Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anxiety over Forgiveness.

Salam everyone,
    I suffer from OCD and it's about religion most of my thoughts are that I will do something wrong and be punished in the word or go to hell. Mostly I seek forgiveness for the sins which I have not committed but I feel doubtful and guilty. So I tend to make promises to Allah that if I do a particular sin again then cause this evil to me. These promises I make out of fear. Now I have broken a promise and I am fearing the punishment. Is it my condition that is making me anxious. There is even a lot of guilt of committing the sin I won't lie on that. I am fasting for 3 days. But I am still feeling anxious. I do not want any grief in this world or hereafter. I just want Allah to forgive me. I have a really bad OCD. I have been diagnosed for almost 7-8 years. Are my sins shedding due to this illness?

Thanks.

Re: Anxiety over Forgiveness.

Originally posted by TheFlower View Post
    Salam everyone,
    I suffer from OCD and it's about religion most of my thoughts are that I will do something wrong and be punished in the word or go to hell. Mostly I seek forgiveness for the sins which I have not committed but I feel doubtful and guilty. So I tend to make promises to Allah that if I do a particular sin again then cause this evil to me. These promises I make out of fear. Now I have broken a promise and I am fearing the punishment. Is it my condition that is making me anxious. There is even a lot of guilt of committing the sin I won't lie on that. I am fasting for 3 days. But I am still feeling anxious. I do not want any grief in this world or hereafter. I just want Allah to forgive me. I have a really bad OCD. I have been diagnosed for almost 7-8 years. Are my sins shedding due to this illness?

Thanks.
    you cant help feeling this way sister, keep making Du'aa and try your best. you were created like this, so don't worry, ofcourse Allah S.W.T knows. i'm sure there's therapy for ocd that can help and medicines too which help and can make you feel more relaxed for the therapy, u spoken to ur doc about this... try not to do that thing wishing for an evil to befall you, don't do that from now sis. keep asking for guidance to gain ease in ur heart, and seek the professional too, u know ur symptoms are beyond ur control n part of the disorder, insha ' allah they can help too sis.x
    And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
    [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

Re: Anxiety over Forgiveness.

Go see your doctor...she may refer you to seek cognitive-behavioral therapy and go online and look at how to break your ocd habits...you can cure yourself....here is something you can read .here is a thread which includes a du'aa for anxiety which you might suffer from http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...ebt&highlight=
      Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

Working...
      X