• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shaking hands with the opposite gender

oh wow I really need to learn from this thread Insha ' Allah
    Both the shaking hands at interview thing
    And the change thing aswell
    hate interviews with the opposite gender interviewing to begin with, Its just soo awkward.
    genuinely didn't know that they're both wrong.
    And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
    [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

Originally posted by Samsandman View Post
      Where i live it's pretty much expected that men shake hands with women ALWAYS. I've never like to shakes hands with a women even as a kaffir,I got into trouble in school for that attitude and lots of arguements with people. Your seen as a male chauvinist if you refuse to shake hands with a women. Feminism has run amok in N.America. Western feminist women get VERY upset if you refuse to shake their hands. They will always cry gender discrimination

People of European backgrounds especially northern and eastern europe shake hands differently than many New Canadians. In N.America you learn to have a "firm grip" but I've noticed Europeans attempt to crush every bone in your hand with their grip,Asians and Africans tend to give the "Dead fish flop" style of handshaking like a women. That's pretty annoying and awkward.

I also don't like taking change from women due to hand contact,I find silently pointing to the counter usually works if they don't get the hint I will say "put it down" in a firm tone.
      Don't smile while saying it,when you smile people tend not to take what you are saying as serious.
      sheesh crush ur hand. im glad im not a guy. lool like a woman shake

doctors always try to shake my hand i hate it, it just so awkward feeling after

Comment

Here, not shaking hands is a sign of huge disrespect. You might as well slap the person in the face..I never thought about the "taking change" from someone, does not look like there would be a way out of that.

Every cashier...etc, is a woman/girl.

Comment

I just tell them I'm a germaphobe and they generally leave it alone.
          “Ask forgiveness from your Lord. Indeed! He is Oft-Forgiving.” (71:10)

Comment

:salams

For the interviews, I send the following email a day in advance just so they know and it prevents any awkwardness:

Because of religious reasons, I am not allowed to shake hands with the opposite gender. I would truly appreciate if you can inform the female members that I will be meeting prior to the interview of this, as I do not want to appear impolite. I hope you can accommodate my request.

It always works.

Originally posted by SofiaG View Post
            I just tell them I'm a germaphobe and they generally leave it alone.
            If you are not, then that'd be lying.
            Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
            - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
              If you are not, then that'd be lying.
              I am so it's not lying but I will quickly shake a females hand if I need to. I just pick the easiest of the two reasons to explain. Not everyone understands that Islam doesn't permit hand shaking between opposite genders.
              “Ask forgiveness from your Lord. Indeed! He is Oft-Forgiving.” (71:10)

Comment

Lol @ put it down - said without smiling. Really rude tho, at least add "please", if a guy said that to me I'll probably " accidently" chuck it down so he has to look for it under the counter :|
                O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

*accidentally*

O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

I put my hand on my chest and do just nod my head. Worked once.
                    [SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"][FONT=Book Antiqua][CENTER][B][URL="http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?459504-Immensely-rewarding-dhikr!!!&highlight="]IMMENSELY REWARDING DHIKR!!![/URL][/B][/CENTER][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][COLOR="#2F4F4F"][CENTER]Before you post, think..."Will this help me when I stand before Allah?" If it doesn't, then you're wasting time....[/CENTER][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by *sheba* View Post
                      Lol @ put it down - said without smiling. Really rude tho, at least add "please", if a guy said that to me I'll probably " accidently" chuck it down so he has to look for it under the counter :|
                      I never give women the impression I'm interested in having a conversation,that starts with smiling. The idea of gender segregation is a totally alien concept in general society in Canada
                      Not to sound conceded but being a tall, decent looking guy I get flirted with and hit on quite a bit,kufar women have no shame. They will try to strike up a conversation if a man is attractive. In the grocery store,at the bank,at the bus stop,literally anywhere they think they can "land" a man. Nice guys are hard to come by here so I don;y blame them but try to turn down a good looking women isn't easy when your single.

Being slightly rude is much better than winding up in some strange womans bed and explaining that I'm muslim never works. Muslim and kufar say the exact same thing every time.

"How can you be muslim?your white!" never fails. When I explain that I converted to Islam I will get one of three reactions from white folks.

the will think I'm some kind of homegrown terrorist(thanks slanted media),the will look disgusted like I just admitted to raping their grandmother or that I was threatened or coerced into converting.

No nicey-nicey with kuffar women,they don't understand and it only leads to trouble,I've learned to avoid some muslimahs as well.

Headscarf+tight pants=Satan.

Comment

Originally posted by Samsandman View Post
                        I never give women the impression I'm interested in having a conversation,that starts with smiling. The idea of gender segregation is a totally alien concept in general society in Canada
                        Not to sound conceded but being a tall, decent looking guy I get flirted with and hit on quite a bit,kufar women have no shame. They will try to strike up a conversation if a man is attractive. In the grocery store,at the bank,at the bus stop,literally anywhere they think they can "land" a man. Nice guys are hard to come by here so I don;y blame them but try to turn down a good looking women isn't easy when your single.

Being slightly rude is much better than winding up in some strange womans bed and explaining that I'm muslim never works. Muslim and kufar say the exact same thing every time.

"How can you be muslim?your white!" never fails. When I explain that I converted to Islam I will get one of three reactions from white folks.

the will think I'm some kind of homegrown terrorist(thanks slanted media),the will look disgusted like I just admitted to raping their grandmother or that I was threatened or coerced into converting.

No nicey-nicey with kuffar women,they don't understand and it only leads to trouble,I've learned to avoid some muslimahs as well.

Headscarf+tight pants=Satan.
                        I didn't mean smiling, no need to go that far, just putting a "please" and "thank you" will suffice. As for kuffar women hitting on you, I'll take your word on it, since being a woman and all I don't get that type of attention. However I do know some men don't get hints of disinterest nor take a simple no for an answer and one must restore to rudeness to get rid of them. Guess these women are their counterparts, lol.

Headscarf + right pants = struggling/sinning muslimah.

Comment

Originally posted by *sheba* View Post
                          I didn't mean smiling, no need to go that far, just putting a "please" and "thank you" will suffice. As for kuffar women hitting on you, I'll take your word on it, since being a woman and all I don't get that type of attention. However I do know some men don't get hints of disinterest nor take a simple no for an answer and one must restore to rudeness to get rid of them. Guess these women are their counterparts, lol.

Headscarf + right pants = struggling/sinning muslimah.
                          Exactly! I don't want here trying to sin with me.

All men everywhere on earth have the exact same weakness,women.
                          Last edited by Samsandman; 22-09-15, 08:38 AM. Reason: only idiots spel rong

Comment

Originally posted by *aisha* View Post
                            its haram to shake hands. you put your hands to your side n say "sorry i dont shake hands i hope you dont get offended"

Ibn Muflih said:

Abu ‘Abd-Allaah – i.e., Imam Ahmad – was asked about a man who shakes hands with a woman. He said, No, and was emphatic that it is haraam. I said, Should he shake hands with her from beneath his garment? He said, No.
                            BismAllah this ^^^^^^ √ 10 points sis ;)
                            BismAllah. Slave of Allah swt forever Forever a slave of Allah swt

Comment

Working...
                            X