Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which verse scares you the most?

Originally posted by SofiaG View Post
    I might get hate for this... But the whole thing scares me.
    Think about it. There is a God. Who created us. And tests us. And if we fail the test, we will get put into hell. Where we burn.
    And God is powerful. He caused floods, wiped out entire nations, etc.
    And he's in charge of everything. If He decides He wants me to die right now, I'm going to die. We are at His mercy.

All the verses in the Quran about all that ^^^ scare me equally. I can't pick just one.
    I was gonna post some ayat a while ago but it was for the same reason thy mentioned that I never did....it's difficult to just choose one when many give a person the shivers.
    Imagine the power of the Lord who can stop the very oxygen flowing at our veins, the very blood, any time, any day. The Lord that, if He wanted to could release the sky to fall upon us, to disintegrate the skyscrapers to crush us all...to bring an earthquake sending us to the very deepest of the Earth's core....

subhana rabbika rabbil izzati ammaa yasifoon. wa salamun alal mursaleen. wal hamdulillahi rabbil alameen.
    Thee do we worship, and Thine aid we seek.

Comment

Re: Which verse scares you the most?

And pursue not that of which thou hast no knowledge; for every act of hearing, or of seeing or of (feeling in) the heart will be inquired into (on the Day of Reckoning).[17:36]

Leave Me (to deal) with him whom I created lonely,

Him shall I fling unto the burning.- Ah, what will convey unto thee what that burning is! -It leaveth naught; it spareth naught. It shrivelleth the man. Above it are nineteen.

What hath brought you to this burning? They will answer: We were not of those who prayed. Nor did we feed the wretched. We used to wade (in vain dispute) with (all) waders, [Various verses from surah al-Mudathir.]

And they cry: O master! Let thy Lord make an end of us. He saith: Lo! here ye must remain. [43:77]
      Narrated Anas:
      The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "None of you will have faith till he wishes for his (Muslim) brother what he likes for himself." [Bukhari]

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
      X