Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

women's issues/rulings in islam,

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • women's issues/rulings in islam,

    People are always asking and talking about the rulings and narrations about women, i don't understand why it's such a big deal to some people. Obviously i'm not talking about when people actually need to know what is allowed and what isn't.
    I mean questions like why men get hoor al ayn in jannah and what do women get? Who does that benefit and where do these questions even come from? i wouldn't be surprised if these kind of questions first came from non muslims which then made some muslims doubt islams view on women.

    Also other issues about women obeying the husband, polygyny, men being the leaders, protectors etc, not leaving the house without permission, the role of women as wives and mothers, the hadith about the majority of women being in hell and so on. It's all been answered a million times, there are books on this stuff yet people want to go on and on debating it. You can sense in the tone that some think islam is unfair to women or that some of these rulings are not right and unfortunately even some muslims begin to have doubts and they start questioning why Allah made it this way.

    Stop listening to the feminists and non muslims, love your deen completely and defend it. If you have hate in your heart for parts of the deen the problem is YOU not islam.
    شَكَوْتُ إلَى وَكِيعٍ سُوءَ حِفْظِي
    فَأرْشَدَنِي إلَى تَرْكِ المعَاصي
    وَأخْبَرَنِي بأَنَّ العِلْمَ نُورٌ
    ونورُ الله لا يهدى لعاصي

  • #2
    Re: women's issues/rulings in islam,

    Mostly there are deeper issues and experiences which make muslims form the ideas they have about islaam which have been further pushed and sweetened by the environment etc. It's personal issues which make some blame it on the deen and put the deen on trial.

    لا تفكر كثيرا
    بل استغفر كثيرا

    -------------------------------------------------------
    The children need your prayers more than anyone else
    -------------------------------------------------------
    www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: women's issues/rulings in islam,

      Originally posted by Rumaysah~ View Post
      People are always asking and talking about the rulings and narrations about women, i don't understand why it's such a big deal to some people. Obviously i'm not talking about when people actually need to know what is allowed and what isn't.
      I mean questions like why men get hoor al ayn in jannah and what do women get? Who does that benefit and where do these questions even come from? i wouldn't be surprised if these kind of questions first came from non muslims which then made some muslims doubt islams view on women.

      Also other issues about women obeying the husband, polygyny, men being the leaders, protectors etc, not leaving the house without permission, the role of women as wives and mothers, the hadith about the majority of women being in hell and so on. It's all been answered a million times, there are books on this stuff yet people want to go on and on debating it. You can sense in the tone that some think islam is unfair to women or that some of these rulings are not right and unfortunately even some muslims begin to have doubts and they start questioning why Allah made it this way.

      Stop listening to the feminists and non muslims, love your deen completely and defend it. If you have hate in your heart for parts of the deen the problem is YOU not islam.
      I don't think it's wrong if anyone asks questions like that. I mean, when Prophet (S.A.W) had begin to spread Islam, if other religion people would have all just said that why should they ever question their religion, or think things through about why the laws of that religion are there, then how would Islam have spread? It only spread because people should think about what's right and wrong, and clear their doubts or think more on them. Same thing here, if one's point of view is different they have the right to ask I think, if anyone just goes without thinking about the reason, which probably would be there, then they would be doing the same thing that non-Muslims used to do, or even do now. Only in Islam, answers to most questions are given.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: women's issues/rulings in islam,

        Not everyone is made to follow things blindly. Not everyone is comfortable with here is rule X follow it or be bad. Most people like to understand so they can truly believe in the rule so they are following it with proper intention.

        Its like salah. People have hard time focusing on salah. Many Muslim perform it because they were told Perform salah or go to hell. So many follow it half hearted & lose focus. To combat this problem it is always suggested to try to understand the meaning of surah & Arabic language so you know what you are asking allah, this might help one focus better. Other people have hard time understanding why we even have to pray salah but when it is explain to them that 5x reminder of Allah keeps on humble & purifies once soul sort of like meditation, they get it.

        Everyone learns differently and every acts differently. I wish our ulema and muslim community were open to questions and understanding. Most have the opinion, "if you question Islamic rule you are bad muslim". This puts many off the path. Some people are great follower & they don't need explanation but others need to understand themselves why they are doing certain things. Also there are many areas of Islam that doesn't apply to everyone such as polygamy or staying home, this might not suit a personality. For her its important to understand Islamic law and her personality & choose a husband wisely

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: women's issues/rulings in islam,

          Originally posted by Kya View Post
          Not everyone is made to follow things blindly. Not everyone is comfortable with here is rule X follow it or be bad. Most people like to understand so they can truly believe in the rule so they are following it with proper intention.

          Its like salah. People have hard time focusing on salah. Many Muslim perform it because they were told Perform salah or go to hell. So many follow it half hearted & lose focus. To combat this problem it is always suggested to try to understand the meaning of surah & Arabic language so you know what you are asking allah, this might help one focus better. Other people have hard time understanding why we even have to pray salah but when it is explain to them that 5x reminder of Allah keeps on humble & purifies once soul sort of like meditation, they get it.

          Everyone learns differently and every acts differently. I wish our ulema and muslim community were open to questions and understanding. Most have the opinion, "if you question Islamic rule you are bad muslim". This puts many off the path. Some people are great follower & they don't need explanation but others need to understand themselves why they are doing certain things. Also there are many areas of Islam that doesn't apply to everyone such as polygamy or staying home, this might not suit a personality. For her its important to understand Islamic law and her personality & choose a husband wisely
          Exactly! I mean in Prophet (S.A.W) time, people could have asked anything about Islam. Today, even a child asking his parent about it is also taken as a badly be the parent.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: women's issues/rulings in islam,

            Asking only leads to more doubts for some people, then they have something negative to say about the anwers too especially on this topic.
            Scholars start getting called names and it gets put down to 'culture' when the answers are given. "How can he say women are weak, how can he say this and that" you get the point.

