Signs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signs?

can I get some input on what kinds of signs we are allowed to believe in?

I did istikhara on a certain matter last night and I went out today to get my rent money and came across something and I immediately took it to be sign(a positive one and a direct answer to my istikhara)

I don't want to say exactly what I made istikhara for but The thing I came across today was astronomical improbable that I immediately took it to be the answer I was looking for.
    For example if you made is istikhara about a trip to Africa the night and you came across a herd of zebra in the middle of downtown London the next day,something along those lines. Something so highly unlikely that you could not possible ignore it. I mean the chances of this thing happening are next to very,very low,not impossible but almost so that that you would never think it apossiility.

It was very,very obvious to me but the several hundred other people that MUST have seen took zero notice of it.

Was that wrong for seeing what happened today as a sign? I'm allowed to take what I came across today as a positive sign?

I'm confused and this is really important to me! Please,any feedback would be appreciated

Re: Signs?

It's possible you may get signs, but generally what happens is that as you make an effort to make the correct decision, the wrong one will have hurdles and obstacles and will be much harder and the right decision will be easy..Allah will guide you when you put your trust in Him.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZVEydn3RKk

Comment

Ok I think I understand,

So If I make istikhara and the it's very difficult decision and all other possible answers are nullified by something highly improbable happening I can take that as a green light to proceed.

I told myslef I will give it a couple days,and double check the situation to see if it is actually the same,checked again today was so shocked I decided that it was in fact as I originally had observed and then I took a short nap and if I wake up and the situation is the same with all the same factors I will proceed.

I did that and The situation is still the same so I'm I safe to proceed?

The reason I want to double check is the situation is going to be life altering for me and I suspected that maybe it was shayiteen trying to trick me but after careful consideration and waiting and re-observing I don't see how that could be possible?

Sorry to be a bother but this is so crucially important to me

Comment

Whatever looks right, do that..if it's not good, Allah will remove it from your path, or make you aware of it. You can't go wrong when you trust Allah and you are turning to Him.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZVEydn3RKk

Comment

Originally posted by Samsandman View Post
          can I get some input on what kinds of signs we are allowed to believe in?

I did istikhara on a certain matter last night and I went out today to get my rent money and came across something and I immediately took it to be sign(a positive one and a direct answer to my istikhara)

I don't want to say exactly what I made istikhara for but The thing I came across today was astronomical improbable that I immediately took it to be the answer I was looking for.
          For example if you made is istikhara about a trip to Africa the night and you came across a herd of zebra in the middle of downtown London the next day,something along those lines. Something so highly unlikely that you could not possible ignore it. I mean the chances of this thing happening are next to very,very low,not impossible but almost so that that you would never think it apossiility.

It was very,very obvious to me but the several hundred other people that MUST have seen took zero notice of it.

Was that wrong for seeing what happened today as a sign? I'm allowed to take what I came across today as a positive sign?

I'm confused and this is really important to me! Please,any feedback would be appreciated

I remember my professor at university explain the proper way to do istikhara and what to do afterwards.
          She asked us, who do you ask first, Allah or the people?
          We all answered unanimously, Allah of course. Then she asked a second question, do you ask anyone after you asked Allah? We were kinda dumb founded, and she went on to explain. How it was rud and disrespectful to Allah, that we would turn to ask the creation for guidance after asking Allah for guidance.
          The she said, if you want to do istikhara, do your homework about whatever you want to do istikhara about first, ask the people your questions. Then, after you gathered enough information, make your decision, pray istikhara, then go about your business.
          Don't look for 'signs', because istikhara is about Allah making it easy for you.
          If you decided to go and made istikhara, and Allah planned that it wasn't good for you, your tire would blow, you'd lose your ticket, your child will get sick that day, your hotel will tell you they accidentally didn't book your room....see where I'm going?

Anyways...Hope that helps with the 'signs' stuff.

Comment

No no no no no no no
            You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuuna View Post
              I remember my professor at university explain the proper way to do istikhara and what to do afterwards.
              She asked us, who do you ask first, Allah or the people?
              We all answered unanimously, Allah of course. Then she asked a second question, do you ask anyone after you asked Allah? We were kinda dumb founded, and she went on to explain. How it was rud and disrespectful to Allah, that we would turn to ask the creation for guidance after asking Allah for guidance.
              The she said, if you want to do istikhara, do your homework about whatever you want to do istikhara about first, ask the people your questions. Then, after you gathered enough information, make your decision, pray istikhara, then go about your business.
              Don't look for 'signs', because istikhara is about Allah making it easy for you.
              If you decided to go and made istikhara, and Allah planned that it wasn't good for you, your tire would blow, you'd lose your ticket, your child will get sick that day, your hotel will tell you they accidentally didn't book your room....see where I'm going?

Anyways...Hope that helps with the 'signs' stuff.

I have tended to become very cautious almost to the point of paranoid inaction due to so many things that I "felt" good about before going so horribly wrong for me in the past.

I come on the forum to get people opinions and experience As I don't have that much experience with Islam except for really bad examples locally.

Comment

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
                No no no no no no no
                No what?

you sound like a child.

try writing a sentence or using more than one word to convey information

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                X