Shawarma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shawarma

Too salty, can spoil the taste and mood. How do you like your Shawarma ?
    I try to be El diplomatique ~Abu General El Diplomatique

Re: Shawarma

different to doner?
    وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Originally posted by Jenicca View Post
      different to doner?
      Totally compared to diner in UK anyway.

If people saw how UK diner is made they wouldn't touch it tbh. Its basically spiced mince and fat. They actually use a ballnof mince then a ball of fat and so on squished down to hold it together

Shawarma is basically real chunks of spiced chicken or lamb on a skewer and cooked like diner. So chicken thigh whole going round and round, similar to them machines with whole chickens going round

Shwarma is much better for you too

Comment

The new Shawarma maker makes it too salty. I thought it was just me, and the mgmt tended to agree it was the Shawarma maker's fault. Heck, who adds way too much salt in a Shawarma.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenicca View Post
          different to doner?
          Yes. Nonameaki explains well. The man knows his meat.

Comment

shawerma is salty?

the only shawerma i've eaten are extra spicy or no spice ..

Comment

shawarma is pretty good if you know where to get it from

well here you have doner kebabs, which are better
              You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Originally posted by noobz View Post
                shawerma is salty?

the only shawerma i've eaten are extra spicy or no spice ..
                Yes. Agreed. That's why i complained about the Shawarma maker.

Comment

some can be really nice, some not so much, depends
                  good sharwamas are proper nice Alhamdulillah
                  And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record
                  [al-Anaam 6:59]

Comment

Originally posted by Creamcake View Post
                    some can be really nice, some not so much, depends
                    good sharwamas are proper nice Alhamdulillah
                    What ! Only 4 lines. It's a miracle.

Comment

Shawarma is best from Lebanese restaurants.. Any where else does not have the right quality in taste.
                      Although I prefer chicken donner anyday! The Turkish do them best.. Anywhere else also lacks the right quality.

Not sure about it being salty though??
                      I love you, cherish you and worship you,
                      Guide me on your path to your janna,
                      Unite me beside you My King and all mighty,

:love:Allah:love:

Comment

Originally posted by Aj2 View Post
                        What ! Only 4 lines. It's a miracle.
                        I only write long posts when giving advice, not on a sharwarma thread brother.
                        And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record
                        [al-Anaam 6:59]

Comment

It's just dried out, overcooked tiny scraps of meat. Even looks a mess on the plate.

Comment

I tried shawarma for the first time a couple months ago,LOVED IT! wasn't very salty at all.

I wouldn't have complained if it was, I like salt and add it to most of my food anyway.

the place I got if from(8thand 8th) it was big chunks of chicken on a vertical spit,looks way better than donair meat. As it looks like real meat rather than mystery meat loaf

i love donairs but realistically it the MidEast equivalent of Spam.

My favourite place for donairs has lamb and bison donairs and they are 100% better than beef donairs,the Lamb especially. It's a lebanese place called Uncle Moe's.
                            One thing I don't like is the D-Rex challenge they promote. It's a donair with kilo of meat and if you can eat it in 45 minutes it free and you get your picture on the wall.
                            Of course it's rough looking white guys on the wall.
                            Seems like promoting gluttony.

Comment

Originally posted by Samsandman View Post
                              I tried shawarma for the first time a couple months ago,LOVED IT! wasn't very salty at all.

I wouldn't have complained if it was, I like salt and add it to most of my food anyway.

the place I got if from(8thand 8th) it was big chunks of chicken on a vertical spit,looks way better than donair meat. As it looks like real meat rather than mystery meat loaf

i love donairs but realistically it the MidEast equivalent of Spam.

My favourite place for donairs has lamb and bison donairs and they are 100% better than beef donairs,the Lamb especially. It's a lebanese place called Uncle Moe's.
                              One thing I don't like is the D-Rex challenge they promote. It's a donair with kilo of meat and if you can eat it in 45 minutes it free and you get your picture on the wall.
                              Of course it's rough looking white guys on the wall.

Seems like promoting gluttony.
                              Haha. Nice. Gonna look up on youtube to see if there are any vids.

Comment

Working...
                              X