Is this ok?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this ok?

Is it ok at my lows of imaan, or whatever it is called, to use Jannah as motivation to move on? Cause I know Allah SWT is merciful. But I don't want to lose faith, in doing so, I think of Jannat, and how I can't just give up.

Cause honestly, I have no connections to Alims, so my only string is Allah SWT, and my motivation is Allah SWT and Jannat. Is this bad?

I know this deen can answer all my questions, but I want to taste that. I don't want to die a non muslim either. I want to die a muslim.
    Last edited by Serinity; 22-09-15, 02:58 PM.
    La ilaha illallahu, wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu, wa Huwa 'ala kulli sha'in Qadir
    (there is no true god except Allah. He is One and He has no partner with Him; His is the sovereignty and His is the praise, and He is Omnipotent),'
    Do not say about Allah but Truth.

Re: Is this ok?

Of course that's okay. Why wouldn't it be? We're always advised to avoid attachments to the dunya and work towards the akhirah anyway.
    The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Is this ok?

Yeah
      And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
      [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

Originally posted by Serinity View Post
        Is it ok at my lows of imaan, or whatever it is called, to use Jannah as motivation to move on? Cause I know Allah SWT is merciful. But I don't want to lose faith, in doing so, I think of Jannat, and how I can't just give up.

Cause honestly, I have no connections to Alims, so my only string is Allah SWT, and my motivation is Allah SWT and Jannat. Is this bad?

I know this deen can answer all my questions, but I want to taste that. I don't want to die a non muslim either. I want to die a muslim.
        Salaam

Suffering From Weak Faith

http://islamqa.info/en/22877

Think of it this way , this is dunya not jannah we have good days and bad days.

May Allah grant you steadfastness in the deen.
        The Prophet (saw) advised to: “Take benefit of five before five: Your youth before your old age, your health before your sickness, your wealth before your poverty, your free time before you are preoccupied, and your life before your death
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgE...kS-Qi3nf3tcvPw

Comment

Originally posted by Ibn Taleb View Post
          Salaam

Suffering From Weak Faith

http://islamqa.info/en/22877

Think of it this way , this is dunya not jannah we have good days and bad days.

May Allah grant you steadfastness in the deen.
          :jkk: I appreciate your response.

And :jkk: for your kindness people.

I do suffer from weak faith, but I am... Doing my 5 prayers... But I could improve on my Fajr. Fajr here is 5:18, I woke up around 5:30 somewhere there, and prayed around 6:15 ;( Can I improve my Fajr?

I do my 5 daily prayers, but they aren't as eager and ambitious as before.

May Allah SWT reward you for the dua. Ameen.

Btw, everytime I think of doing good I feel this sense of laziness. I realise, if I act upon my laziness, I will bring upon my own self, my own doom. Allah SWT forbid.

My problem:

What can I do to improve? Do I just keep going? What can I add to my worship to make it more ambitious? What do I do to regain the strength of Iman I had? Keep going? Yes, but I need change of thought. Any other suggestions?

Btw, some of my ibadah, has become routine. Especially dhikr. I do 33 SubhanAllah etc. Say astafirgullah, after every prayer. What can I do to add depth? Ie. What can I do to make it more immersive?
          Last edited by Serinity; 29-09-15, 03:42 PM.
          La ilaha illallahu, wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu, wa Huwa 'ala kulli sha'in Qadir
          (there is no true god except Allah. He is One and He has no partner with Him; His is the sovereignty and His is the praise, and He is Omnipotent),'

Comment

My problem:

What can I do to improve? Do I just keep going? What can I add to my worship to make it more ambitious? What do I do to regain the strength of Iman I had? Keep going? Yes, but I need change of thought. Any other suggestions?

Btw, some of my ibadah, has become routine. Especially dhikr. I do 33 SubhanAllah etc. Say astafirgullah, after every prayer. What can I do to add depth? Ie. What can I do to make it more immersive?[/B]
            You are a muslim, do not hesitate. Knowledge and prayer.
            Knowledge is very important my dear brother. Religion is nothing but knowledge and love. The more you know, the more you love and the more you ascend, and the more you fear from descending.
            This is not a theory, this is our experiences.
            Study and think, let your questions move you towards truth more and more.
            Note: I am a shia.

Comment

Originally posted by ALAS View Post
              You are a muslim, do not hesitate. Knowledge and prayer.
              Knowledge is very important my dear brother. Religion is nothing but knowledge and love. The more you know, the more you love and the more you ascend, and the more you fear from descending.
              This is not a theory, this is our experiences.
              Study and think, let your questions move you towards truth more and more.
              I need trustworthy people to speak to, to unravel my doubts. My doubts is killing my imaan, the only thing holding me, is my positivity, and Allah SWT of course. The longing for the return to Allah SWT, the beauty of Allah SWT, and Jannatul Firdaus. I long for the akhira. I don't like this world.