            Anyway, this isn't about asking to learn, it's about asking and then continuing to debate the issue because you are not happy with the answer.

            Then you see people have to say things to make women feel better, things like they can also have something similar to hoor in jannah, they can put conditions in marriage contracts, family roles can be split half and half, they don't have to do the household duties since it's not an obligation anyway....and so on.
            It's all unnecessary
            Last edited by Rumaysah~; 01-10-15, 04:09 PM.
            شَكَوْتُ إلَى وَكِيعٍ سُوءَ حِفْظِي
            فَأرْشَدَنِي إلَى تَرْكِ المعَاصي
            وَأخْبَرَنِي بأَنَّ العِلْمَ نُورٌ
            ونورُ الله لا يهدى لعاصي

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: women's issues/rulings in islam,

              Originally posted by Rumaysah~ View Post
              Asking only leads to more doubts for some people, then they have something negative to say about the anwers too especially on this topic.
              Scholars start getting called names and it gets put down to 'culture' when the answers are given. "How can he say women are weak, how can he say this and that" you get the point.

              Anyway, this isn't about asking to learn, it's about asking and then continuing to debate the issue because you are not happy with the answer.
              Mostly that happens when the answer really isn't that satisfying. I mean some people might just say it's Islam, you shouldn't question it. Or like, why do men get to decide things for woman? The answer is because they are made superior to woman in Islam. Now without any explaining done, any woman would want to ask more questions about that, about why that's the case, and that would lead to more debates. The problem, mostly in Muslim women questioning, is that answers are just given without explanation.

              Comment


              • #8
                There's a difference between asking questions to understand and allowing a question you have create doubt in your faith.

                I ask questions because I feel it's good and the answers strengthen my Iman. Also the problem is people always look at one aspect and assume it's unfair, you have to understand the rights and responsibilities of both men and women to realize we are equal but we just aren't the same.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: women's issues/rulings in islam,

                  Originally posted by happylover2 View Post
                  Mostly that happens when the answer really isn't that satisfying. I mean some people might just say it's Islam, you shouldn't question it. Or like, why do men get to decide things for woman? The answer is because they are made superior to woman in Islam. Now without any explaining done, any woman would want to ask more questions about that, about why that's the case, and that would lead to more debates. The problem, mostly in Muslim women questioning, is that answers are just given without explanation.
                  Exactly, often times one question leads to 10 other question because the first question was never fully answered. To be fair most Islamic scholars are male who never think nor do they understand women perspective. They are surprise that women are asking question & are unsatisfied with bad explanation. because for generation (post sahaba time because we have hadiths of women questioning our prophet about issues for the sake of answer & understanding instead of need base) but after the sahaba time women shut their brain off and culture took over. Now that women are asking question these scholars are unable to answer them because they didn't do research in that area.

                  Question doesn't always lead to doubts, that's for very small people & often times it is because the question answer wasn't very good.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: women's issues/rulings in islam,

                    Originally posted by Kya View Post
                    Exactly, often times one question leads to 10 other question because the first question was never fully answered. To be fair most Islamic scholars are male who never think nor do they understand women perspective. They are surprise that women are asking question & are unsatisfied with bad explanation. because for generation (post sahaba time because we have hadiths of women questioning our prophet about issues for the sake of answer & understanding instead of need base) but after the sahaba time women shut their brain off and culture took over. Now that women are asking question these scholars are unable to answer them because they didn't do research in that area.

                    Question doesn't always lead to doubts, that's for very small people & often times it is because the question answer wasn't very good.
                    This is soooo true!!! Esp the bolded bit is so relevant nowadays.
                    ‘If only I had done such-and-such, then such-and-such would have happened.’ Rather you should say, ‘Qaddara Allah wa ma sha a fa’ala (Allah decrees, and what He wills He does),’ for (the words) ‘If only’ open the door to the Shaytan.” (Narrated by Muslim).

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: women's issues/rulings in islam,

                      [MENTION=43833]Kya[/MENTION] i'm sorry but that kind of thing is just disrespect to islamic scholarship, you can't just Make general statements like that about the 'ulamaa. Besides, we've had plenty of female scholars in our history. The answers will always be based on quran and sunnah, nothing from their own selves. Wording is something different and some may be better than others at that.
                      شَكَوْتُ إلَى وَكِيعٍ سُوءَ حِفْظِي
                      فَأرْشَدَنِي إلَى تَرْكِ المعَاصي
                      وَأخْبَرَنِي بأَنَّ العِلْمَ نُورٌ
                      ونورُ الله لا يهدى لعاصي

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: women's issues/rulings in islam,

                        I think I agree with what is said above, but I think for some questions, such as leaving the house and the like, women think about the fact that men can abuse those rights. I do not think abuse is the right word here, but more that some men can act really unjustly or even completely incorrect rather than the correct Islamic manner. Not all men are like that, obviously, but it does happen frequently enough. Culture could also be an option for some.
                        Allahumma ighfir lil muslimeena wal-muslimaat, wal-mu'mineena wal-mu'minaat, al-ahyaa'i minhom wal-amwat
                        If God grants me life, I shall see to it that even the lonely shepherd in the mountains of San’a shall have his share in the wealth of the community
                        Umar ibn al-Khaṭṭāb

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X