Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm stressed out

Hello,

I started school a few weeks ago, this is my last year and then I'm going to University.

The thing is I am doing my A Levels now. If I don't pass them then I'm doomed because my IG grades expire at the end of this year. So if I don't do well in my AS, then I have to repeat 10 IG exams and repeat my AS as well.

I just feel so stressed out, I feel like breaking down, I just cant contain myself, I know I'm supposed to think positively and believe in Allah and trust that if I work hard he'll give me what I want but I don't know why I cant stop feeling like this, I need help. Someone please send me your prayers. I need to make my parents proud. There's so much to study and I keep panicking, even though it's just the beginning of the school year, I feel like I'm not caught up with my studies.

Are there any Dua's for a situation like this? Please help me out, thank you.

Re: I'm stressed out

Originally posted by AhmedAliGHZ View Post
    Hello,

I started school a few weeks ago, this is my last year and then I'm going to University.

The thing is I am doing my A Levels now. If I don't pass them then I'm doomed because my IG grades expire at the end of this year. So if I don't do well in my AS, then I have to repeat 10 IG exams and repeat my AS as well.

I just feel so stressed out, I feel like breaking down, I just cant contain myself, I know I'm supposed to think positively and believe in Allah and trust that if I work hard he'll give me what I want but I don't know why I cant stop feeling like this, I need help. Someone please send me your prayers. I need to make my parents proud. There's so much to study and I keep panicking, even though it's just the beginning of the school year, I feel like I'm not caught up with my studies.

Are there any Dua's for a situation like this? Please help me out, thank you.
    Wa Alaykumussalam. Okay brother, I understand how you feel, but I want you to start by thinking about priority. I'm not going to say Alevel results and university aren't important, because they are, but if you think about it, we are created solely with one purpose, and that is to worship Allah S.W.T We will live how many years on this earth....okay say maximum 100, if they day of Judgement, does not come before we die, and then how long in the Aakhirah... it will be eternal. So even though I'm sure this wont happen, I'll put it out there anywhere - worst case scenario is that you don't get into university, and then what... Its not the end of anything brother. Then you do an apprenticeship, or get a job, and insha ' Allah more religious knowledge too, that's most important, and then you get on with life. Like normal. So either way, genuinely no biggie.

Whats happened these days is so much pressure to go to university, from a young age. I've just started my second year, and same here to be honest. People act like if we don't go, its the end of everything or something, when it really isn't. Its like priorities have got so messed up these days.... we've gone wrong somewhere, as humanity I mean.

Anyway, trying to address your worry now, I think you'll have sat some exams last year right... unless your the new cohort, that has all the exams after 2 years, if so, 50% of the pressure is off. Also, if something goes wrong this year, you can always resit the year, so bear that in mind. Don't say your doomed brother, because doomed in this world isn't related to academics, no matter how much people try to persuade us otherwise. I see, I've just read about the IG grades expiring, but no big deal. Insha ' Allah this wont be the case.

What subjects are you doing and what kinda grades did you get last year? I ask because if you progressed to A2, you must have done atleast okay, and nowhere here did you mention that you got bad grades...so you seem to be on track I think. Also, what is the exact problem brother.... it may be that your struggling with your subjects? But judging by your post, that doesn't seem to be the case. Perhaps more like, the idea of doing bad is stressing you out so much, that, that is the problem right..

I don't know about specific Du'aas, and I'm sure others can provide this info Insha ' Allah. All I can say, Is the normal Du'aas plus asking Allah S.W.T in English for what you want will help so much, and also praying Tahajjud, and asking for what you want after Tahajjud. So just ask, sincerely, Allah S.W.T, because alone our creator can bring that ease and peace into your heart, so that you feel better, and Insha ' Allah guide you, so that you do well.

Please try not to get so stressed about this, speak to family about this, friends, school teachers, and perhaps even the doctor, they can give further advice, and even refer you to someone, to help you keep calm from getting so stressed out, Insha ' Allah. I will just advice you that please try to keep calm, and take things easy brother. Don't put so much pressure on yourself okay, its really not worth it. Remember... you did well last year, we been created for one purpose, and that the only thing stopping you from achieving I think is all this stress. Religion and health comes first. Are you praying consistently the 5 prayers and reading the Qur'an?