I understand that Islam can answer all my doubts, but is it futile to ask them to someone I don't know? They might cheat me. Someone weak as me. I want to become more knowledgeable, but who can I trust? I seek knowledge, but you also have to know where that knowledge comes from - is it reliable or not, etc.

But, don't get me wrong, I appreciate your response, MashAllah. ;jkk:
              Last edited by Serinity; 29-09-15, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Salaam Brother

If you’re having these Waswasa (Satanic whispers), ask yourself, WHY are YOU having them and why not a bad Muslim? Why you? You are such a good Muslim, praying 5 times and even more, fasting, giving charity, reading Qur’an, etc, Why you? http://www.answering-christianity.co...l_thoughts.htm

I recommend reading the above :up:

Start new things like memorizing Quraan , listening to more lectures , volunteer work (Good deeds in general) and something i reccomend is learning about aqeedah becasue that keeps you firm in faith insha Allah.

i recommend frequenting the masjid even for fajr even if you dont hear the athan from your dwelling. There is a lot of baraka (blessing) in the houses of Allah, spend time lots of time there, develop a relationship with the muslims and the imam, do your memorization there, attend halaqas (knowledge circles) there if not let them direct you elsewhere .

Use hisnul Muslim (fotress of the muslim) to change your ithkaar , even the ones during salaat.

Make it your duty to pray on time and try your best to observe the sunnan prayers.

Excerscize and if you are doing anything haraam that you know of try to cut it out and wage jihad on your nafs

lastly watch debates by zakir naik and ahmad deedat!!

Al Baqrah 2-5

2. This is the Book in which there is no doubt, a guide for the righteous.

3. Those who believe in the unseen, and perform the prayers, and give from what We have provided for them.

4. And those who believe in what was revealed to you, and in what was revealed before you, and are certain of the Hereafter.

5. These are upon guidance from their Lord. These are the successful.
                The Prophet (saw) advised to: “Take benefit of five before five: Your youth before your old age, your health before your sickness, your wealth before your poverty, your free time before you are preoccupied, and your life before your death
                https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgE...kS-Qi3nf3tcvPw

Comment

I understand that Islam can answer all my doubts, but is it futile to ask them to someone I don't know? They might cheat me. Someone weak as me. I want to become more knowledgeable, but who can I trust? I seek knowledge, but you also have to know where that knowledge comes from - is it reliable or not, etc.
                  I see. But you are strong and brave enough to be a muslim. You can study, online or the books and face to face with people, you can. You can think and compare. There is no need that you fear. You are strong enough to listen or read and think, and say no to whatever you have a doubt about it. No one can force you to believe anything without enough evidences.

who listen to the words and follow what is finest of it. these are they whom allah has guided. they are those of understanding. Quran 39:18
                  Note: I am a shia.

Comment

Originally posted by Ibn Taleb View Post
                    Salaam Brother

If you’re having these Waswasa (Satanic whispers), ask yourself, WHY are YOU having them and why not a bad Muslim? Why you? You are such a good Muslim, praying 5 times and even more, fasting, giving charity, reading Qur’an, etc, Why you? http://www.answering-christianity.co...l_thoughts.htm

I recommend reading the above :up:

Start new things like memorizing Quraan , listening to more lectures , volunteer work (Good deeds in general) and something i reccomend is learning about aqeedah becasue that keeps you firm in faith insha Allah.

i recommend frequenting the masjid even for fajr even if you dont hear the athan from your dwelling. There is a lot of baraka (blessing) in the houses of Allah, spend time lots of time there, develop a relationship with the muslims and the imam, do your memorization there, attend halaqas (knowledge circles) there if not let them direct you elsewhere .

Use hisnul Muslim (fotress of the muslim) to change your ithkaar , even the ones during salaat.

Make it your duty to pray on time and try your best to observe the sunnan prayers.

Excerscize and if you are doing anything haraam that you know of try to cut it out and wage jihad on your nafs

lastly watch debates by zakir naik and ahmad deedat!!

Al Baqrah 2-5

2. This is the Book in which there is no doubt, a guide for the righteous.

3. Those who believe in the unseen, and perform the prayers, and give from what We have provided for them.

4. And those who believe in what was revealed to you, and in what was revealed before you, and are certain of the Hereafter.

