Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does niqaab need to be black?

Salam,

Just wondering what the opinion is on this matter? I know that in old times, ladies clothes were all kinds of colours. Now I see generally that conservative clothes such as niqabs, are black. Is it permissible to wear another colour?

Re: Does niqaab need to be black?

Remember those tacky fake CK scarfs that everyone used to wear? Thank Allah that has passed.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
      Remember those tacky fake CK scarfs that everyone used to wear? Thank Allah that has passed.
      LOL - I still have one - I wear it im cooking, its my cooking scarf!
      وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

it's supposed to be as least attractive as possible

if such a color is going to cause you to get extra attention, it's not permissible

this isn't just about niqab, general.
        You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenicca View Post
          LOL - I still have one - I wear it im cooking, its my cooking scarf!
          CK = Cooking/Kitchen scarf.

Comment

IMO, need not be black, but its better as its more opaque than other colours.
            :lailah:

Comment

They were fake duh, that makes sense
              I was wondering why all the desi stores were selling CK for so cheap and why CK make hijab in first place.

I am so slow :(

Comment

Originally posted by Kya View Post
                They were fake duh, that makes sense
                I was wondering why all the desi stores were selling CK for so cheap and why CK make hijab in first place.

I am so slow :(
                It's why we don't see them anymore. Nobody realised they were for indoor use only.

Comment

Niqab doesn't have to be black. As long as it doesn't fall under any definition of tabarruj (glam, showing off through attention grabbing colours, prints, or sparkly bling) then it's fine. I've seen sisters wearing blue niqab or maroon niqab so they are available in other colours even if that's uncommon.
                  The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Lol, a brother remembers that?
                    I didn't like those scarfs at all.
                    "Let the days do as they please, and be optimistic when destiny decrees. Do not despair due to the events of the past, for the events of this world were not meant to last." - Imam Shafi'i

Comment

Working...
                    X