Will make Du'aa Insha ' Allah. By help, you can help yourself, by asking Allah S.W.T for help. By taking a deep breath, and looking at the priorities in your life. By remembering that you can only try your best, and insha ' allah you will succeed. You will make your parents proud either way okay, you are their child, and that comes first to them. Your commitment to religion, you being healthy, speak to them about this, how you feel, no need to feel any pressure okay brother.

Don't panic, the year has only just started. You said you feel behind, but I doubt that you are. If you actually are, then catch up, if not then don't worry, seriously. Speak to your teachers about concerns if you don't understand certain things, their job is to go through this with you, till u are clear Insha ' Allah. Also, take It easy brother, you're attending lessons, doing the work, trying your best, etc, that is more than enough. The year has just started, I guarantee you everyone is in the same position as you. Infact I know so!

A way to break down stress aswell, is make a timetable perhaps, for your different subjects, to ensure u get esssays, and exam revision done ontime. So putting certain subjects on certain days, to review over the work you've done in class to ensure you understand it.

Sorry this is so long, and probably repeated myself loads. But please just take it easy, academics is not the end of anything, whatever happens, Insha ' Allah you will do well, just make Du'aa and try your best, you cant do anything more, okay. What is meant to be will happen,so lay content in knowing that aswell okay. Just keep calm, breathe, you are not doomed either way, you are blessed looked at people who are struggling for survival every day, your parents are proud of you, and it is not dependant on your grades, it is because u are their child, you are not behind, just organise yourself with a timetable, speak to ur teachers if u don't understand

If you keep feeling overwhelmed and stressed, and thinking like this, then please express these worries to your family, and teachers, they can help you, the doctors also have therapies and techniques to help you de stress, and calm down Insha ' Allah. And don't forget the biggest weapon which is Du'aa, the Du'aas we ordinarily read, and also just normal prayers in English asking Allah S.W.T to help you, because he alone can help you get through this.
    And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
    [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

MashAllah sis.. Have you ever considered becoming a writer..? ^^
      I love you, cherish you and worship you,
      Guide me on your path to your janna,
      Unite me beside you My King and all mighty,

:love:Allah:love:

Comment

Originally posted by Creamcake View Post
        Wa Alaykumussalam. Okay brother, I understand how you feel, but I want you to start by thinking about priority. I'm not going to say Alevel results and university aren't important, because they are, but if you think about it, we are created solely with one purpose, and that is to worship Allah S.W.T We will live how many years on this earth....okay say maximum 100, if they day of Judgement, does not come before we die, and then how long in the Aakhirah... it will be eternal. So even though I'm sure this wont happen, I'll put it out there anywhere - worst case scenario is that you don't get into university, and then what... Its not the end of anything brother. Then you do an apprenticeship, or get a job, and insha ' Allah more religious knowledge too, that's most important, and then you get on with life. Like normal. So either way, genuinely no biggie.

Whats happened these days is so much pressure to go to university, from a young age. I've just started my second year, and same here to be honest. People act like if we don't go, its the end of everything or something, when it really isn't. Its like priorities have got so messed up these days.... we've gone wrong somewhere, as humanity I mean.

Anyway, trying to address your worry now, I think you'll have sat some exams last year right... unless your the new cohort, that has all the exams after 2 years, if so, 50% of the pressure is off. Also, if something goes wrong this year, you can always resit the year, so bear that in mind. Don't say your doomed brother, because doomed in this world isn't related to academics, no matter how much people try to persuade us otherwise. I see, I've just read about the IG grades expiring, but no big deal. Insha ' Allah this wont be the case.

What subjects are you doing and what kinda grades did you get last year? I ask because if you progressed to A2, you must have done atleast okay, and nowhere here did you mention that you got bad grades...so you seem to be on track I think. Also, what is the exact problem brother.... it may be that your struggling with your subjects? But judging by your post, that doesn't seem to be the case. Perhaps more like, the idea of doing bad is stressing you out so much, that, that is the problem right..

I don't know about specific Du'aas, and I'm sure others can provide this info Insha ' Allah. All I can say, Is the normal Du'aas plus asking Allah S.W.T in English for what you want will help so much, and also praying Tahajjud, and asking for what you want after Tahajjud. So just ask, sincerely, Allah S.W.T, because alone our creator can bring that ease and peace into your heart, so that you feel better, and Insha ' Allah guide you, so that you do well.

