          Lol I get excited when I see food related threads haha

Erm okay..so I used to loathe popcorn,now I just don't like it,but to a lesser extent lol

Erm I used to prefer chicken dishes over meat,but now I think I prefer meat over chicken,but I like them both

Erm I still dont like jalebis, candyfloss, jalapenos, cardamom,thyme n rosemary, spinach (generally),courgaettes/aubergines. sorry this is the what we now like thread.

Can't think of anything else. I like most foods,generally. lol
          I used to dislike jalapenos; now I can enjoy the odd one now and then.

courgettes and I have signed in blood a pact of eternal hatred I'm afraid. lol
          "Don't be too perfect; no one will want to talk to you. Maintain a flaw or two to keep yourself approachable." -My guide to being amazing

Comment

I used to hate boiled carrots, now Im able to eat em but not too much. I still hate boiled cabbage "yuck" and tongues "ewwww"

A few more other foods but I can't be bothered :/
            I love you, cherish you and worship you,
            Guide me on your path to your janna,
            Unite me beside you My King and all mighty,

:love:Allah:love:

Comment

Hummus.

Comment

seafood, but I don't just kind of life it now. I REALLY like it.
                Indeed we belong to Allah,
                and indeed to Him we will return.

Quran 2:156

Comment

Originally posted by ninety1daisies View Post
                  seafood, but I don't just kind of life it now. I REALLY like it.
                  What kind of sea food?

Comment

crispy fish fry kind. I think in UK the dish is called fish and chips. YUM.
                    Indeed we belong to Allah,
                    and indeed to Him we will return.

Quran 2:156

Comment

Originally posted by sandman123 View Post
                      I used to dislike jalapenos; now I can enjoy the odd one now and then.

courgettes and I have signed in blood a pact of eternal hatred I'm afraid. lol
                      everyone else likes jalapenos, my siblings order pizza with jalapenos on, n I have to take them off grrr lol
                      yeah courgettes aren't nice.
                      And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”

Comment

Lentil
                        Fish
                        Pumpkin
                        They say good things come to those who wait, so imma be at least an hour late

Comment

I like most food that's given to me but there was a period of time when I was younger that I refuse to eat cottage cheese. I still liked it but I just wasn't in the mood for it for years. Now I can't get enough of it.
                          I want your reflections on THIS Thread, please post!

The great Imam ash-Shafi’, he went to his teacher Waki` Complaining about the weakness of his memory.He told him, "Abandon rebellion, for knowledge is a light - And the light of Allah is not bestowed upon a rebel." [video]

Comment

Originally posted by ninety1daisies View Post
                            crispy fish fry kind. I think in UK the dish is called fish and chips. YUM.
                            you don't like fried fish :(
                            I don't like king prawns, I don't eat fish at all anymore, but used to love fried fish n small prawns n other fish too

Comment

also... not a fan of hummus, chocolate ice cream, and karela.
                              I better stop stalking this food thread, #weneedmorefoodthreads

Comment

Working...
                              X