5. These are upon guidance from their Lord. These are the successful.
                    I have sadly, maybe, fallen for some of the traps... I get constant thoughts of me being a hypcorite etc. In my head, I call myself a hypocrite. I fear hypocrisy - even saying that I feel hypocrisy.

Astafirgullah. I won't say some of the thoughts I have... :( But I fear losing faith at time of death.

Originally posted by ALAS View Post
                    I see. But you are strong and brave enough to be a muslim. You can study, online or the books and face to face with people, you can. You can think and compare. There is no need that you fear. You are strong enough to listen or read and think, and say no to whatever you have a doubt about it. No one can force you to believe anything without enough evidences.

who listen to the words and follow what is finest of it. these are they whom allah has guided. they are those of understanding. Quran 39:18
                    I see. I have none to teach me, it is soo sad.

Comment

Ofcourse, There will be 3 kinds of people who will enter Jannah.

1. who do everything for Allah.
                      2. Who fear the fire.
                      3. Who need the pleasure of Paradise.

There are no ranking in these. All are equal.

May I ask how is your gas problem now?
                      Earth is not a place to make life perfect. So please never complain.

Perfect and Happy life can only be in Paradise. Have Patience. :banan:

Comment

Originally posted by john_repents View Post
                        Ofcourse, There will be 3 kinds of people who will enter Jannah.

1. who do everything for Allah.
                        2. Who fear the fire.
                        3. Who need the pleasure of Paradise.

There are no ranking in these. All are equal.

May I ask how is your gas problem now?
                        Alhamdulillah, I really long for the Akhira and Jannah - I think I have fallen in love with Jannat. I want to love Allah SWT more though. This world is too dark for my liking. I'd rather live in Jannatul Firdaus and look at my Lord and smile across Jannat. :inlove:

As for my gas problem. It is still a problem - but I don't heed it as much - or when it occurs I don't become as mad as I was before. Now I just wait till my gas problem subsides - and then do wudhu again. If it happens again - I do wudhu again. TIll I have wudhu, without gas problem.

Might take from 3 minutes to 25 minutes.
                        Last edited by Serinity; 30-09-15, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Alhamdulillah, I really long for the Akhira and Jannah - I think I have fallen in love with Jannat. I want to love Allah SWT more though. This world is too dark for my liking. I'd rather live in Jannatul Firdaus and look at my Lord and smile across Jannat. :inlove:

As for my gas problem. It is still a problem - but I don't heed it as much - or when it occurs I don't become as mad as I was before. Now I just wait till my gas problem subsides - and then do wudhu again. If it happens again - I do wudhu again. TIll I have wudhu, without gas problem.

Might take from 3 minutes to 25 minutes.
                          Bro, there will be no place for good muslims in this dunya now till Dajjal is killed by Jesus (pbuh).

Allah SWT exactly knows your problem, so the better idea was having patience. good now you have done it.

For me gas problem is like 5-10% only now. Easy to control. 4 months back it was like you.

Comment

Originally posted by john_repents View Post
                            Bro, there will be no place for good muslims in this dunya now till Dajjal is killed by Jesus (pbuh).

Allah SWT exactly knows your problem, so the better idea was having patience. good now you have done it.

For me gas problem is like 5-10% only now. Easy to control. 4 months back it was like you.
                            So this dunya will be a prison till Jesus (AS) kills Dajjal?
                            So I am in bad position?
                            You really make me worry.

But from today, I've made a commitment to not act on any doubts.

Comment

So this dunya will be a prison till Jesus (AS) kills Dajjal?
                              So I am in bad position?
                              You really make me worry.

But from today, I've made a commitment to not act on any doubts.
                              see I said you have done it.

Everything depends on the situation but the test for all are equal from the time world started till the last day. It depends on the intensity of the age we live in. Allah SWT is no unjust to anyone as we know.
                              So do not worry.

There are only two answers.. a) Yes, and b) No. Nothing is there as may be or I don't know.

We have to check the points when our wudu will break. If it is very near to break but not broken (if you know what I mean), then its just simple that its not broken and we shall continue. Allah SWT knows exactly what you are thinking.

Look at this way, It doesn't matter what is the work we do, all matters is our intention.

For example, think I remember that am in the state of wudu but actually am not. And after that I go to prayer, then my prayer remains valid. But if I remember suddenly in the middle of prayer that am not in the state of wudu then I have to leave prayer at that time.

So Allah SWT will not look at that state am in, but if my intention is correct or not.

So please don't worry if your prayer will be accepted or not or if there might be some kind of problem. The answer is simple, you remember that you are right? Then Proceed and get the reward.

Thats it, May Allah SWT give you ease and comfort. Ameen.

Comment

Working...
                              X