Please try not to get so stressed about this, speak to family about this, friends, school teachers, and perhaps even the doctor, they can give further advice, and even refer you to someone, to help you keep calm from getting so stressed out, Insha ' Allah. I will just advice you that please try to keep calm, and take things easy brother. Don't put so much pressure on yourself okay, its really not worth it. Remember... you did well last year, we been created for one purpose, and that the only thing stopping you from achieving I think is all this stress. Religion and health comes first. Are you praying consistently the 5 prayers and reading the Qur'an?

Will make Du'aa Insha ' Allah. By help, you can help yourself, by asking Allah S.W.T for help. By taking a deep breath, and looking at the priorities in your life. By remembering that you can only try your best, and insha ' allah you will succeed. You will make your parents proud either way okay, you are their child, and that comes first to them. Your commitment to religion, you being healthy, speak to them about this, how you feel, no need to feel any pressure okay brother.

Don't panic, the year has only just started. You said you feel behind, but I doubt that you are. If you actually are, then catch up, if not then don't worry, seriously. Speak to your teachers about concerns if you don't understand certain things, their job is to go through this with you, till u are clear Insha ' Allah. Also, take It easy brother, you're attending lessons, doing the work, trying your best, etc, that is more than enough. The year has just started, I guarantee you everyone is in the same position as you. Infact I know so!

A way to break down stress aswell, is make a timetable perhaps, for your different subjects, to ensure u get esssays, and exam revision done ontime. So putting certain subjects on certain days, to review over the work you've done in class to ensure you understand it.

Sorry this is so long, and probably repeated myself loads. But please just take it easy, academics is not the end of anything, whatever happens, Insha ' Allah you will do well, just make Du'aa and try your best, you cant do anything more, okay. What is meant to be will happen,so lay content in knowing that aswell okay. Just keep calm, breathe, you are not doomed either way, you are blessed looked at people who are struggling for survival every day, your parents are proud of you, and it is not dependant on your grades, it is because u are their child, you are not behind, just organise yourself with a timetable, speak to ur teachers if u don't understand

If you keep feeling overwhelmed and stressed, and thinking like this, then please express these worries to your family, and teachers, they can help you, the doctors also have therapies and techniques to help you de stress, and calm down Insha ' Allah. And don't forget the biggest weapon which is Du'aa, the Du'aas we ordinarily read, and also just normal prayers in English asking Allah S.W.T to help you, because he alone can help you get through this.
        Thank you so much for the detailed reply. I see exactly where you're coming from. I passed all my IG's after I re-took some of them. I don't know maybe I'm just under too much pressure because it's my last year and I have to pull through. I know I can do it, but I don't know how much work I'm supposed to put in to do it. Thanks for everything, I appreciate your time. I feel better now, I'll just study everything and do my work on time. :up:

Comment

Originally posted by AhmedAliGHZ View Post
          Thank you so much for the detailed reply. I see exactly where you're coming from. I passed all my IG's after I re-took some of them. I don't know maybe I'm just under too much pressure because it's my last year and I have to pull through. I know I can do it, but I don't know how much work I'm supposed to put in to do it. Thanks for everything, I appreciate your time. I feel better now, I'll just study everything and do my work on time. :up:
          you're very welcome brother, just forget about the pressure. All you have to do bro is try your best, irrespective of the outcome, no one can ask you for more than that. See, you know u can do it Masha ' Allah, just make a timetable to balance the work, read over it, review, make notes, ask qs etc, and only the start of the year so take it easy aswell as working hard, just breathe n remember most ppl won't have started so ur ahead. exactly, just get ur work done when set by class, homeworks, if u have essays etc. Seriously, its all good Alhamdulillah and Insha ' Allah you'll do well. try ur best brother n remember what is meant to be, will come.
          And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
          [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

My advice is simple.

Wake up early, sleep early.

Plan your day.

Study in 1 hour blocks. Allocate 15 mins of rest.

Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables.

And critically, exercise.

Stay disciplined.

Also - try breathing exercises. 5 seconds hold, breath in, 5 seconds hold, breath out.

Comment

Working...
            X